Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

Joe Flacco hate by the media already?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Just saw on sportscenter that one of the "expert analysts" said that if there was an NFL redraft Joe Flacco for sure would not be in the top 7 QB's taken and possibly not in the top 10 QB's taken. Thoughts?
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Let them go. There's no damper on the feeling I have right now.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

He'll be a late-round steal. Ozzie is always good at finding those guys.

#4 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

I just saw on TV last night that Joe Flacco was Super Bowl 47 MVP

nothing else to talk about

:argdancingravensblueonwkk8:

"“All of a sudden, and I had not officially met Ray yet, I feel this presence over my shoulder and this voice: ‘Ray Rice, this is Ray Lewis. I love the way you play. But, you should pull your pants up.’”

Asked what it’s like to see a deep ball from Flacco, Jones likened it to Starburst candy.
“It’s juicy, it’s good,” Jones said. “It’s like candy. Everybody loves candy. Who don’t like candy?”

"We got the better Harbaugh!" Sherry Huggler

"Finally"

"My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things - embarrassing, inexcusable, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it." Mike Tomlin (a cheating Stealer)

#5 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

He'll be a late-round steal. Ozzie is always good at finding those guys.

I already thought he was a steal I mean look at the poor falcons. They took some guy named Matt Ryan way before Joe. Ever heard of him? I haven't.

Edited by Miami Hurricane, 04 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#6 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I already thought he was a steal I mean look at the poor falcons. They took some guy named Matt Ryan way before Joe. Ever heard of him? I haven't.

thats not really fair. Either team would have been in close to the same place if the picks were swapped.

#7 VA_Fan

VA_Fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Some dude on NFL AM was saying that he still isn't "elite". Joe will never get a fair shot no matter what he does.

#8 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Just saw on sportscenter that one of the "expert analysts" said that if there was an NFL redraft Joe Flacco for sure would not be in the top 7 QB's taken and possibly not in the top 10 QB's taken. Thoughts?

Probably true, but not for reasons like Flacco not being elite

Brady
Peyton
Rodgers
Brees

would likely be your first four. These are your elite passers of the football. While Flacco is an elite QB, his throwing needs some work and refinement compared to these guys.

The remaining 6 would basically come down to age tho. While Flacco is young at 28, it wouldnt surprise me to see any of the following go before him because of age and upside

Cam
RG3

Thats 6 right there without guys like Wilson, Luck, Stafford etc... In a reboot you have to remember teams do look to get younger. He isn't saying that Flacco isn't a top 7/top 10 qb just that he wouldnt be one of the first 7 or 10 taken off the board.

Edited by Sizzlebshu, 04 February 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#9 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

thats not really fair. Either team would have been in close to the same place if the picks were swapped.

To be fair the Ravens did make an honest effort to trade up and get him.

#10 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

yeah I remember Steve B really wanted Ryan, but I'm glad with our pick.

#11 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

yeah I remember Steve B really wanted Ryan, but I'm glad with our pick.

Agreed. I am glad we got Flacco over Ryan

#12 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

But Ozzie thought better of it and we got the better deal.

Edited by Miami Hurricane, 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#13 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

let em hate we know what we got here and now we got a lambardi to prove it!!!!

#14 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Probably true, but not for reasons like Flacco not being elite

Brady
Peyton
Rodgers
Brees

would likely be your first four. These are your elite passers of the football. While Flacco is an elite QB, his throwing needs some work and refinement compared to these guys.

The remaining 6 would basically come down to age tho. While Flacco is young at 28, it wouldnt surprise me to see any of the following go before him because of age and upside

Cam
RG3

Thats 6 right there without guys like Wilson, Luck, Stafford etc... In a reboot you have to remember teams do look to get younger. He isn't saying that Flacco isn't a top 7/top 10 qb just that he wouldnt be one of the first 7 or 10 taken off the board.

It didn't sound like he was taking age into account but if that's what it was then it makes sense.

#15 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

The falcons probably would have won the super bowl if it was the other way around.

#16 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Flacco convinced me he's one of the top quarterbacks in the game. Lets rewind a little bit.

Me earlier in the season; Flacco will never lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl, Flacco is lacking some traits thats needed at the position and many others... Even some of of his biggest proponents weren't putting the elite label on him.

After seeing his play take off after the Cam firing I'm a believer Flacco hasn't reached his peak yet. I remember when he was drafted the talking heads were saying Ryan is the most ready at this point but Flacco has the higher ceiling. It looks like we're starting to see him reach for it.

The ride's been fun and the crow taste great!!! Heck with what the naysayers around the country spew, we can see what we have here.

"It's obvious to anyone who has played this game that this guy is not thinking"  ~ Wally Williams on Joe Flacco , 11/11/13 105.7 the fan.

" -- they want to make Joe Flacco a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He’s not that type of guy. He’s a system type of guy "  ~ Ray Lewis  ESPN 11/25/13

"The Ravens also need to light a little fire under both Flacco and Rice .  Flacco needs to work with the receivers more during the offseason instead of just waiting for occasional minicamps"  - Mike Preston 1/2/2014

#17 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

The falcons probably would have won the super bowl if it was the other way around.

yes they probably would have and it has nothing to do with Ryan being Romo 2.0. Flacco would fit into their offense so well two elite WR with speed and a HOF TE.

#18 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

To every Flacco comment i hear now i just reply "MVP"

2mhhjsi.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Patriots GM

#19 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Kiss the Ring.
Posted Image

#20 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,543 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

i saw the same show. that statement came from a Hasselbeck. a Hasselback! c'mon man! there is nothing here stop fishing for negativity! let it go brah! smh! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users