Photo

M&T Should get to host a Super Bowl after that NO debacle?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: M&T Should get to host a Super Bowl after that NO debacle? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Should M&T get to host a superbowl?

1. Voted Yes (29 votes [65.91%])

Percentage of vote: 65.91%

2. No (15 votes [34.09%])

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PlayLikeAFan

PlayLikeAFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

A power outage and delay like that should never happen on the biggest game of the year. That 34min. delay which happens almost right after a 30min. halftime show completely shifted the momentum of the game which should not happen in a game this big. It should be embarrassing to the NFL it ever happened and should open up discussions about other cities with NFL stadiums to get a shot at hosting a Superbowl. What do you think?

Edited by PlayLikeAFan, 04 February 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#2 marylandmike12

marylandmike12

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

We all know a troll voted for no (wasn't me)

#3 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I voted no. One, M and T has had power outages before.....stadiums pump electricians-only-know how much electricity and things happen. Two, it's an open stadium. I think Flacco kind of echoed the sentiments of all NFL players around the league; that is they don't want to play in a super cold region in an open stadium.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#4 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,104 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I also voted no. Too small and too cold.
10wmids.jpg

#5 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it won't happen -- downtown Baltimore wouldn't be able to accommodate everyone.

Posted Image

#6 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

It would be epic, but it's just not practical and won't happen.

Posted Image

#7 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Since future Super Bowls are already assigned for a few years in advance, who knows what the shape of the Ravens will be by then...

And my point is, there is only ONE way I would want to see a Super Bowl in Baltimore, and that's with the Ravens in it. I'd absolutely hate seeing another team using the Ravens bench, stadium, etc. If you could guarantee me the Ravens would be in that game, then fine.

Also... to all the people complaining about cold weather... SHUT UP! It's FOOTBALL. One of the best games this year, regular season OR playoffs... was RAVENS @ BRONCOS. That game was FREEZING. Who cares? I love going to Ravens games when it's cold and all the fans are a lot more happy because theyre too busy trying to stay warm instead of trying to start fights or be insanely drunk.

The officiating tends to be better, possibly because they let the game flow since the officials don't want to be stuck in a 4 hour game when it's freezing out?

Football is meant to be played outside, and there's no good justification for putting a ban on outdoor Super Bowls. Especailly when teams play the entire regular season in outdoor stadiums!

I really don't care if your half-time performer can't sing in the cold. If that's the case, save money and don't have someone sing! Easy solution. I don't care if all the million dollar celebrities on the sidelines don't want to stand in the cold because their jacket won't match their dress. Man up, people!

#8 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Also... to all the people complaining about cold weather... SHUT UP! It's FOOTBALL.

Bet you wouldn't say that to Joe Flacco's face.

Edited by NaveSenrag, 04 February 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#9 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I would love to see it. But we just don't have the infrastructure and hotels (ofcourse DC could handle the overflow) to accommodate the influx of people.

I think M&T could handle it.

Edited by PuRock, 04 February 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Posted Image

#10 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Bet you wouldn't say that to Joe Flacco's face.

I'm really amazed that Joe said that. The Ravens are built for cold weather and Joe plays great in it. I guess he sees the total fan/player experience that surrounds it and realizes how tough it would be in the cold.

I loved this Super Bowl in New Orleans. The city was great (besides the outage). I loved how the theme was purple.
Posted Image

#11 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm really amazed that Joe said that. The Ravens are built for cold weather and Joe plays great in it. I guess he sees the total fan/player experience that surrounds it and realizes how tough it would be in the cold.

I loved this Super Bowl in New Orleans. The city was great (besides the outage). I loved how the theme was purple.

There's a difference between being good at something and enjoying it. No sane person enjoys playing football in subfreezing temperatures, and as a fan I wouldn't even dream of going to an outdoor subfreezing Superbowl.

#12 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,817 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

There's a difference between being good at something and enjoying it. No sane person enjoys playing football in subfreezing temperatures, and as a fan I wouldn't even dream of going to an outdoor subfreezing Superbowl.

I would. But I am insane when it comes to enjoying the cold. Maybe it'll be easier (less costly) to get tickets.
Posted Image

#13 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I, at first voted yes, thinking it would be great for the city of Baltimore; the logistics of something like that would probably be a nightmare but perhaps worth the effort.

...and then I thought about the possibility of the stillers playing at the Bank for the Lombardi and I got physically ill.
"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#14 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I don't mean to be an anti homer, but I do not think that Baltimore can handle that type of event. Super Bowl is a zoo, DC might be able to. But no one wants to play at Fed Ex field. Even the redskins.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#15 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'd love to have a Super Bowl here. I just think it's terribly unrealistic.

I've summed this up before, but I don't like our streets for it. I think traffic would be a nightmare. Our public transport isn't anything as good as New York's, and our roads aren't as big as some of the southern states. We're very much in the middle. If we had subways or perhaps better public transport, yeah. But we don't. Our buses are already late. Traffic is already eh. With Washington so close and NOVA, I just think it could be a nightmare.

I'm not worried about hotels. We have a ton of hotels and the airport is close enough. Perhaps we would need a new stadium to do such a thing. I'm not saying M&T is bad--rather, I don't think it would be conducive to a Super Bowl, especially half-time with the concert. Not sure many musicians will want to be scantily clad in the low 10s or 20s. Sometimes it snows here in February--very unpredictable time. Last night it snowed, for example.

I also don't know if the elite would even like it. I mean, from a football perspective it's cool. From an entertainment & business perspective I don't see it good for business when the elements could work against you. If we add a dome, then yeah. I would only want the dome used for the Super Bowl. I like being dome-less.

#16 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Way too congested and too cold. It was difficult just to get NY a SB, imagine how hard it would be for us to get one.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#17 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Nope, that would be "stupid"

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I dont want all those people in my city...
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#19 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,770 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

no!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#20 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I don't think it'll ever happen, unless we get a larger stadium.
On the topic of cold-weather Super Bowls, I'm excited for next year. Football was meant to be played in the elements. I love a bad weather game, at any time of the year, and would love to see a Super Bowl played in the snow and wind. If you don't want weather to be a factor, force every team to build a dome stadium. Otherwise, don't change things from the regular season to the post season. And, it would be nice to not see the same five cities hosting the Super Bowl all the time, which would probably change if open stadiums were better accepted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users