Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple_ICE 81

Anyone still wana cut Boldin?

70 posts in this topic

Dude always shows up in big games, ALWAYS. I wouldn't part ways with that if I was Ozzie, there's something to be said for guys who show up in the clutch.

Boldin is old but if you throw up the contested ball, you know who will come down with the ball.....The dude is clutch and deserved to win his first SB....

a definite retain and retired as a Ravens...

Can we just get this straight. NOBODY WANTS TO CUT BOLDIN. But when you look at the cap situation it does look dire that Quan could be a cap causality. It's the ruthless nature of the business...

You don't like it. I certainly don't like it. Nobody likes it. But it's an ugly reality that great teams have to let go of good talent because the money isn't there to pay for everybody.

Joe is going to demand huge money and the cap space has to come from somewhere...

He is in a contract year so give him a new 3-4 year deal worth $20 million and spread his cap out to help us with our dire cap situation.

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1359961396' post='1343876']
Flacco should put a clause in his new mega deal that says the Ravens have to retain Q. Hahaha.
[/quote]

That clause would have to be that Flacco takes an adjusted contract to fit in Boldin under the cap

[quote name='jdynamite' timestamp='1359962595' post='1343921']
That clause would have to be that Flacco takes an adjusted contract to fit in Boldin under the cap
[/quote]agreed. It should also allow for us to pay for an offensive line to pass protect.

I'm all for Joe getting paid, but not at the expense of hamstringing this team to a degree that we'll never get back to The Show.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1359962755' post='1343925']
agreed. It should also allow for us to pay for an offensive line to pass protect.

I'm all for Joe getting paid, but not at the expense of hamstringing this team to a degree that we'll never get back to The Show.
[/quote]

Here's hoping Flacco succumbs to the Home-Town Discount Fever!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359962865' post='1343927']
Here's hoping Flacco succumbs to the Home-Town Discount Fever!
[/quote]It's easy for me to say but I would take a team friendly contract if it meant we could build a dynasty over the next decade.

If we can find a way to retain our key FA's and retain key players, we are Superbowl contender next year. Perhaps a dynasty.

Ridiculous? It might be possible.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1359963013' post='1343930']
It's easy for me to say but I would take a team friendly contract if it meant we could build a dynasty over the next decade.
[/quote]

Money lasts a lifetime; glory lasts forever!

[quote name='gotekiraven' timestamp='1359963554' post='1343945']
Boldin is reliable point blank. Joe has good chemistry with him. I hope something can be worked out with the cap so that he can stay.
[/quote]

I can imagine Boldin giving BAL a Lombardi discount. He has truly reached his pinnacle with the Ravens.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359963940' post='1343960']
I can imagine Boldin giving BAL a Lombardi discount. He has truly reached his pinnacle with the Ravens.
[/quote]What is this Lombardi discount and can we convince ED Reed to take one.

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1359964038' post='1343962']
What is this Lombardi discount and can we convince ED Reed to take one.
[/quote]

If anything, some players will overestimate their value. Ed Reed will not be a Raven next season, people need to accept that. Just hope he retires so you don't have to see him in a Pats uniform.

I've been very hard on Q ever since that TD drop in Pittsburgh 2010. But he showed me what time it was this post-season. And I really went off after his awesome TD Taunt in Foxboro. I would love to have him back. I always liked him, but never looked at him as a #1. He fixed all that this post-season. Good stuff, Q! Congrats!

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1359964104' post='1343964']
If anything, some players will overestimate their value. Ed Reed will not be a Raven next season, people need to accept that. Just hope he retires so you don't have to see him in a Pats uniform.
[/quote]

Wouldn't it be ironic if BAL got Talib and NE got Reed?

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359964777' post='1343974']
Wouldn't it be ironic if BAL got Talib and NE got Reed?
[/quote]

We have a lot of money tied up in corner with Webb, and don't have the money to sign him besides. Also, Talib is a big character question. Let's be realistic man.

We gotta keep Boldin. Housh dropped that pass in 2010. Yeah Boldin dropped on, but Housh could've kept it going. I've had Boldin's jersey since he came here. I met him in person at Annapolis mall and he's awesome. Doss has a lot to learn still.

It's just not an easy thing to do. We want to keep Flacco. We want to keep Kruger. We want to keep Ellerbe. We want to keep Boldin. Fact is, we have to make compromises if we're going to stay under the cap. We all like Boldin as a player, but I don't know if there are more logical ways to manage our cap than by letting him go.

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1359965781' post='1344002']
It's just not an easy thing to do. We want to keep Flacco. We want to keep Kruger. We want to keep Ellerbe. We want to keep Boldin. Fact is, we have to make compromises if we're going to stay under the cap. We all like Boldin as a player, but I don't know if there are more logical ways to manage our cap than by letting him go.
[/quote]

Kruger, unfortunately is as good as gone. He just played too well during the post season. Ellerbe, I think we keep, not that he didn't play well but I do not think there is too huge a demand for his position as much as for a pass rusher. Reed you never know. He might be willing to stay for peanuts, he might retire with his ring, or go into coaching, he may want big money and move to work with Pags in Indy. Boldin, I agree, this guy we NEED to keep at all cost. He is our best receiver, a great clutch player, catches some really tough passes, and just has that great chemistry with Joe. Not to mention the leadership aspect. That all adds up to really needing to work to keep the guy.

I would hate to see the team gutted by the piranha of other teams that want our excellent SB players. Although, if we keep the core group I see us making that run again next year. Besides I trust Ozzie. How can you not after the way his decisions played out over the last few years?

I hope we can keep Boldin. As I said before, I want him here. If we can't keep him, I would rather invest his money into a LT. If we have LT solved, then we are good. We can afford to have a weaker defense with a dominant offense, but we need a LT to do that.

As for this talk, of Reed, Kruger, Williams, McKinnie, Ellerbe--it's very possible all walk; however, I feel we can keep Reed & Ellerbe. I also think we may be able to keep MCkinnie. Our ability to retain those players depends on restructures & Flacco's deal.

There is also a distinct possibility Boldin retires. Who knows.

I still beleive Anquan is our number 1. We will have to see what Torrey does next year but Torrey is still inconsistent. Boldin is always Flacco's go to guy, be a shame if he got the axe.