#1 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

McKinnie-Osemele-Birk-Yanda-Oher.

-Give props to these amazing group of guys.Flacco was sacked once in Superbowl vs. a dominant 9ers front seven.

Behind all that action, these guys made it all happen for us. I cannot thank them enough. Especially Birk for comming back after thinking about retirement & for Mckinnie to step up @ the MOST PIVOTAL time.

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,438 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

They played great this postseason!
Posted Image
Couldn't of done it without BMAC!:D
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

totally agreed. i say if we didint swith them all around, we probably wouldnt have won the superbowl. every single one them played great the entire postseason. major props!
Posted Image

#4 cookiedood

cookiedood

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

After listening to every radio talk show on XM, FM, and AM, I am absolutely astonished at the lack of respect given to the Ravens O line. After the Denver game, the callers blamed the Defense for taking the day off. Same thing after the Patriot game, and today it is the same old Rhetoric. Fans are finding fault with the 49ers defense, rather than give credit to the Ravens O line. Much has been said and written about John Harbaughs firing of Cameron and replacing him with Caldwell, but I contend that the best decision he ever made was to reshuffle the O line at the start of the playoffs. These guys kept Flacco upright, and provided time for him to find receivers, and they opened holes for the running attack. Congratulations to MCkinney, Osemele, Birk, Yanda, and Oher. You guys are truly the most valuable players of the playoofs and Superbowl.

#5 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Just re-affirms my belief we take a T in the first 2 rounds of the upcoming draft. Actually what I think we might do is trade down again, the 32nd pick doesn't hold much value when compared to a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. And we need to squeeze an extra player or two out of this draft.

#6 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Just re-affirms my belief we take a T in the first 2 rounds of the upcoming draft. Actually what I think we might do is trade down again, the 32nd pick doesn't hold much value when compared to a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. And we need to squeeze an extra player or two out of this draft.

Alot of major talent @ safety this year. Elam, Vaccaro..probably available in #32. Not sure we take tackle as 1st choice

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#7 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

He actually got sacked twice. Once when McKinnie just totally missed his assignment, and once when one of the rushers basically gave Oher a hug to get his hands on Joe.

#8 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,054 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

After Fisher, Johnson & Joeckel, I don't see another LT worthy of a 1st. I'd sooner take Faulk in the late 3rd. Or even Nixon. I think Castillo can help those guys really develop into a quality LT. Maybe take a RT, too. (Michael Oher). We have Reid, Oher, Cornell, & possibly a draft pick to be RT. We need a LT, too. McKinnie's a free agent and we all know Oher.

Who knows, though. Maybe Castillo can help Oher reach his potential.

#9 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Absolutely. McKinnie proved a lot of people wrong, myself included. Even if he wasn't a tremendous player, and overall I still thought he was solid during this run, at the very least his presence was valuable to the rest of the group.

#10 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I agree that we take a LT with our first pick after trading back. Also I'm excited about Gino G taking over if Birk retires.

#11 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

After Fisher, Johnson & Joeckel, I don't see another LT worthy of a 1st. I'd sooner take Faulk in the late 3rd. Or even Nixon. I think Castillo can help those guys really develop into a quality LT. Maybe take a RT, too. (Michael Oher). We have Reid, Oher, Cornell, & possibly a draft pick to be RT. We need a LT, too. McKinnie's a free agent and we all know Oher.

Who knows, though. Maybe Castillo can help Oher reach his potential.

I agree that we take a LT with our first pick after trading back. Also I'm excited about Gino G taking over if Birk retires.

The thing is, if we draft a LT(mostly likely would not trade up to get Joeckel #1 pick, that safe to say :-D?), he will need to develop. That basically means we will be forced to reshuffle again..putting Oher on LT until that rookie gets enough experience....

We have a #32 pick, I think we pick up a high talent player Elam, Vaccaro to replace Ed Reed...And groom a Nixon/Faulk like grim said on later rounds. Ideally, I want Mckinnie back. Maybe Mckinnie will be fine playing here for 2season w/ ~3m p.year paycheck, no?

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 04 February 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#12 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,054 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

The thing is, if we draft a LT(mostly likely would not trade up to get Joeckel #1 pick, that safe to say :-D?), he will need to develop. That basically means we will be forced to reshuffle again..putting Oher on LT until that rookie gets enough experience....

We have a #32 pick, i think we pick up a high talent player Elam, Vaccaro to relace Ed Reed...And groom a Nixon/Faulk like grim said on later rounds. But ideally, I want Mckinnie back. Maybe Mckinnie will be fine playing here for 2season w/ ~3m p.year paycheck, no?

I'd really like McKinnie back for no more than 2 years. I'm seriously concerned whether he can hold up an entire season. I'm not sure if he looked good because he rested the whole year or if he was just maturing. It could be having KO next to him. It would be nice for continuity to have the line the way it is with Gradkowski brought up to center and draft a LT in the 3rd or so to groom for a year or two behind McKinnie who is a good technician--just lazy.

#13 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'd really like McKinnie back for no more than 2 years. I'm seriously concerned whether he can hold up an entire season. I'm not sure if he looked good because he rested the whole year or if he was just maturing. It could be having KO next to him. It would be nice for continuity to have the line the way it is with Gradkowski brought up to center and draft a LT in the 3rd or so to groom for a year or two behind McKinnie who is a good technician--just lazy.

Whatever happened this postseason, that O-line formation is the best i've ever seen in Ravens history. We need to keep it going imo.

#14 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

no doubt, our O-line should get the same recognition and appreciation as Joe gets cuz they all go hand to hand...

thank you guys!!!

Joe/Caldwell/Oline are the champ!!!
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#15 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Whatever happened this postseason, that O-line formation is the best i've ever seen in Ravens history. We need to keep it going imo.

We've had better, in fact the 09 line we had was probably better.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#16 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

We've had better, in fact the 09 line we had was probably better.

Oh yeah..09' was preety good. But this is a line we can afford to keep and be very productive to stay as a SB contender next year. Why reshuffle everything again? :-/

#17 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Oh yeah..09' was preety good. But this is a line we can afford to keep and be very productive to stay as a SB contender next year. Why reshuffle everything again? :-/

McKinnie would be nice to keep. But we need to find another LT. And considering where we draft that's unlikely. We may need and off year with only 6 wins to get this kind of offensive production.

Officially.

#18 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

McKinnie would be nice to keep. But we need to find another LT. And considering where we draft that's unlikely. We may need and off year with only 6 wins to get this kind of offensive production.

Drafting to lose never works..just ask the jags, browns, or chiefs. It just takes the wind out of the players, and they lose their confidence. Winning organization finds ways to keep the roster going. This year is no different. Lets keep the momentum going! We got all the pieces for another superbowl. We just need to find ways to retain them.

#19 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Drafting to lose never works..just ask the jags, browns, or chiefs. It just takes the wind out of the players, and they lose their confidence. Winning organization finds ways to keep the roster going. This year is no different. Lets keep the momentum going! We got all the pieces for another superbowl. We just need to find ways to retain them.

There's a difference between under performing and having a legitimately bad team. For instance Aldon Smith was the 7th player taken in the draft. It's just REALLY hard to find an LT that can iso against aldon smith.

Officially.

#20 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

KO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Decastro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mike Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users