Photo

Your Post-Season Highlight

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Your post-season highlight (15 member(s) have cast votes)

What was your post-season highlight?

1. Ray's last game at M&T (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. The unprobable win in Denver (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

3. Gaining revenge over the Patriots in their own back yard (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. Winning the Superbowl (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Corvus_corax

Corvus_corax

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think it would be fair to say that this post-season has been a spectacular one for Ravens fans. I doubt there has ever been a gutsier post-season run by any team than the one we have just witnessed the Ravens pull off. Each week has brought a new storyline and the football itself has been exhilerating to watch.

Let's have a quick recap of an unforgettable Superbowl run..............

v Indianapolis
#52's final bow at M&T. This game became a momentous occasion the moment Ray Lewis announced his retirment. Everyone wanted to see The Squirrel one last time and to see Ray's home career end with a win. His pre-game entrance and his on field dance after the final snap will live long in the memory.

@ Denver
This was the game where it was all supposed to end. Playing on the road, at altitude and against Peyton Manning - the Ravens couldn't win. Or could they? You bet they could! Joe Flacco came out throwing bombs and produced his finest post season performance to date. The game tying bomb to Jacoby Jones in the dying seconds will go down in Ravens folklore. The sight of Ray Lewis weeping on the sideline at the end showed the mixture of elation and disbelief that all of Ravens Nation felt that night.

@ New England
The rematch! We had to endure numerous replays of Lee Evans dropped pass and Billy Cundiff's missed FG in the run up to this game. Harrowing memories for any Ravens fan. Once again the Ravens were written off and the Patriots Superbowl berth was all but guaranteed.

The only problem is nobody gave the Ravens the script. We went into Foxboro and, after a sluggish first half performance by the offense, we manhandled the Patriots. Joe Flacco came out after HT and took his game to an even higher level than he had in Denver the week before.

The Superbowl - vs San Francisco
The big one. Super Sunday. Winner takes all. Everybody remembers the Superbowl as it's when the Lombardi Trophy is up for grabs.

Written off again by the experts(do they ever learn?) we laid an almighty beat down on the 49ers until an unprecedented mid-game power cut. After the power cut we lost our focus and the 49ers came roaring back. In the end we held on and the Lombardi was ours. We sent Ray out right!!

So...................what was your post season highlight?

Was it Ray's final stand at home? The unprobable win in Denver?? Gaining revenge over the Patriots in their own back yard??? Or was it lifting the Lombardi in Nawlins????

Some people may find this strange but, for me the highlight of this post-season was the win in Denver. If I'm being honest with myself, I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we were going to lose that game and that it would be the last time I would ever see Ray Lewis on a football field(Ray's post game reaction suggested to me that he perhaps thought the same!). So when we actually won that game I was absolutely ecstatic! I was literally shaking with the amount of adrenalin coursing through my body during the final drive in regulation and the OT period. It took me the rest of the weekend to come down from the high of that win. I couldn't even watch any of the other Divisional match-ups as they were all such an anti-climax after the incredible high of watching our game. I can honestly say I have never felt so involved in an NFL game as I did that night. Not even last night's Superbowl win could top it.

#2 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I have never wittnessed a game like the one against Denver. The odds were WAY against us to win that game. Peyton Manning had an MVP regular season (that MVPeterson stole) and had the upperhand on us going into that game. We had to play in one of the worst stadiums to play in where some players endure sickness just from being there, in the harshest possible blistering cold weather, and of coarse it was Peyton's home turf. Denver's defense was amongst the top 5 in the league and they knew how to beat us from playing us earlier in the season.

It was Joe Flacco's emergence that was the best part. The fact that we put the game in his hands and he manufactured all that production under all those circumstances. He went toe to toe with a far superior athlete and took home the win. He made clutch throw after clutch throw and that buzzer beating 70 yard hail mary to Jacoby Jones to tie up the game. The fact that our team never let up. Our defense played strong for over 80 snaps and 5 1/2 quarters of football in that frozen stadium and held Manning back. It finally made people a believer in Joe Flacco, although he still gets criticized. We did the unthinkable and carried that momentum all the way to last night and won it all. I will never forget that Denver game, epic.

Edited by Purple_ICE 81, 04 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#3 Corvus_corax

Corvus_corax

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

We did the unthinkable and carried that momentum all the way to last night and won it all. I will never forget that Denver game, epic.

That's exactly how I feel too. Last night's Superbowl win was born in the thin air of Mile HIgh Stadium. I don't think that the Ravens had even considered the possibility of winning the Superbowl before they went into Denver. But I reckon they thought they had a shot by the time they were on the plane back to Baltimore.

That game against Denver changed everything.

#4 JimJ

JimJ

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

That's exactly how I feel too. Last night's Superbowl win was born in the thin air of Mile HIgh Stadium. I don't think that the Ravens had even considered the possibility of winning the Superbowl before they went into Denver. But I reckon they thought they had a shot by the time they were on the plane back to Baltimore.

That game against Denver changed everything.

Absolutely right. I'll admit, I had very little hope that we would beat Denver. Maybe it makes me a bad fan, but I really expected us to lose. I was very relaxed for the majority of the game, because I refused to get my hopes up, though I was glad they were keeping it close at least. It wasn't until Flacco's bomb at the end of regulation that I really started to believe. Then, after we won that game, I had absolute faith that we could win it all.

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,013 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

The Denver Divisional Playoff game was one of the greatest football games I have ever seen.

#6 gilgamesh

gilgamesh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

The Denver game was literally ripping victory from the jaws of defeat, in the most spectacular of fashion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users