111 replies to this topic

#1 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

i'm curious to see what my flock brothers/sisters think about that "mysterious" power outage that happened right after our boys went up 28-6. Beyonce had a whole lot of electrical stuff going on in her show and no power outage then. hmmm. so what are your views on this? could "the fix" have possibly been on? lol!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 04 February 2013 - 08:55 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#2 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

i thought it was deliberate and it certainly had an effect we were going for the kill then wham really ? i'm not a consipracy theorist but no storms in the area , no issues at the stadium prior c'mon man is all i have to say

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#3 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I buy this one. We were up 28-6. Just got a KRTD. Just sacked Kaerpernick. It's 3rd and 13. It's the Superbowl in the Superdome. And the lights mysteriously go out right after a sack? Even more, the surge was reported to be from somewhere on the 49ers sideline. There's something fishy about it!

who cares though?! We won the freaking Superbowl!!!!!! :SPINgigem:

#4 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Definitely. Too much power coming into the Dome? That was their excuse.

Seriously, I think we all know unless they catch some 49er fan having sabotaged something, it was just one of those things. It did tick me off though because it stole all of our momentum.

I don't see any pre-2000 stadium having an easy time getting a SB now though.

Edit: Having just read The Raven's response...it came from the 49er sideline? Really? I had not heard that part. Hmmmm.....

Edited by ravensdfan, 04 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,523 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

There was no fix. This is just another notch in the team of destiny. The game needed to be close to have the D make a goalline stand, have Joe make plays in the 4th, and showcase our coaching at the end. This was a work of random eeriness.

Just another mystery in the Ravens storybook run.

Edited by PuRock, 04 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

#6 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Definitely. Too much power coming into the Dome? That was their excuse.

Seriously, I think we all know unless they catch some 49er fan having sabotaged something, it was just one of those things. It did tick me off though because it stole all of our momentum.

I don't see any pre-2000 stadium having an easy time getting a SB now though.

Edit: Having just read The Raven's response...it came from the 49er sideline? Really? I had not heard that part. Hmmmm.....

That's what I heard the commentators say!

There was no fix. This is just another notch in the team of destiny. The game needed to be close to have the D make a goalline stand, have Joe make plays in the 4th, and showcase our coaching at the end. This was a work of random eeriness.

Just another mystery in the Ravens storybook run.

Haha, love it. I loved that goal line stand. Ray wouldn't have wanted to go out any other way. PERFECT end to his career. First down, I was nervous. But after that I knew we had it.

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

The lights are coming on... wait... no it can't be!

Posted Image

BAH GAWD KANG IT'S THE UNDERTAKER!!!

#8 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,523 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Haha, love it. I loved that goal line stand. Ray wouldn't have wanted to go out any other way. PERFECT end to his career. First down, I was nervous. But after that I knew we had it.

Without the lights going out, we might have not been able to say that Lewis went out without a goalline stand sealing the victory. THAT'S DESTINY NOT A FIX.

I couldn't even watch that stand. I had my back to the TV and I only listened.
Posted Image

#9 blackbird29

blackbird29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

The only way the NIners could even get back in the game? 35 minute power outage which gave them what? 12 timeouts? I think without that the score would have been a blowout. I think there is def something funny with that. I bet you New Orleans won't get another SB game anytime soon.

#10 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

DOn't know if it was something deliberate or coincidence but do know that the proof was in the pudding that it helped the 9ers get off the mat after a devastating right hook. The break helped coaches settle their team down and get focused, without it the rout was on. Any complaining from the other side has to take this into account. The only reason they were in the game at all was because of the stoppage.

#11 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

No, we were just unlucky.

The power outage could cost New Orleans the Super Bowl in the future and could've been a PR nightmare for the league. So who was it that didn't belong to the NFL or the city of New Orleans that had access to something like their power system? To say that was somehow planned or intentional is ridiculous.

Not that anyone is flat-out saying that. Just don't entertain the thought.

#12 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Conspiracy theorists gonna conspiracy theory...

But, if one wants to believe in such a fix... well, keep in mind; this power outage was suppose to "help" the 49ers, right? Oh, wait! San Fran managed to botch winning Super Bowl even with this "advantage". So, LOL at the Niners...

Along with Beyonce flashing the Illuminati sign (and not throwing up the ROC), the outage was a blatant attempt to kill our momentum to make this game more interesting.

It's about the ratings! Not about who wins!

That being said...

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#13 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

While I think the power outage had a SMALL effect on our momentum, really it was Ngata going down that let the Niners back in the game. Our defense shut them down for 30 minutes and when Haloti went down early in the 3rd, the Niners immediately started having success running the football which opened up everything else. Major props to them for battling back and making some great plays, but if Ngata plays the whole game, I think we still win by double digits.

#14 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,886 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

It was fitting. I will say this.. The 9ers had extra prep time thats for sure. I think it would have been a blowout of epic proportions had the power never went out!

#15 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

It was fitting. I will say this.. The 9ers had extra prep time thats for sure. I think it would have been a blowout of epic proportions had the power never went out!

Definitely. They were on their heels and their young QB was confused and rattled. It gave them essentially 12 time outs to regroup and regain their composure. Entirely different game if the power does not go out IMO.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#16 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Well the Super Dome being used as a safe haven during Hurricane Katrina was mentioned here, the power did actually go out during that time. It led to a lot of really really bad things. That power outage along side with Ngata going down put a hurting on our defense and momentum as a whole. I'm right with ya, seemed like a trick. Especially since they pulled that on the Steelers last year.

z66oxxi.jpg

#17 DeezBirdz

DeezBirdz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE BOOMER!

Notice he was NOWHERE to be seen when the power outage happened.
Must have been a long walk to the distribution boxes.

Just couldn't let the Ray Lewis celebration go, could ya...

#18 MrPlankton

MrPlankton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...the-better-team

On a scale of 9 to 10, how mad is Frank Gore right now?

#19 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

While I think the power outage had a SMALL effect on our momentum, really it was Ngata going down that let the Niners back in the game. Our defense shut them down for 30 minutes and when Haloti went down early in the 3rd, the Niners immediately started having success running the football which opened up everything else. Major props to them for battling back and making some great plays, but if Ngata plays the whole game, I think we still win by double digits.

Losing Ngata killed us. I really wonder how long he can continue playing. I think he may be right in saying he doesn't know how long he can continue playing.

#20 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

i'm curious to see what my flock brothers/sisters think about that "mysterious" power outage after our boys go up 28-6. umm...Hurricane Katrina came through a few years ago and the Super Dome was used as a safe haven for the displaced families because of the massive flooding and there was no power outage in the Dome then. Beyonce had a whole lot of electrical stuff going on in her show and no power outage then. hmmm. so what are your views on this? could "the fix" have possibly been on? lol!

~Mili

during the hurricane the Dome didn't have power either, maybe generators set up but no power. But there was no fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users