Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Five More Thoughts After Super Bowl XLVII Victory

79 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis is the last of an era and 49ers shouldn't complain about no penalty on the final drive.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Five-More-Thoughts-After-Super-Bowl-XLVII-Victory/f85b86c5-7059-4686-b0fd-4a390ac6f816]View the full article[/url]

Torrey Smith knows a thing or two about catching winning TDs DESPITE pass interference.

It looks like his wife's kissing his forearm. Awkward picture. ;) But what an amazing game!!! :)

Also, the correct response to any 49ers fan complaining about that call is to tell them they wouldn't even be in the Super Bowl if the refs hadn't given Navorro Bowman that same exact free pass in the NFC Champ. Game.

I though that Jimmy Smith was holding, but, it's the Super Bowl, Let's the players played its out, and see who's win. You can't say a team lose a game on the final play, because that team has chances to make plays or scores earlier in the game. Penaly are a part of football, and teams need to realizance that.I though on David Arkers field goal attempt that he felt down his self, and Chykie Brown never ran into him. But, We need to enjoy this as long as we can, because of never know when you will win a other ring.

I only have two final thoughts....Thank you Ravens, and thank the good Lord for keeping me sane this season!!!

I too favor the minimalist approach to officiating; let the players play. Way too many touchy feely pass interference calls during the season.

The Fortywhiners showing no class, that was a great no call on a uncatchable ball, officiating i think was great all game. Jim harb showed no class after the game complaining about the call, if anything jim navaros hold was way worst in the Atlanta game that should of given Atl a first down on the last drive. Poor sportsmanship. Great game Ravens you are the NFL CHAMPIONS lets enjoy this one before we repeat

I have to say we got the classy brother. Imagine if the 49ers would have won. John would be heaping praise on his brother and probably would have called his parents to tell them to go ahead and enjoy Jim's victory to put their mind at ease.
But Jim didnt win and is now pouting and whining and putting undo stress on his parents and family becuz he wallowing in self pity.
I'll take John anyday for our coach.

I've been living in Philly for the past two years and I couldn't be more proud of wearing my Ravens gear. I have pridefully wore it since I got here and disregard the hostile fans. I truly feel part of the Ravens organization. They listen, care, and has always been considerate of us Ravens fans. I am so appreciative how much love the players, coaches, and staff give and consistently remind us that they are playing their all for us. I truly feel the 'family bond' extends outside of the locker-room and share it with us for the ride. Thank you Ravens. Thanks for giving me inspiration, hope, and one heck of a season to remember for the rest of my life. See you for game 1 of the 2013 season, ready to chant The White Stripes- Seven Nation Army with my fellow family and friends at M&T!

Congratulations to San Francisco for experiencing the longest Monday in their cities history. Wish we could have been there, but our city's busy celebrating a Super Bowl victory! At least you can all enjoy those 49er's tattoos you got to remember this day!

One thing for sure. Joe Flacco played as well or better than any QB has ever played in the last four games. I've always been very critical of him when he's played bad. I wasn't alone, but as I said. As Joe goes, we go, and he now gets the free pass for life. His performance was as good as anything I've seen, and statistically, he was insane. Congrats to you Joe, cause you showed that you can carry this team, and you weathered all the critics, and got it done. It can not be stated enough how much Joe carried the offense, and he deserves whatever Steve pays him.

wow haven't seen so many 49ers fans say they got robbed how with 1st and goal at the 5 and you couldn't put it in the end zone so how is that dictated by one 4th down play! Wow one play change the whole game but 3 tires but one play yeah how bout bad pay calling by your Off cord. and Jimmy smith man i way i saw it he was not holding Crabtree, crabtree actually put his hands on jimmy first and this is in the rule book if the WR puts his hands on the DB all bets are off they have the right to play the ball too and what about crabtree pushing jimmy face mask so either way GO no call and great game Ravens! one more thing frank gore classless <profanity deleted> said the 49ers "were the best team out there" yeah right who you fooling but yourself frank gore and idk 28-6 was the best team out there yeah keep dreaming but were champs deal with it!

9ers fans will be salty about this for years to come. I say to heck with them.

I'm proud of our boys. In every phase of the game, they played with their hearts on their sleeves and never backed down. That's all we could ask. They did it for us; they did it for Ray; they did it for themselves; they did it because they could. Our Baltimore Ravens showed the nation that with grit and determination, anything is possible. Go Ravens! Superbowl Champions!

The thing that made this team special is that they played like a team all season. Some say it's this player or that player that made the difference. I know better. No player would be able to carry a team through an entire season, playoffs and superbowl. There may have been ups and downs and there may have been special plays that seemed to highlight one player or another but when you go back and study the play it was the team that made it happen. They never forgot that and look at the result. Very good team. We fans thank the team for the fun and excitement they gave us. Great job.

I just think about the fact that Jimmy Smith played on the inside and the 49ers were going for a fade rout play. The 49ers receiver engaged Jimmy Smith on his own in an attempt to push off of him but Jimmy Held his ground. Honestly, if this was the type of game where the refs were calling everything, I don't think Jimmy would have been as physical with the receiver. We also, as ravens, would have gotten more calls that would have put us in even a better position to win the game. Refs called almost nothing the entire game but I am cool with it as long as it goes both ways.

Jimmy got pushed to the ground, call one, gotta call em both....penalties off-set. Stupid argument anyway, the ball was uncatchable!

Let's be honest. If we lost, we would've complained about the lights until the end of time. Facts are facts. What I saw was a team dominating until they were delayed 34 minutes. I don't care how many people said they would've made a comeback. It just so happens that it's a giant coincidence their comeback is after a power outage. Come on! 49ers should have nothing to complain about after what we went through.

One of my best friends is a 49ers fan. He had no complaints, he said that it was a great game and that it could go down on the record books as one of the best games ever. Don't lump all of the 49ers fans together...

People are individuals and should be treated as such. Much like I don't knock the Eagles fans around me just because some of them are obnoxious. The mentality that people are only members of different groups is what is wrong with the world today. Individuals have rights, groups do not.

I didn't mean to group them all together I'm not saying all of them are like that. But just a lot of writers and a lot of fans have said that stuff... And I never said we wouldn't have complained but we wouldn't have complained as much as they did about that last play.