Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTRavens

Our America's Game episode is going to be insane

32 posts in this topic

Think about all of the subplots:

Playoff heartbreak (especially New England)
Terrell Suggs' Achilles
Crazy Pats game
Injuries to Lewis and Webb
4th and 29
Late season slump
Ray's farewell against Indy
Mile High Miracle
Revenge against New England
Super Bowl

The NFL Network producer who can fit all of that into 44 minutes deserves a raise.

A movie script can be made about Jim Caldwell. He gets fired as head coach in indy,comes here as the QB coach, cam gets fired, he's become OC, and the offense takes off like a rocket all the way to and winning the superbowl! This is made for Hollywood.

One of the greatest playoff runs ever imo! What a magical season. I will never ever forget this moment!

I know they normally feature three speakers for the interviews but they really need to go with five: Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Ed Reed.

Ed probably won't do it since he's not about the spotlight, but I'd love to hear from him. Sizzle would be hugely entertaining and insightful. Ray-Ray is a given. Coach Harbaugh is practically a lock since they usually get each team's coach.

And Joe? The man deserves every microphone in the world after backing up his talk.

[quote name='gotekiraven' timestamp='1359965329' post='1343986']
A movie script can be made about Jim Caldwell. He gets fired as head coach in indy,comes here as the QB coach, cam gets fired, he's become OC, and the offense takes off like a rocket all the way to and winning the superbowl! This is made for Hollywood.
[/quote]

He would be a head coach again for 2013 if the Ravens hadn't made it to the Super Bowl. Oh well, at least we get to keep his talents for ourselves!

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1359965011' post='1343979']
Think about all of the subplots:

Playoff heartbreak (especially New England)
Terrell Suggs' Achilles
Crazy Pats game
Injuries to Lewis and Webb
4th and 29
Late season slump
Ray's farewell against Indy
Mile High Miracle
Revenge against New England
Super Bowl

The NFL Network producer who can fit all of that into 44 minutes deserves a raise.
[/quote]

If I'm scripting it, I'd gloss over the early stuff (including Suggs' injury) and get straight to the struggles -- that's the early hook of the broadcast. Then, picking up from Ray's injury and Suggs' nagging injuries, I'd get into the turning point where the team had a group therapy session after the Houston loss. Touch again on the late-season inconsistencies before getting into Ray Lewis' retirement decision (apparently made much earlier), the firing of Cam Cameron, and then go into detail on the team's mindset as they outlasted Denver.

The final quarter of the broadcast would be devoted briefly to revenge in New England before closing with the Super Bowl and then post-game reflections.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1359967813' post='1344036']
If I'm scripting it, I'd gloss over the early stuff (including Suggs' injury) and get straight to the struggles -- that's the early hook of the broadcast. Then, picking up from Ray's injury and Suggs' nagging injuries, I'd get into the turning point where the team had a group therapy session after the Houston loss. Touch again on the late-season inconsistencies before getting into Ray Lewis' retirement decision (apparently made much earlier), the firing of Cam Cameron, and then go into detail on the team's mindset as they outlasted Denver.

The final quarter of the broadcast would be devoted briefly to revenge in New England before closing with the Super Bowl and then post-game reflections.
[/quote]

i'd also like to see a section about the passing of art modell, god rest him, in this. i think it's significant in the direction we took this season and definitely needs to be included in the story

[quote name='quoth_the_raven_neverscore' timestamp='1359970604' post='1344066']
i'd also like to see a section about the passing of art modell, god rest him, in this. i think it's significant in the direction we took this season and definitely needs to be included in the story
[/quote]

It helped to bring the season into perspective for the organization. Reminds me a little of when OAK pulled a huge comeback win the game after Al Davis died...

I said this before the game. Should be good. Wonder what will be said about the Cameron situation.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1359970776' post='1344069']
I said this before the game. Should be good. Wonder what will be said about the Cameron situation.
[/quote]

Wouldn't it be awkward if they interviewed him?! :o

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1359967813' post='1344036']

[/quote]Or just make it 2 hours ;)

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1359967290' post='1344022']
I know they normally feature three speakers for the interviews but they really need to go with five: Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Ed Reed.

Ed probably won't do it since he's not about the spotlight, but I'd love to hear from him. Sizzle would be hugely entertaining and insightful. Ray-Ray is a given. Coach Harbaugh is practically a lock since they usually get each team's coach.

And Joe? The man deserves every microphone in the world after backing up his talk.
[/quote]I don't know how it works but I've never seen a player in two of those, for two different Super Bowl years, for the same team. While it seems criminal to not include R. Lewis in this one I don't know if it's against their policy to have the same player spotlighted in two shows.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1359975637' post='1344111']
I don't know how it works but I've never seen a player in two of those, for two different Super Bowl years, for the same team. While it seems criminal to not include R. Lewis in this one I don't know if it's against their policy to have the same player spotlighted in two shows.
[/quote]

It's been done. I think Eli's in both of the Giants ones.

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1360005102' post='1344924']
It's been done. I think Eli's in both of the Giants ones.
[/quote]You're right. And not only is Eli in both, but Coughlin too. For some reason I thought Eli wasn't in the 2007 version. I have no idea why. I guess my memory remembered it being more about Strahan.

I will buy it the moment it goes on sale. This was such an amazing season to be a part of.

Truly what legends are made of.

Is this something that will be aired on NFL Network; or more something in local US networks?

Hmmmm, will have to find a way to watch this...

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1360006237' post='1344965']
Is this something that will be aired on NFL Network; or more something in local US networks?

Hmmmm, will have to find a way to watch this...
[/quote]

NFLN. Its basically a documentary they make every year chronicling the season of the SB Champions.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1360006416' post='1344973']
NFLN. Its basically a documentary they make every year chronicling the season of the SB Champions.
[/quote]Cheers.

In that case, I should be able to catch it here then. :)

Perfect season to win the Super Bowl in my opinion. So many story lines, so much adversity overcome, many many amazing memorable games, miracle plays, and the best part in my opinion...Giving Ray Lewis the ultimate farewell along with getting the trio (Sizzle, Ed, and Ray) a ring together.

It's almost a lock that Baltimore native and celebrity Ravens fan Josh Charles will narrate this.

If not him, then I'd want Alec Baldwin.

This has to be a 3-hour special. In fact, make it a trilogy.

We had the most storybook season of any team I can remember.

As for commentating, I think it should be Harbaugh, Flacco, Suggs and/or Lewis. Lewis will sound super philosophical in his parts like last time while Suggs would joke around each scene.

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1360018943' post='1345357']
As for commentating, I think it should be Harbaugh, Flacco, Suggs and/or Lewis. Lewis will sound super philosophical in his parts like last time while Suggs would joke around each scene.
[/quote]i don't think ray is allowed because he already did the 2000 america's team.

[quote name='frangecko112' timestamp='1360019138' post='1345365']
i don't think ray is allowed because he already did the 2000 america's team.
[/quote]

Someone said on here earlier that Eli did both for the Giants after both their Super Bowls so if its true, he should be allowed