39 replies to this topic

#1 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

"They got away with one," running back Frank Gore said, via The Associated Press. "We showed we were the better team. It was just a couple plays here, a couple plays there."

http://www.nfl.com/n...the-better-team

I really couldn't understand why so many fans of different teams were hammering the 49ers after the loss (especially Seahawks and Falcons fans). We don't play the 49ers enough for me to see/hear them. If they say stuff like this all the time (Giants fans saying they said the same thing last year), I can understand why there's so much hatred of that team.

OzzieTrust.jpg

#2 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Yeah not a good look. Don't see how you 'showed you were the better team'. The game has 4 quarters Frank and you needed a 4th down conversion in the last minutes to maybe win the game.

Edited by raybaby, 04 February 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Might I suggest you post a thread like this in the "Other NFL Teams" Thread next time?

Anyway, what a classy move by Gore. Don't own up to your failures, just try to make up lame excuses... :eyes:
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#4 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Might I suggest you post a thread like this in the "Other NFL Teams" Thread next time?

One of these days I'm going to figure out what goes where. I thought because it has to do with the Ravens and their SB win, it fit as well here as there.

OzzieTrust.jpg

#5 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

If it wasn't for a mysterious power surge that game would have been a blowout. With an extra half hour to gameplan that Niner team was able to make additional adjustments and actually make a game of it.

And they were crying foul about some hold on Crabtree? What about that blatant out of bounds hit on Joe? Or the fact that Torrey was being mugged on that 3rd down play in the 1st half that should have been PI on the 1 yard line.

Calls went both ways and the better team won. And with how they're reacting, the classier team won as well.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#6 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Man, those guys are vulgar on the russell st. report. F Bombs all day on that site lol. As much as i am tempted to go there and speak my mind openly, I will stay here and think of better words to say than the usual curse words
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#7 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Wow ... when the Giants fans said the same thing was said about them about last year, I didn't think they meant Gore said the exact same thing. Then I found this:

“I was so hurt, knowing we were the better team,’’ Gore said yesterday, referring to the Giants.

http://www.nypost.co...ZI5DxEJcjlRQvbP

Apparently they didn't teach sportsmanship where he learned to play.

Edited by DMH_in_WA, 04 February 2013 - 06:07 AM.

OzzieTrust.jpg

#8 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Wow ... when the Giants fans said the same thing was said about them about last year, I didn't think they meant Gore said the exact same thing. Then I found this:

“I was so hurt, knowing we were the better team,’’ Gore said yesterday, referring to the Giants.

http://www.nypost.co...ZI5DxEJcjlRQvbP

Apparently they didn't teach sportsmanship where he learned to play.

Jim doesn't lose with grace so why would his players...
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#9 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

KISS THE RING!!!!!

#10 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

If it wasn't for a mysterious power surge that game would have been a blowout. With an extra half hour to gameplan that Niner team was able to make additional adjustments and actually make a game of it.

And they were crying foul about some hold on Crabtree? What about that blatant out of bounds hit on Joe? Or the fact that Torrey was being mugged on that 3rd down play in the 1st half that should have been PI on the 1 yard line.

Calls went both ways and the better team won. And with how they're reacting, the classier team won as well.

Don't forget the Akers rekick when he did a great job acting like he was really touched

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

amazing how they complain about there calls . Torrey wore culliver like a blanket for two quaters or more . not one hold or pi. blah blah get over it .

#12 tuckit91

tuckit91

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Gore is just a sorry loser and I am a die hard NY Giants fan and I would just like to congratulate the Ravens and their fans and i am a big Ray Lewis fan and am happy hes going out a champion!

#13 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,140 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

One of these days I'm going to figure out what goes where. I thought because it has to do with the Ravens and their SB win, it fit as well here as there.

its fine here--- what a bunch of sore losers!!!'
68f2a8.jpg

#14 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Gore and Jim both sounded like pathetic children.
Jim reminds me of Hayden Penittiere ( spell check) in Remember The Titans....

Edited by H8R, 04 February 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#15 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,130 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Jim doesn't lose with grace so why would his players...

Yeah I was going to say this as well.

Sorry John, I know he's your brother, but apparently he didn't get the grace memo.

He's the one dwelling on the Crabtree stuff.

1. If it was enough contact for PI, it was both offensive & defensive PI. You wouldn't have gotten first and goal, just a replay of that one down.
2. No call on the hit on Joe.
3. No call on Torrey in the first.
4. No call on the horsecollar on Pierce.

The refs let the guys play. That's how the SB should be in the end unless someone is truly head hunting.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#16 dee jay born

dee jay born

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

first off,that non-call in the N.F.C. Championship against NaVarro Bowman on Julio Jones at the end of the game is what got them in the SB.now they're complaining about calls going against them? i'm a Vikings fan and the refs let them play yesterday. 49ers shouldn't have a problem with that since they're SO PHYSICAL!! the better team won the SB. congrats to the Ravens. well earned victory..

#17 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Let me guess: We didn't beat them, they beat themselves. I'm tired of the loser cliches.

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,691 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Smh. He gets it from Jim!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#19 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

The Niners got away with one on that roughing the kicker call. IMO the Ravens proved to be the better team on the last SF drive. It's just Sour Grapes.

#20 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

The penalties and non-penalties all evened out in the end and the victor came out on top! Not to mention the "power outage."
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users