56 replies to this topic

#41 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm so happy for Ray and this team. Thank you for your dedication, hard work, determination, leadership, and straight up baillin' for the last 17 years. You have accomplished what you set out to accomplish. You are the GOAT of Middle Linebackers. And you walk away on top. Couldn't have scripted this any better. Although Goodell thought he could with a comeback.

#42 partmachine

partmachine

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ray - You are a hero to me and will be to my son and then my son's son.

#43 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

We had the hardest path to the Super Bowl, and Ray knew what he was doing when he announced his retirement. This game was won by the better team despite the whining 49er fans. This wasn't a pittsburgh type game smeared with questionable calls, and horrific officiating. This was earned, and led by Flacco who played out of his mind. Make no mistake, we beat the best teams to get there, and beat a very tough team for the hardware. Ray turned over the keys to Flacco, and he responded....Congrats to the most deserving team that has been so close for four years. Mission accomplished!!!

#44 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

What a way to retire after 17 years in the NFL,gives me chills,oh!by the way i will be at the parade.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 02:30 AM.
Caps

#45 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I salute Ray Lewis for his many years of record setting defensive play. I wish him well in his future endeavors. And I want to say I don't believe his leaving will affect this team in a negative way. There are many stellar players on this team and I believe the future is bright. This organization has a way of getting good players and bringing out their best. It's all about the team.

#46 JayB

JayB

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Maaaan were gonna seriously miss that guy....you gave us alot of memories Ray.

#47 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

52 comments!!!!But im #53 so just messed it up....

#48 BoominRaven

BoominRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

the fact that he's done hasn't set in yet... still too excited about the championship. love you sugah ray

#49 kbman

kbman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

At the bar where I watched the game they gave out raffle ticket stubs for various giveaways. I felt quite honored as the last two digits on my stub were 52. I didn't even pay attention to whether I won any of the door prizes, the ticket stub makes a better keepsake.

#50 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

It's amazing to see The Baltimore Ravens World Champs they earned that title So give them the Respect they deserved

#51 IBleedPurple#52

IBleedPurple#52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Such a cinderella story! Well done #52! Also really happy to see players like sizzle, reed and rice win the Lombardi! Very well deserved! What a way to silence the critics!

#52 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I have read close to a dozen articles in the last 28hour on Rays last ride and outstanding career. It's a shame that not one of these so called sports writers couldn't write an article on Ray's 17 year career without bringing up the Atlanta charges or this BS story from SI that has already been detemined to be a publicity stund by the owners of the product. They should all be ashamed!

Ray, thank you for 17 fantastic years and two Superbowl Championships. The leadership you have shown as a RAVEN will always be a part of this teams history. Your journey to the HOF is well deserved as one of the greatest players to ever take the field.

Congradulations RAVENS, your the GREATEST!

#53 JMartinRN

JMartinRN

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Congratulations Ray! Going back to Miami for the next generation of Greatness! Good Luck and God Bless!

#54 Klav

Klav

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

@caw710 These so called reporters (as I call them opinion writers) have more access than we do and cannot report the truth of the matter that the 2 other men who were actually being charged with the murders were acquitted on self defense.
But, the nay sayers all chime in, they never found the suit which must have been soaked in the blood of the two victims! Witness testimony proved that the group that contained the two slain men confronted Lewis and his smaller group and struck one of the defendants with a champagne bottle, which in turn started the melee and shots were fired at the fleeing limo.
Maybe I'm in the wrong business or maybe the media doesn't report facts anymore.

#55 ravenrival

ravenrival

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thank you Ray Lewis for giving all you had to give to so many for so long. You live in our hearts forever. God Bless and keep you and yours, Raven rival from Pittsburgh Pa.

#56 Bruce

Bruce

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

If they don't make a movie out of this I'd be shocked. You can't write a Hollywood script this good.

#57 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

Ray Lewis you are a living legend and a great icon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users