#1 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Think about all of the subplots:

Playoff heartbreak (especially New England)
Terrell Suggs' Achilles
Crazy Pats game
Injuries to Lewis and Webb
4th and 29
Late season slump
Ray's farewell against Indy
Mile High Miracle
Revenge against New England
Super Bowl

The NFL Network producer who can fit all of that into 44 minutes deserves a raise.

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm looking forward to it. America's Game is always well done.

#3 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

A movie script can be made about Jim Caldwell. He gets fired as head coach in indy,comes here as the QB coach, cam gets fired, he's become OC, and the offense takes off like a rocket all the way to and winning the superbowl! This is made for Hollywood.

Edited by gotekiraven, 04 February 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

One of the greatest playoff runs ever imo! What a magical season. I will never ever forget this moment!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 quoth_the_raven_neverscore

quoth_the_raven_neverscore

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

oh my god i'm going NUTS waiting for this to air... i'm going to wear it out, like an old vhs tape...
"All we got is EACH OTHER and that's all that matters! That's ALL THAT MATTERS!"

#6 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

I know they normally feature three speakers for the interviews but they really need to go with five: Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Ed Reed.

Ed probably won't do it since he's not about the spotlight, but I'd love to hear from him. Sizzle would be hugely entertaining and insightful. Ray-Ray is a given. Coach Harbaugh is practically a lock since they usually get each team's coach.

And Joe? The man deserves every microphone in the world after backing up his talk.

Posted Image

#7 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

I'm so excited :D

#8 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

A movie script can be made about Jim Caldwell. He gets fired as head coach in indy,comes here as the QB coach, cam gets fired, he's become OC, and the offense takes off like a rocket all the way to and winning the superbowl! This is made for Hollywood.

He would be a head coach again for 2013 if the Ravens hadn't made it to the Super Bowl. Oh well, at least we get to keep his talents for ourselves!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#9 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Think about all of the subplots:

Playoff heartbreak (especially New England)
Terrell Suggs' Achilles
Crazy Pats game
Injuries to Lewis and Webb
4th and 29
Late season slump
Ray's farewell against Indy
Mile High Miracle
Revenge against New England
Super Bowl

The NFL Network producer who can fit all of that into 44 minutes deserves a raise.

If I'm scripting it, I'd gloss over the early stuff (including Suggs' injury) and get straight to the struggles -- that's the early hook of the broadcast. Then, picking up from Ray's injury and Suggs' nagging injuries, I'd get into the turning point where the team had a group therapy session after the Houston loss. Touch again on the late-season inconsistencies before getting into Ray Lewis' retirement decision (apparently made much earlier), the firing of Cam Cameron, and then go into detail on the team's mindset as they outlasted Denver.

The final quarter of the broadcast would be devoted briefly to revenge in New England before closing with the Super Bowl and then post-game reflections.

Posted Image

#10 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Gonna be sweet. Just wish Webb had one just ONE play on the field.

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

Ray Rice got done dirty. Shame on you "Fans" and NFL higher-ups.

#11 quoth_the_raven_neverscore

quoth_the_raven_neverscore

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

If I'm scripting it, I'd gloss over the early stuff (including Suggs' injury) and get straight to the struggles -- that's the early hook of the broadcast. Then, picking up from Ray's injury and Suggs' nagging injuries, I'd get into the turning point where the team had a group therapy session after the Houston loss. Touch again on the late-season inconsistencies before getting into Ray Lewis' retirement decision (apparently made much earlier), the firing of Cam Cameron, and then go into detail on the team's mindset as they outlasted Denver.

The final quarter of the broadcast would be devoted briefly to revenge in New England before closing with the Super Bowl and then post-game reflections.

i'd also like to see a section about the passing of art modell, god rest him, in this. i think it's significant in the direction we took this season and definitely needs to be included in the story
"All we got is EACH OTHER and that's all that matters! That's ALL THAT MATTERS!"

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

i'd also like to see a section about the passing of art modell, god rest him, in this. i think it's significant in the direction we took this season and definitely needs to be included in the story

It helped to bring the season into perspective for the organization. Reminds me a little of when OAK pulled a huge comeback win the game after Al Davis died...
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#13 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

I said this before the game. Should be good. Wonder what will be said about the Cameron situation.

Edited by redrum52, 04 February 2013 - 04:40 AM.

#14 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I said this before the game. Should be good. Wonder what will be said about the Cameron situation.

Wouldn't it be awkward if they interviewed him?! :o

#15 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Or just make it 2 hours ;)
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#16 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

I know they normally feature three speakers for the interviews but they really need to go with five: Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Ed Reed.

Ed probably won't do it since he's not about the spotlight, but I'd love to hear from him. Sizzle would be hugely entertaining and insightful. Ray-Ray is a given. Coach Harbaugh is practically a lock since they usually get each team's coach.

And Joe? The man deserves every microphone in the world after backing up his talk.

I don't know how it works but I've never seen a player in two of those, for two different Super Bowl years, for the same team. While it seems criminal to not include R. Lewis in this one I don't know if it's against their policy to have the same player spotlighted in two shows.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#17 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I don't know how it works but I've never seen a player in two of those, for two different Super Bowl years, for the same team. While it seems criminal to not include R. Lewis in this one I don't know if it's against their policy to have the same player spotlighted in two shows.

It's been done. I think Eli's in both of the Giants ones.

#18 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

It's been done. I think Eli's in both of the Giants ones.

You're right. And not only is Eli in both, but Coughlin too. For some reason I thought Eli wasn't in the 2007 version. I have no idea why. I guess my memory remembered it being more about Strahan.

#19 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I will buy it the moment it goes on sale. This was such an amazing season to be a part of.

Truly what legends are made of.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#20 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Is this something that will be aired on NFL Network; or more something in local US networks?

Hmmmm, will have to find a way to watch this...

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users