62 replies to this topic

#1 irishman178

irishman178

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

So I am getting a superbowl jersey, I just don't know who to get, heres what I limited it to

Flacco- Pro: MVP, will be there for the future/Con: Everyone and their mother will have one

Torrey Smith- Pro/Cons similar to Flaccos

Jacoby Jones: Pro should have been MVP, dynamic player/ con: not sure how long he will be there

Reed: Pro favorite defensive player i dont have a jersey/ con 90% sure he wont get resigned

Justin Tucker: Pro no one will have one, looks like a solid kicker for the future/ con could be 1 yr wonder (I really hope not)

Bernard Pollard: Pro really defines Ravens Football/ Con will get ridiculed by patriot fans forver (not a huge con)

KO Pro think hes a great player/will be around/ con will most likely have to get a custom jersey

Suggs Pro fan favorite, can be a huge factor going forward/ con will he bounce back, or be around for another 2-3 years

I really like having a jersey thats relevant for a couple seasons, cause its a big investment (for a college student) but also realize its more of a historical thing as well

Any thoughts would be appreciated

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

It's that dang Flacco, he's so hot right now.

Seriously, his jersey will be like Ray Lewis' next season. Yes it'll be everywhere, but he's the franchise.

#3 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Buy all 53 players' jerseys. Even the ones who might leave.

Why? Listen to NIKE -- JUST DO IT.

Posted Image

#4 adam5220

adam5220

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

52. Thats the jersey you need. Then Ray Lewis will be with you as you cheer for the team in the future. He was always and will always be just a Raven.

It all makes sense why he retired now. He must have known about the upcoming vacancy in Rome.

Ray Lewis for pope!

He would be a great pope!

#5 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

So I am getting a superbowl jersey, I just don't know who to get, heres what I limited it to

Flacco- Pro: MVP, will be there for the future/Con: Everyone and their mother will have one

Jacoby Jones: Pro should have been MVP, dynamic player/ con: not sure how long he will be there

Reed: Pro favorite defensive player i dont have a jersey/ con 90% sure he wont get resigned

Justin Tucker: Pro no one will have one, looks like a solid kicker for the future/ con could be 1 yr wonder (I really hope not)

Bernard Pollard: Pro really defines Ravens Football/ Con will get ridiculed by patriot fans forver (not a huge con)

KO Pro think hes a great player/will be around/ con will most likely have to get a custom jersey

Suggs Pro fan favorite, can be a huge factor going forward/ con will he bounce back, or be around for another 2-3 years

I really like having a jersey thats relevant for a couple seasons, cause its a big investment (for a college student) but also realize its more of a historical thing as well

Do you over think everything like this?!? :P

52 all day. It's a classic. ;)

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#6 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I just bought a Super Bowl Ray Lewis a week ago. Next one i get is either Jacoby, Suggs, or Boldin. I suggest Lewis, simply because its a classic, and always will be. If you don't wanna go the "legend" route (for whatever reason, lol), get Flacco.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#7 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,988 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Best part is, NFL Shop just lowered the cost of all Super Bowl jerseys down to $79.99.

#8 poescrows

poescrows

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Wifes fav for the past 15 years was RayRay, so she already had his jersey in all 3 colors, plus one we had signed and framed. Same goes for my fav, Heap. Since he got cut, I picked up a white Smith, purple Ngata and black Rice. (We wear what ever color they wear each week) As for SB jersey, I got her a 52 for obvious reasons. She will wear it on non game days though (she is in the air as to who will be her new fav for game day wear) My SB jersey pick was Flacco, also for obvious reasons.
Hey Steeler fans......we now have 2 rings. One for each middle finger! TADA GAN IARRACHT

#9 Jitamon

Jitamon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I want a Tucker jersey and Pierce too. I have all the rest:)

#10 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Flacco.
He is our new leader.
If you think Flacco jerseys are going to be everywhere, try Ray Lewis 10 years ago. lmao

#11 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Colts #19 Unitas. Can't go wrong with that one.

bJNF689.jpg

#12 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Torrey Smith! Do it for him and how he played his heart out in that Patriots game

#13 reediddy

reediddy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

J Tuck or Pollard. J Tuck is such a boss. Such a boss

410 to 858

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2012-13

63W + 11TD + 0INT + 1SB + 1SBMVP = ELITE

#14 bigdogtim_7

bigdogtim_7

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I have never owned a Jersey for any player of any sport. However, knowing that Ray Lewis has been a shining light and an example to all his whole career after his problems with the murder trial, I thought that this was one Man that I like as a role model in Sports & would proudly wear his name on my back. So, I asked for the Elite On Field Size 52 Alternate Black Jersey for Christmas & had no idea how hard it is to get the real thing.

There is more regarding why you should get your hands on Ravens #52 Nike Jersey & that is because he wears this brand for only 1 year, thus a Collectors item.

Somehow my Son was able to get me an irregular Elite size 52 (Ironic that the XXL size on the Elite Jerseys are Ray's) & I was overjoyed at Christmas because the Jersey I received was the Black Alternate Jersey & had 1 inside care tag missing.

I went into Nightmare Graphics in Columbia a few times to purchase their Ray Lewis Farewell Jersey & the Balt TV News promoted the 10,000 run of the Haloti Ngata Shirt with all the star players and signatures that I had to have & the receptionist told me that I shouldn't even be wearing that Jersey, but should have it framed due to its significance & rarity, as a collectors item.

Well, that was too late, so I asked my Son if he could get me a Superbowl Ray Lewis Jersey, which will be worth far more than the NFL.com $249.99, I believe, as some prices are higher than others. The only problem is that NFL.com shop only has the Purple Elite Jersey in size 60 & this isn't the Superbowl Jersey, as I could only find the cheap ones with S, M ,L etc...

Anyway, I am still waiting & haven't got it yet, so this must be hard to come by.

#15 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I just got a Webb jersey, I am hoping he bounces back to the shutdown ballhawking CB he was before the injury.

Pros: Plays like a Raven and has no more knees left to rebuild.

Cons: I have faith that they will be none!

It was a hard choice between him and:
1. Boldin (my favorite player on offense) but thought he could possibly retire soon
2. Pollard because I like the Bonecrusher's confident "take no guff, cut no slack" swagger!

#16 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

It was a hard choice between him and:
1. Boldin (my favorite player on offense) but thought he could possibly retire soon
2. Pollard because I like the Bonecrusher's confident "take no guff, cut no slack" swagger!

Well there are two options gone if you want a current player.. :(

I have a Flacco, and my favorite #52, but I'm thinking Torrey Smith for my next one, or Webb (loved the knee comment cobrajet! :D ). I really like them both.

#17 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Well there are two options gone if you want a current player.. :(

I have a Flacco, and my favorite #52, but I'm thinking Torrey Smith for my next one, or Webb (loved the knee comment cobrajet! :D ). I really like them both.

Yes, I lucked out so far because Webb is still around, but I think I just learned a valuable lesson - it will be personalized jerseys from here on out :)

#18 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

My next two jerseys will be Joe Flacco's Super Bowl Jersey and Torrey Smith's Super Bowl Jersey. I always wanted to get my dad an Ed Reed Jersey but I guess I am glad I didn't considering he may be leaving.

#19 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Best part is, NFL Shop just lowered the cost of all Super Bowl jerseys down to $79.99.

Now NFL Shop has lowered their Super Bowl Jerseys to $69.97.

#20 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Good deals on Boldin and Pollard jerseys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users