Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Jacoby Jones appreciation thread

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hardly, didn't follow football as closely as I do now, so I guess no. But looking at the stats, Jermaine Lewis never returned a KR for a TD. Only PR's....which is 6. I'd say Jacoby in one year proved he's the best KR we've ever had having 2 huge ones(which is franchise record). Jermaine is the greatest PR we've ever had.

Didn't Jermaine have a KR for a TD in the Super Bowl? It was the third TD on three consecutive plays between the two teams I think.

#62 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,152 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Didn't Jermaine have a KR for a TD in the Super Bowl? It was the third TD on three consecutive plays between the two teams I think.

Yeah, my bad. Meant to say regular season.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#63 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

I was thinking this as well. Might even pay a visit to their boards and see who they might be grumbling about this off season. I just can't believe the quality that Houston has sent our way in Pollard, Leach & JJ. Thanks Houston! Keep 'em coming!

Jacoby, I really hope you stick around for awhile. You are not only beast on the field but definitely bring a lot of character to the team!

It's looking Connor Barwin might be that guy. Their fans have no faith in the guy but, as we know, that coaching staff has no idea how to use it's players lol.

#64 saved72907

saved72907

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

He was surely a very close runner up for Super Bowl MVP.... I really feel like he deserves a piece of the pie to be honest. He helped Flacco out by making a great play. And no, I'm not taking anything away from Flacco.

#65 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

One of the best pick up in years. But off topic, anybody have an idea on who we are going after in the draft?

#66 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,521 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

One of the best pick up in years. But off topic, anybody have an idea on who we are going after in the draft?

If you want to "Talk draft", please visit the Draft Forum. We try to keep the speculation out of Ravens Talk.
10wmids.jpg

#67 jberta1

jberta1

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

This man makes plays when plays are needed, thank you JJ!

#68 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hardly, didn't follow football as closely as I do now, so I guess no. But looking at the stats, Jermaine Lewis never returned a KR for a TD in the regular season. Only PR's....which is 6. I'd say Jacoby in one year proved he's the best KR we've ever had having 2 huge ones(which is franchise record). Jermaine is the greatest PR we've ever had.

I get what u saying and i like the way you put that i can agree with that, although i said ( Returner ) that's a combination of both. Also as I stated the Rule changes on Kickoffs have led to the most Kickoff return TDs in recent memory, that along with poor tackling in today's NFL. And Jermaine not recording a KR TD as you stated still doesn't diminish him providing the offense with good field position ( its important to note how he aided the defense by changing the field positions. ) and his 1 KR td ever came in the Superbowl.

Either way both 2 great ravens I'm thankful for.

Edited by jdynamite, 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#69 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I wonder if there's any way to get Jacoby's dances in full? The cameras on CBS cut out early but there's NO WAY one of the other cameras didn't catch it.

Also found - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dohe8PmbZgk

lol that racewas awesome. Jacoby pulled an Usain Bolt by easing up and celebrating way before the finish! :P

http://youtu.be/FOeL1D8vMiI

For some reason I find the fan cam shot of the play even more satisfying.

Awesome. :D

It's looking Connor Barwin might be that guy. Their fans have no faith in the guy but, as we know, that coaching staff has no idea how to use it's players lol.

Barwin? *drool*

I'd happily lose Kruger in favour of him.

#GetFlaccoHelpIn2014

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users