Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BR News

[News] Ray Lewis Goes Out On Top

57 posts in this topic

On behalf of all the fans.

Thank you Ray, for all the memories and the inspiration. You've gone out on top. You are the best to have ever played this game. Congrats, and best wishes to you.

We will miss you!

It's gonna be tough to watch the team come out of the tunnel next year without 52, but what other way for it to end then how it did? I couldn't be happier for Ray. No matter what people will always talk about him, but stats don't lie, and neither do rings.

THANK YOU, SUGAR,... for helping Art Modell restor a hear-broken city's football pride!

For taking hold of the leadership reins in 1999 and never letting go until yesterday!

Yes, we will miss you, will never forget you, but you've set the bar for those who follow and we're the mad-bad, ball so hard, smash mouth Ravens - your lasting legacy!

There has never be another MLB better then Ray Lewis. There will never be another player to wear #52 in Baltimore. There will never be a better leader in all of sports. Nevermore, will there be another Ray Lewis. Not even close. G.O.A.T.

1. We lost the most heart breaking game in the Ravens history to the Patriots last year to end the season.

2. Sizzle tears is Achillies

3. Lewis and Webb pronounced "out for the year" with injuries

4. Ravens lose 3 of 4. Get smoked by Denver. (Flacco throws his pick 6 returned 99 yards for a TD as he lays face down trying to chase the DB down)- Note, That was the last interception of Flacco's season.

5. Raven paste the Giants to win the division

6. Ray announces his retirement. "This will be his last ride"

7. The last dance is done at M & T Bank as the Ravens top the Colts

8. Rays upset the "Machine" Peyton Manning whom we have not beat in 9 years on a double OT victory made possible by a last minute 70 yard mile high miracle

9. Ravens get revenge on the Patriots at 9.5 poin under dogs

10. Ravens make a goal line 1st and goal stand to win the Super Bowl

Who could have ever made this up. What a story book season.

P.S.- I forgive you Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff

Man this ending to His Career could not have been more Perfect ,its almost something out of a Movie,Rocky comes to mind Fight and keep getting up ,thats what Ray lewis stood for ,for him and his teammates Alike ,only thing missing was a Hey yo Adrian i did this for you lol ,But it was pretty close He said he Baltimore we did this for you :) Best MLB ever and 2 things hey Cleveland by the way we won this for Art also lol and i wonder how much Vegas lost this year on us in total ,Never doubt a team with Heart ever and the Ravens Hearts are Pretty darn Big.

I will always treasure my #52 jersey...and regardless of the haters out there spewing misinformation, I will consider it an honor to have been, be and always will be a fan of the Baltimore Ravens and to Ray Lewis...thank you for all you do and what you give back to the people of Baltimore and the State of Maryland. You are an inspiration to more people than you'll ever know. Vaya con dios, brother...I know that's how you roll.

And that is how we get it done the right way in Baltimore!! Way to go Ravens! Thank you Ray for all that you do! We are going to miss you!

There is no other way to give back to the man who, for 17 years, has poured his heart and soul into a team, a city, and a mentality. Thank you Ray, for everything.

52! Man.. Ray Lewis!! Thank you ravens for everything for letting the king take a rest in his throne, Absolutely amazing the way Ray is ending his career, no better feelings this was our year, this is what big teams are made of! True Raven! baby Ravens All Day... i have so much to say, but we all do just... Wow This is amazing!, God is amazing!

Edited by Grapple Raven
Too many caps

We've got another leader and Raven for life that we need get ready to send out like this as well.....Reed!!!! Hope you stay in Baltimore so your true fans can show you how much we appreciate what you mean to us!!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven
Too many caps

1. We lost the most heart breaking game in the Ravens history to the Patriots last year to end the season.

2. Sizzle tears is Achillies

3. Lewis and Webb pronounced "out for the year" with injuries

4. Ravens lose 3 of 4. Get smoked by Denver. (Flacco throws his pick 6 returned 99 yards for a TD as he lays face down trying to chase the DB down)- Note, That was the last interception of Flacco's season.

5. Raven paste the Giants to win the division

6. Ray announces his retirement. "This will be his last ride"

7. The last dance is done at M & T Bank as the Ravens top the Colts

8. Rays upset the "Machine" Peyton Manning whom we have not beat in 9 years on a double OT victory made possible by a last minute 70 yard mile high miracle

9. Ravens get revenge on the Patriots at 9.5 poin under dogs

10. Ravens make a goal line 1st and goal stand to win the Super Bowl

Who could have ever made this up. What a story book season.

P.S.- I forgive you Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff

Only one additonal thing would have made this season better - Art getting in the HOF. Hope it happens next year!

We can't thank this man enough for the dedication he gave to Baltimore. Congratulations to all the team for the that awesome season, and the Super Bowl ring. Y'all deserve it!

We are very fortunate even lucky to have had a player like Ray Lewis playing for and representing our city. You did it ray! Not only did he go out the way he wanted to but what's even more special is how we did it. The #52 must be retired nobody will could ever walk in his shoes. We love you Ray thanks for everything!!!! You will always be thee Raven!

The Ray Lewis & Ravens story is the greatest football story ever. I just hope that someone does it justice with a book.

52 Forever !!!

P.S. Congratulations to all fellow Ravens fans !!!!!! What a ride it's been !!!!!

General Suga Mufasa

To God be the Glory for blessing us with your leadership, your relentless pursuit of excellence, your example, your encouragement, your toughness, your determination, your humility, your wisdom, your dedication to the community, your loyalty to the team, play on the field of battle and all the other attributes I can’t think of to articulate. It has been a pleasure to witness your career and an honor that it began and ended with the Baltimore Ravens. It is only fitting that you end your football career with a Super Bowl Championship. You are more than deserving of all of the accolades, awards and praise you have received and will receive. Best of Success in all of your future endeavors and to your family and especially your kids.

BMoreRelentless

Edited by Grapple Raven
Caps

No matter what anybody ever says, nobody can ever take this away from them. World Champs. Despite all odds. The greatest ending ever for the greatest there ever was.

My favorite moment was when that confetti exploded and the look on Ray Ray's face was "Priceless"!123 Wooooooooooooo!

I said 2 days ago that this game would in the end be decided by a rookies boot,and so it proved.Not hearing too much about Justin Tucker,but his two field goals were ice cool,right down the middle.Great to have someone like him to depend on.

Oooohhhhhh the pain Jim "hello super wealthy top 2% golf friends" Nantz must have felt having to be there to watch the Ravens celebrate. I laugh and point out with ridicule the media of which Nantz is a part, that despise Lewis and things, Ravens, that are associated with him. He and a number, ESPN, of media outlets don't want to see people of Ray's "ilk" to have success. It doesn't paint the Rockwell image that suits them so they despise "it." They promote Tebow and his "image" while ridiculing and hating those that don't care or try to aspire to the Tebow version of "it" that they prefer and have a bias over. They are the rule and the power base not the exception so now Nantz will have to go back to rooting for Phil "exxon Phil" Mickelson and supporting "it." Thanks for so many other reasons-like Skip Worthless.

"Imagine if we do the impossible" -- Ray Lewis (after the Denver game)

After 2 consecutive years of ending the season with the kind of heartbreaking losses that cause writers to create polls, asking "was this the most devastating loss in team history", it is nice to have a playoff run where we ask, "was this the sweetest championship in Baltimore history".

I witnessed the 70 WS, 70 SB, 83 WS, 2000 SB, so I am going to say it is the sweetest in my lifetime. I think only the 58 championship could rival it.

Ray.. the best leader in sports history. If not for Ray, this team wouldn't have handled last year AFC Champ loss better..

Cant wait to hear his locker room speech after the win and SoundFx for the goal line stand.

man finally, iv'e waited 12 years for this moment.. i was only 5 when we won super bowl 35... i became a ravens fan in 05 when i started playing football.. i remember sitting on my couch just flipping channels and stop in nbc when the ravens were playing the colts... we lost that game but i became a fan ever since that game... i liked the stadium.. the colors.. the fans.. i kept wondering why they kept talking about #52 and #20 lol.. ever since that time my heart has been broken with the 06 playoff lost to the colts.. then 08 to the steelers and last year to the pats... but if you think what this team has gone through this season youll be like wow thats amazing.. the death of Art and torrey's smith brother... all the injuries.. terrell suggs Achilles injury... ray lewis triceps... webb's torn ACL.. the 3 game losing streak (i hated that we lost at home vs the steelers without ben).. firing cam cameron after the redskins game... Ray lewis last home game and last

dance.... the mile high miracle.. getting sweet revenge on the pats.. and then finally winning that lombardi. i hope to get drafted by the ravens in a few years that would be a dream come true!

Some of the Ravens defensive teams were awesome during Rays career. Too bad we struggled for so many years trying to find a QB.

Been floating on air for the last many hours. Thanks, Ravens....what a night....never saw anything quite like it....told my offspring that they just witnessed a once-in-a-lifetime football season.....unbelievable....

Gotta admit that the entire experience....from the struggles during the season, to the incredible post-season, to all the vitriol and bias levied against the Ravens by talking-heads and writers made the whole thing a bit surreal at times....

Funny how much venom was spewed out, and how it ramped up as a function of how successful the Ravens became in the last several weeks....the last desperate gasps of the Ravens-haters.....I'm guessing Skippy B. is probably afraid to interview Sizzle at this point...

Ravens Nation deserves nothing but happiness.....when I hear the terrible things said from the TV Sports guys, to the general media, to the adversary fans on the countless blog sites, it confirms for me that Ravens Nation not only has the best fans in the business, but easily many of the best human beings too.....

And after all that heavy stuff said, I can only ask one more deadly serious question: Was that Chykie Brown who was making a confetti-angel on the field after the game last night?

Let me be the first to say, it ain't everyday that you get to see a confetti-angel....

Can't wait for next season.....will be taking the purple collar off my black lab here in a couple of weeks and putting the orange one on her.....

Thanks #52...

There will never be another Superbowl as sweet as this one. Wow !

My football life is complete and everything after is icing on the cake.

I'm so happy for Ray and this team. Thank you for your dedication, hard work, determination, leadership, and straight up baillin' for the last 17 years. You have accomplished what you set out to accomplish. You are the GOAT of Middle Linebackers. And you walk away on top. Couldn't have scripted this any better. Although Goodell thought he could with a comeback.

We had the hardest path to the Super Bowl, and Ray knew what he was doing when he announced his retirement. This game was won by the better team despite the whining 49er fans. This wasn't a pittsburgh type game smeared with questionable calls, and horrific officiating. This was earned, and led by Flacco who played out of his mind. Make no mistake, we beat the best teams to get there, and beat a very tough team for the hardware. Ray turned over the keys to Flacco, and he responded....Congrats to the most deserving team that has been so close for four years. Mission accomplished!!!

What a way to retire after 17 years in the NFL,gives me chills,oh!by the way i will be at the parade.

Edited by Grapple Raven
Caps

I salute Ray Lewis for his many years of record setting defensive play. I wish him well in his future endeavors. And I want to say I don't believe his leaving will affect this team in a negative way. There are many stellar players on this team and I believe the future is bright. This organization has a way of getting good players and bringing out their best. It's all about the team.

Maaaan were gonna seriously miss that guy....you gave us alot of memories Ray.

the fact that he's done hasn't set in yet... still too excited about the championship. love you sugah ray

At the bar where I watched the game they gave out raffle ticket stubs for various giveaways. I felt quite honored as the last two digits on my stub were 52. I didn't even pay attention to whether I won any of the door prizes, the ticket stub makes a better keepsake.

It's amazing to see The Baltimore Ravens World Champs they earned that title So give them the Respect they deserved