Ravens-Saints Gameday      LISTEN LIVE      You Pick The Team      Kickoff Week   

Photo

Jimmy Smith

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

I know he has been somewhat of a disappointment this season but I say in the last two years, when it counted, he came up big. That Tip Drill from Pollard last year.

This year with that big hit to force the incompletion and then getting up and physical (the reason we drafted him) with Crabtree. He played his tail off those last few plays. Mad love for the Jimmy!

Edited by Purple Punishment, 04 February 2013 - 07:40 AM.

"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#2 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Those plays (even if one is questionable) alone were worth using that 1st round pick on him.

#3 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Jimmy is still a project but he'll become a household name soon enough. Next year's corners: Webb, Jimmy, Chykie, Corey? That looks solid to me.

Carey balled out last night but he'll demand way too much money for us to compete in a bidding war...
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#4 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Those plays (even if one is questionable) alone were worth using that 1st round pick on him.

True story! That Crabtree play is exactly what we drafted him to do, be nasty, physical, take the timing away and dont give him an easy time. Jimmy did all that and Crabtree came up short!
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#5 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

He also had a nice pass break-up covering Moss. Hopefully, he stays healthy next year and continues to develop.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#6 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Jimmy still has a bright future. The kids first two years were derailed by injuries. He's getting his confidence back

#7 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

I know Jim Harbaugh was upset that the 49ers lost the game, but how on earth can you think JSmith committed a penalty on that play? Crabtree initiates contact with Smith, has his hand on Smith's head and pushes him to the ground... Smith has Crabtree's jersey yes, but he never tugs on it at all. I think Faulk summed it up best, the refs stayed consistent in how they called the game right until the very end and that was a good non call.

And let's be frank, the 49er corners were straight mugging our WRs. Torrey gets overthrown by the endzone because Culliver jams him at the 15 yard mark...come on.

Edited by Bltravens, 04 February 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#8 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

True story! That Crabtree play is exactly what we drafted him to do, be nasty, physical, take the timing away and dont give him an easy time. Jimmy did all that and Crabtree came up short!

Aye man even if that becomes his only defining moment as a Raven then I'd still say it's a success!

#9 SideStep77

SideStep77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

He's getting his confidence back! We'll need him next year because Cary Williams will want too much money for us to be able to pay.
#82 #15 Maryland Pride. Go Terps. Go Ravens.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

#10 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,479 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Mark my words: he is a starter next year and proves his 1st round draft status.

#11 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,941 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Jimmy layed the smack down on that receiver! i was proud of him on that hit! Ravens style baby!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#12 D_UP

D_UP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

He made some big plays. I like his mental toughness and the way he stayed ready. He didn't throw a pity party when was relegated to special teams.

#13 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Jimmy is starting to grow on me. A little more consistency and I'll be lovin on him like I was when we drafted him.

#14 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Injuries have prevented him from further developing thus far. I hope he really learned how to study film from Ray and Ed Reed, jimmy should work out with L.Webb in the offseason to get his mental game down and technique. I think jimmy can play up to level that kept Cary as a starter this season and surpass that by far.

#15 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

He also has the size and ball skills to give a shot at Safety if Ed doesn't return and C.Thompson isn't ready yet.

#16 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Those where to straight important no calls for Jimmy Smith on the goaline stand lol. Helmet to Helmet (by league standards) on that forced pass breakup. And then Defensive P.I. against Crabtree. Luckily for us the refs where letting the guys play football on both sides of the field. There were barely any holding calls either if I recall.

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#17 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

He also had a huge ST play against Denver that helped flip the field. He's really come on strong when it matters most.

@gabefergy

#18 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

I know Jim Harbaugh was upset that the 49ers lost the game, but how on earth can you think JSmith committed a penalty on that play? Crabtree initiates contact with Smith, has his hand on Smith's head and pushes him to the ground... Smith has Crabtree's jersey yes, but he never tugs on it at all. I think Faulk summed it up best, the refs stayed consistent in how they called the game right until the very end and that was a good non call.

And let's be frank, the 49er corners were straight mugging our WRs. Torrey gets overthrown by the endzone because Culliver jams him at the 15 yard mark...come on.

Crabtree doesn't even complain afterwards. In THE biggest play of his life, had Jimmy held, he would have at least reacted some way.

Jimmy is coming along nicely. He has been slowed by injuries which has been a roadblock in his progression. It took Webb, Cary, Corey Graham, multiple seasons to become solid corners. People need to give him a chance.

2yno6dx.png

#19 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Now only if he can get stronger and stay on field on regular season to get some experience and be a stable #2...I can only wish

#20 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Even with losing Cary, Our CB's for next year is pretty sweet. Webb will return to #1 and I think to start the season Corey will be our #2. Jimmy will once again start the season at #3, Chykie Brown at #4, and either Asa Jackson or some FA/Draft Pick be the #5 and #6

1005856_10201063947747543_1065445185_n.j

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users