Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

These are awards only for Ravens players

Feel free to make your own in this thread

Best Acquisition: Jacoby Jones/Corey Graham

Couldn't decide between the two. Jacoby was a huge playmaker, and Corey stepped up and took his game to the next level when we needed him to.

Rookie of the Year: Bernard Pierce -

Proved to be a VERY reliable change of pace and an excellent compliment to Rice. I believe this guy can be a top back in te future.

Most Improved: Paul Kruger -

Kruger finally broke out towards the end of the season. He was huge in making up for an injured Suggs.

Biggest Bust: Sergio Kindle -

This has been long in the making. His disappointing run with the Ravens finally ended this year.

Defensive Player of the Year: Danell Ellerbe -

D-El was huge all year. He made plays all over the field and really took his game to the next level.

Offensive Player of the Year: Anquan Boldin -

Boldin finally had a season to remember here in Baltimore. His performance in the playoffs was legendary.

MVP: Joe Flacco -

Must I say more?

Play of the Year:"Hey Diddle Diddle"

Simply put, without this play we probably don't win the super bowl.

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#2 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Totally agree that Jacoby was the best acquistion.

Kruger is defensive player of the year for me.

MVP and Most improved? It's a tied for MVP with Joe Flacco AND Bryant McKinnie. If we don't get McKinnie at LT and Oher at RT with KO at guard, I don't see Flacco breaking out and being the most improved player. I don't see us winning the super bowl.

Great move getting McKinnie in there and Flacco looked great with that new line.

Rookie of the year for me is Justin Tucker.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#3 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm with ya' in all but two;

Tuck has got to be rookie of the year. Pierce performed at a high level, but Justin had much more of an impact on the season.

Play of the Year? Hands down, the F Bomb!

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#4 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Totally agree that Jacoby was the best acquistion.

Kruger is defensive player of the year for me.

MVP and Most improved? It's a tied for MVP with Joe Flacco AND Bryant McKinnie. If we don't get McKinnie at LT and Oher at RT with KO at guard, I don't see Flacco breaking out and being the most improved player. I don't see us winning the super bowl.

Great move getting McKinnie in there and Flacco looked great with that new line.

Rookie of the year for me is Justin Tucker.

Yeah I can definitely see that.

And yeah Justin Tucker is a great choice for ROTY, didn't think of that

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#5 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Agree with most.... I'd say JaKOBE ;) wins best acquisition.

Ray Rice = offensive player of the year.

Most improved: Ellerbe.

DPOY: Kruger.

Flacco = MVP

Rookie of the year: Benard Pierce/Justin Tucker. Both played great this season! I really can't honestly put one over the other. Pierce was more impressive, but Tucker made game winners and his leg is a weapon!!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Also, biggest surprise goes to Arthur Jones.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,368 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

KO is my ROTY. 16 starts and he was a consistent positive on that line imo

Most improved for me would be Ellerbe or Art Jones. They were not as good as they are now 1-2 years ago.

Agree with the others.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#8 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hold up, wait a minute. Let me get some Smoke up in it!

Best Acquisition: Jacoby Jones/Corey Graham

I Just have to give this to Jacoby, and I'm glad our team rallied around him in the Denver game and kept his confidence up instead of giving up on him the way the Texans did. Because he was huge for us in New Orleans!

Rookie of the Year: Justin Tucker -

Though i do love the way Pierce runs, I believe Tucker has a bigger role for us this year. And he made every kick that he was supposed to make in my opinion... Didn't he go 30/33 or something like that?

Most Improved: Bryant Mckinnie -

I think Kruger played ok, a little of it was overblown because when he was focused in the playoffs he didn't get there as much. I give this to Mckinnie because he did absolutely everything we needed him to do and he single handedly cured our offensive line. I'm glad to see our FO's faith in him pay off.

Biggest Bust: Jamel McClain

IDK if I am being harsh here, but he was getting man handled when he was out there this year. I didn't see the same player that was out there last year.

Defensive Player of the Year: Ed Reed -

I feel as though Ed was the most consistent player on our defense this year. His role has changed, he played the traditional free safety position instead of being the ball hawk that we knew him to be. But i feel as though the role Dean Pees put him in will lengthen his career, and he can also play it to near perfection. If Reed isn't back there our secondary (especially Pollard) would have been completely exposed.

Offensive Player of the Year: Anquan Boldin

Q was by far the most consistent and reliable offensive player on this team. If it hits his hands it is almost always caught, his strong hands helped Flacco reach the next level.

MVP: Joe Flacco -

Smokin Joe Flacco was lights out since week 15. And his accuracey in the Super Bowl was insane. We need to put a dome over M&T Bank stadium if it makes that much of a difference for him lol.

Play of the Year: Jacoby bomb (at Denver)

Call this play what you want, but this was the game for a Super Bowl birth in reality. If we don't get that incredible play Denver rolls over New England and plays in the Super Bowl.

z66oxxi.jpg

#9 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Best surprise - Bernard Pierce.

Best decision - tied: firing Cam, signing Tucker over Cundiff
Worst decision - hard to pick. Probably starting the year out with Deonte at KR instead of Jacoby.

Best rookie - KO! Really hard to decide that though. The top 3 have been excellent and the rest look promising
Best play from a vet of 10+ years - Matt Birk
Best player (MVP) - Flacco

DPOY - Dannell Ellerbe
OPOY - Marshall Yanda
We lost every game these guys missed. Little did we know that losing them at the same time would be devastating.

Best tag team, defense - Jones and Kruger. How many sacks did they account for this second half of the season?
Best tag team, offense - Flacco to Boldin. Unstoppable.

#10 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

KO is my ROTY. 16 starts and he was a consistent positive on that line imo

100% agree. I think Bernard Pierce is going to blow some people away in the next two seasons, and Tucker looks like a guy we can count on for years to come. But, Pierce wasn't used enough, and as good as Tucker was for us, KO was an awesome draft choice. Starting the year right away at right tackle threw him into the fire. He had some good moments and some bad moments, but definitely got better as the year progressed, and he's really shined as the starting left guard. Offensive linemen don't get the love that other positions get, but he had the biggest impact on the season, hands down.

Posted Image

#11 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,502 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Most improved for me has to be T. smith. His hands were sexy this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users