Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Super Bowl XLVII Recap: Ravens 34, 49ers 31

111 posts in this topic

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1359990434' post='1344386']
KO - Is this guy really a rookie? They've moved him all along the line and yet he played, especially down the stretch like a vet. Listen to vet o linemen talk about how hard it is to get shifted and be comfortable and play well. Unreal.

McKinnie - Who knows the real story on this guy's season, outside of our locker room. All I know, is look what he did to some of the best edge rushers in the NFL through the post-season. Freeney, Miller and now Aldon Smith. Smith was NON-EXISTENT last night.

Oher - [color=#ff0000][b]Much maligned by his own fans at times [/b][/color]... but did he do work? Yes he did. Has their been a lineman that you know of that has been jerked around more? What a team guy, not a peep from him about how he's being handled. He just goes out and does his job. I do hope we just face the fact that he's an RT and that we keep him there.

Yanda - nothing much to say here. A pro-bowler that just plays that way 100% of the time.

Birk - Given his age and his recent injury history, how did he make it through the rigors of a 20 game season without missing a beat? He faced his demon in Wilfork and handled him. Honestly, he may bow out. If so, another great going out on top.
[/quote]

Maligning our own players is what some of us do best...

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1359993037' post='1344486']
LT is going to be the most interesting position fill for us this next season. I really believe that we need to keep Oher at RT and quit pretending he's an LT. McKinnie was brilliant in the post-season, but our relationship with him is so bizarre and so strained, I don't know what we want to do with him. He's certainly not the future, so who is? I would not be surprised if we tried to work KO into that position. We'll see.
[/quote]

I think KO is better suited as a guard. Putting him at LT might cause the same problems as having Oher there. McKinnie on a short term contract sounds like a good move, while we look for a longer term replacement in the draft. It will certainly be tough to bring a free agent here, given the salary cap situation and all the other players we have to make decisions on.

@ Ellicottraven, I spend 3 hours on all the Face Book pages of all the Flacco and Raven haters,I'm pretty sure I covered them all then after I got done I canceled my account for a few days or I'll be toast

[quote name='riseNConquer81' timestamp='1359994721' post='1344555']
Anybody still think Chykie Brown is a better corner than Jimmy Smith tho?
For those who didnt notice, Kaepernick tried to run that same bunch formation on the right side that Manning beat Chykie with, except that this time with Jimmy Smith in the game it ended up being a 3rd down incompletion instead of a TD.
[/quote]

If Jimmy stays healthy, he will be an absolute BEAST at CB

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1359999366' post='1344714']
I have a feeling that the power outage was a conspiracy against the Ravens,this happened 3 times for the 49er's when they were losing by 20 points,I feel they are cheaters like the Patriots
[/quote]

So how does that happen? Someone with the New Orleans power company hates the Ravens? The NFL infiltrated the system because THEY hate the Ravens? The "cheater" 49ers somehow were able to send a mole to work with the power complany in the two weeks between the conference championships and the Super Bowl?

I swear, I love my Ravens, and my hometown, but some of you guys are embarassments to the city and its educational system...

[quote name='bmore_kman' timestamp='1359999274' post='1344710']
Too bad some fans can't win with the grace and class of the Ravens players and coaches themselves - you know, the ones who were actually ON the field, accomplishing this championship...
[/quote]Very well graceful and classy fan - I'll live and learn from your venerable self!

The Ravens played lights out. Always thought it great to play against sore losers. Hope we find a bunch of sore losers to beat up on next year.

[quote name='BlackLesPaul' timestamp='1359999389' post='1344717']
Jacoby Jones. Awesome!
[/quote]

No slight on Joe E-Lite, the Media needs the QB to be the MVP and 3 TDs ain't no slouch, but that's his job!

The "Dragonfly" accounted for over 250 all-purpose yards, scored on a 108 yd KO Return, on a 70 yd pass where he fell, got up and still jucked three Niners to score!

That's an MVP performance in my book! But, I don't run nuthin' but my remote!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1360004158' post='1344901']
No slight on Joe E-Lite, the Media needs the QB to be the MVP and 3 TDs ain't no slouch, but that's his job!

The "Dragonfly" accounted for over 250 all-purpose yards, scored on a 108 yd KO Return, on a 70 yd pass where he fell, got up and still jucked three Niners to score!

That's an MVP performance in my book! But, I don't run nuthin' but my remote!
[/quote]

its the WAY he scored the 3 TDs though. If you're impressed with Jacoby juking 3 guys untouched, go back and watch Joe throw completions with dudes hanging off of him. Jacoby has a case, but Joe really does deserve it.

[quote name='bmore_kman' timestamp='1359999929' post='1344741']
So how does that happen? Someone with the New Orleans power company hates the Ravens? The NFL infiltrated the system because THEY hate the Ravens? The "cheater" 49ers somehow were able to send a mole to work with the power complany in the two weeks between the conference championships and the Super Bowl?

I swear, I love my Ravens, and my hometown, but some of you guys are embarassments to the city and its educational system...
[/quote]

Im not saying theres a conspiracy, but the details thus far and the way they are describing the cause it does sound like a hack to me. They're saying that some sort of monitoring mechanism (not sure if it was hardware or software) that watches the power flow to the stadium was tripped by a perceived excess and that caused the shutdown.

The Superdome was a katrina refugee shelter, its up time is crucial, Beyonce's half time performance is not gonna shut it down, especially not 20 minutes after its over, nobody's buying that.
California is home to silicon valley, would not surprise me if some tech savvy niners fan upset with the blowout did this.

tbh and i hope i dont get negatives for this but our defensive MVP wasnt kruger or ed or ray or cary or sizzle.. it was ellerbe. heck, the game was all over the field.. if he didnt catch gore and pushed him out of bounds on that long run then gore woulda scored

it feels good to be 2013 world champions. joe kool was unbelieveable this year. and thank god for jacoby jones.
and i love my ravens and thank you RAY for all those years.

now i just want to state my opinion about the power outage. i dont remember the last time that as happen at a superbowl, as long as i have been watching football i have never seen this happen at a superbowl and ummmm the power should have definitely went out when beyonce was performing i mean damn she used alot of it. so to all who this the blackout didnt given the 49ers momentum then take this into consideration.
the ravens were up 21 to 6 going into half time then jacoby jones runs a kickoff return then all of a sudden its 28 to 6 den the 49ers didnt do much the first two possession so its now 3rd and 13 i believe then all of a sudden the power went out.wow and then it took 34 mins to fix it so that gave our offense about 84 mins to get outta rhythum and gave their defense 84 mins to figure things out and try something diff which is exactly what happened and it gave their offense 34 mins to come up with a good play to pic up first down and den the game changed from there. going back into first half the ravens offense and defense was on fire and the 49ers couldnt stop us and den damn power goes out and the game changes.

all i want to say to the NFL is please for gods sake pay your bills or have a back up system thats not gonna take 34 mins cause momentum and rhythm goes a long way in the nfl.

love the ravens foreveer more/

[quote name='riseNConquer81' timestamp='1360004886' post='1344916']
its the WAY he scored the 3 TDs though. If you're impressed with Jacoby juking 3 guys untouched, go back and watch Joe throw completions with dudes hanging off of him. Jacoby has a case, but Joe really does deserve it.
[/quote]

Hey, I'm on the Joe E-Lite to Disney bandwagon, fer shurr,... but I'm just pointing out that any given week, the Dragonfly would have been Offensive Player of the Week!

He was an MVP to me AND his hometown N'Awlins crowd, no matter what anybody says!

i have not been on here since before the game because i am still on cloud 9. world champs baby!! heath evans, collinsworth, bayless and to the rest of the haters all i have to say is hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! time for you guys to drop it and move on because the ravens rule!!