Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Breakdown: Defensive Stand Will Go Down In Super Bowl History

89 posts in this topic

The flag the 49ers wanted seldom falls and Flacco’s most important plays in his MVP performance.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Breakdown-Defensive-Stand-Will-Go-Down-In-Super-Bowl-History/2f30ca8e-973c-40f6-8468-b50d9c684edd]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='raven410' timestamp='1359961037' post='1343860']
I plan on being up all night...how about you Ravensnation???
[/quote]

I have already taken off of work...lol

The Purple & Black The Ravens are Superbowl champions I Can't Wait for DVD & The Ravens book cause these are the memories that last a life time GOOOOOOO RAVENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me see my thoughts of the game...

Super Bowl tickets $2500...Joe beating Luck, The Great Manning, Tom Terrific, and the tatted QB of the future...PRICELESS!

Anyone know where you can find the picture that I believe CBS had a couple weeks ago of Ray Lewis in front of a sign that says "Destination New Orleans?"

Amazing. I knew we were going to make it. If they were to make a movie about the team and this season, it would seem made up. We are the team of destiny. Praise the Lord!!!

We did it!!!!!!!! I cried actual tears watching us touch that Lombardi trophy and watching that confetti fall down. This was our game and our year!!!! This is one of the best days of my life!

Thank you Mr. Ray Lewis for leaving us with truly an amazing legacy. 17 years went by way too fast but the impact you've left will live in my mind and my heart forever. I'm proud to be a Ravens fan. Not because we're champs but because of the type of faith this team leads with. And it all molded in these last 17 years. I hope for the best in your next journey. Can't wait to see what legacy you leave behind next. Love this team, love Charm City. Congratulations

injuries, turnovers and lost of a leader, and was still able to win AFC North, outplay future Hall Of Famers Quarterbacks in back to back week and win the Super Bowl and make Ray Lewis final game a memory that most players only can dream about when they want to retire. Go Ravens, I am so proud to be a Ravens fan and now I'm wearing my Ravens t-shirt and black jeans. Black and purple!

It would take really, really long for me to write here everything I want to say about this game, the entire season, Ray, Flacco, Art, press...

Instead, just congratulations and a huge THANK YOU to our team. Celebrate, Ravensnation!!!!

[quote name='iamDLEErious' timestamp='1359962456' post='1343914']
Thank you Mr. Ray Lewis for leaving us with truly an amazing legacy. 17 years went by way too fast but the impact you've left will live in my mind and my heart forever. I'm proud to be a Ravens fan. Not because we're champs but because of the type of faith this team leads with. And it all molded in these last 17 years. I hope for the best in your next journey. Can't wait to see what legacy you leave behind next. Love this team, love Charm City. Congratulations
[/quote]

Even though we won the game. It still saddens me to know that Ray Lewis will not be there anymore. The passion and the way that he was a leader of men probably will not be duplicated ever. When you think of Ravens you automatically think of Ray Lewis, just as when you think of Orioles you automatically think of Cal Ripken.

[quote name='raven410' timestamp='1359961001' post='1343858']
Lol!!! I'm having soo much fun talking trash to all the Joe Flacco haters of the world!!
[/quote]

It is fun to shove their words right back down their throats.lol

Even a "momentum" killer like turning out the lights couldn't stop the better team from winning. I love it!! There are just too many awesome feelings and storylines right now.

Not going to sit here and lie and say I knew the Ravens were going to win, once Pitta droppped that crucial 3rd down catch and the Ravens had to settle for a feild goal (crucial touchdown needed drive)I was like wow, SF wins 36-34... Just thank the gods no flag was thrown. Glad the Ravens won. #Ravensnation. Also no lights = game changer but really? The feild was still lit enough to play, you're grown menn, no excuse to not play.

It's easy to understand those who rooted for the 49ers to win are trying to find consolation. It's easy to understand they're trying to make themselves believe they were the better team. Nevertheless...
- statistics don't confirm that;
- and even if we allow to entertain for a moment the idea that they were the better team (they weren't) - who cares? What's important is who scored the more points.

They are a very good team and they gave us a heck of a fight, hats off to them. No wonder the nfl-scene will all be about how bravely they fought back and how the poor souls fell short (no doubt many will keep pointing to the flag that was never thrown) and no one will remember how they got washed away in the first half and no one will mention how that power outage nullified our momentum, no one will mention that their awesome pistol O kept firing blanks in the first half and was unable to produce less than 10 yards gain in 3 attempts at the end...
But that's fine. Let the popular hero be the 49ers and we get the Lombardi.

Deal.

bio

"We're a resilient team. We've got a lot of resolve. That's why we won the game", Harbaugh said.

I completely understand why he said he is going to miss this team. Joe, Torrey, Q, Ray.... They all have talked about how tightly knit this team is. The team is unique and special as they went through so much and still percevered.

Great win, coach. See you at the parade.

OH, and a shout out to Mr. Lamarr Woodley and we all hope he's alive and all right - we can all remember him saying the Ravens would never win a Super Bowl in his lifetime.

bio