Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HaX

Jacoby Jones appreciation thread

69 posts in this topic

and he won the ultimate price in his hometown and nothing is better than that...Congratz Jacoby!!

Words can't describe how appreciative I am of Jacoby Jones, and I didn't even want him here at first, or like it when we signed him. Boy was I wrong.

Oz strikes again!!

I'd just like to say that without Jacoby we would have never made it to this stage.

He was the deciding factor against Dallas, Pittsburgh, (a should have been in Philly), DENVER, and most memorably in the Super Bowl.

I loved this signing last summer and I love it even more now. Ozzie brought in a ST stud and a big bodied blazing fast receiver as a 3rd weapon for Flacco to sling the ball to. He Looks so much better in purple in black. Thank you for letting go of such a baller Houston.

He and Cory Graham, both amazing picks up by Oz.
Both pretty much "under the radar" signings, but certainly turned out to be huge.

What a baller. Thank you Houston, indeed. All season long on r/NFL on Reddit, Houston fans were waiting for Jacoby to make a mistake. "Just wait" they said, as he was busy making plays.

Many HUGE plays by Jacoby this season. Holy hell is he fast!

I don't really post alot, but i got to say when we first signed him i didn't like it at all. All I could think of was his 2 fumbles against us in the playoffs, and was like "what were we thinking?". I have never been so happier to have been wrong. He has been such blessing to the offense and I hope we keep him around for a long time.

X-factor, nuff said.

We should make sure to send the Texans a gift basket for their support. Jacoby, Pollars, Leach.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359961271' post='1343869']
X-factor, nuff said.

We should make sure to send the Texans a gift basket for their support. Jacoby, Pollars, Leach.
[/quote]
Lets check on Houston chopping blocks...

This guy has not gotten nearly enough credit for what he has done.

I'm glad that this thread was made, and hopefully JJ stumbles upon this somehow, some way.

So many big plays in crucial situations all year long. Hats off to you Jacoby Jones

I loved the signing back them, but nobody in the world would have been able to predict the season he had this year!

Tremendous performance !!!

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1359963118' post='1343934']
I loved the signing back them, but nobody in the world would have been able to predict the season he had this year!

Tremendous performance !!!
[/quote]I knew it! Told my bro he'd be HUGE for us. I'm a prophet ;)

I think it was Michael Irvin that said Jacoby would be basically the X Factor for us in the SB. He hit it on the head. Without his deep pass catching ability and getting up, spin move, mad dash to the end zone. Without that extra effort we lose that game. I am forever grateful for Jacoby Jones and I think he needs to stay a Raven.

Big plays in key situations. Breaking records. Some of the best end-zone dances the league's ever seen. Jacoby has simply been the man.

Hope FO manages to keep him through all the inevitable wheeling and dealing.

Great Year Mr. Jones. You Bring more than speed and returns to this team you give it character, For that i want to thank you and Q for the swag.

his 290 combined return yards is a [u][b]Super Bowl record!!![/b][/u] We thought Jermaine Lewis was a special returner.

Speaking of which, 2 Superbowls, KO returns for TDs

He was my runner up for MVP behind Joe. A 108 yard kickoff and an incredible showing of effort on a 56 yard bomb. The Texans do make good players for us to pick up. He might just be one of our greatest FA signings ever.

Big time! Behind Flacco he would have been MVP in that game, very close to Boldin.

Thanks Houston! Your players win us games.

I said this same thing last night....the best thing that happened to the Ravens last year was Jones muffing that punt and getting cut by the Texans. WHAT A FANTASTIC YEAR he had....so happy for him. I love to see the "cast offs" come here and experience true team. Harbs talked about it a lot last night..the love these guys have for each other and it is very evident to see. So proud of our team today!

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359961271' post='1343869']
X-factor, nuff said.

[/quote]
I disagree. The Ravens should send the Texans' GM a Ravens Super Bowl ring for the three players they gave us.

JJ played out of his mind. I loved how he went for the TD after realizing he wasn't touched.

My new corny nickname for Jacoby is the N20 Muffler. He muffs punts here or there, but for the most part he runs on nitrous oxide haha would be nice to get him a more cap friendly extension this offseason

not all second chances work out, but wow Jacoby couldn't have made any more out of it. Texans fans were wrong. I love it !

I wonder if there's any way to get Jacoby's dances in full? The cameras on CBS cut out early but there's NO WAY one of the other cameras didn't catch it.

[edit] found the KO TD one (video of a tv screen) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8dy99vxo6QY

Also found - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dohe8PmbZgk

[quote name='Purple Punishment' timestamp='1359986834' post='1344275']
The Squirell Master of Course!
[/quote]

I'm sure he got Ray's permission. LMAO!

I got to admit this was my favorite play of the game because at the time we seemingly drove the dagger in deeper.

[sup]I am hoping to find his dances in full as well. I can watch those things all day. I'd really love for someone to put them all in a video in the next couple of months lol. Jacoby Jones Dances 2013!![/sup]

All those little moves Ozzie made, all those late round steals he drafted, won us a superbowl. Jacoby was a [b]huge [/b]part of it.

someone please make a gif of him making the catch then pulling off the best juke ever

Awesome!!!
[quote] [url="http://www.nfl.com/player/jacobyjones/2495651/profile"]Jacoby Jones[/url] not only brought joy to [url="http://www.nfl.com/teams/baltimoreravens/profile?team=BAL"]Baltimore Ravens[/url] fans across the country Sunday night, [url="http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-02-03/features/bs-ae-gardiners-free-furniture-20130203_1_jacoby-jones-free-furniture-local-furniture"]he also gave away some furniture[/url]. [/quote]
[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136143/article/jacoby-jones-heroics-leads-to-600k-furniture-donation"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136143/article/jacoby-jones-heroics-leads-to-600k-furniture-donation[/url]

I really didn't want him, but at the end of the year, he was the main man behind the longest Super Bowl play ever and possibly the greatest play in Ravens history (70 yarder in Denver) next to Ray's INT off Eddie George in '01. Props to Jacoby Jones.

Here I was acting like he shouldn't be a Raven because I'm a Raven fan and I know enough to decide, when Jacoby plays a huge part in where the Ravens are today. He's a true Raven. I'm not.

Jacoby Jones was our Jermaine Lewis of 2012-13 in terms of performance (maybe even better)

This was the big glaring hole that we had last year....didn't have a consistent and reliable (cough cough David Reed cough cough) kick/punt returner. In the Texans eyes, Jacoby Jones was their Billy Cundiff due to botching a kick off that lead to a turnover deep in Texans territory. BUT, what the Texans saw as trash, Ozzie Newsome saw as an incredible opportunity.....and it paid off by arguably being the Ravens MVP for the season and post season.

Jacoby's Mom was the difference maker in us winning the Super Bowl . I heard her cooking is quite amazing and she fed quite a few Ravens .

Thanks Mom!

i was very intrigued when the move was made; clearly we needed a new #3 after the whole lee evans "what the hell was that?" situation. houston and their fans were chomping at the bit to run jacoby out of town. a lot of gm's would probably file this under "red flag"... but this is ozzie newsome we're talking about here. the man saw something (with a little help from former teammates b-nasty and vonta) in the guy. the rest is history :]

I love Jacoby. I love his dances, I love his attitude, I love his character. I'm glad we brought him here. He's a critical piece of our special teams and I believe he can become a solid #3 or maybe even a #2 one day if he continues to improve. I believe he will. I think getting cut from the Texans humbled him & the change in scenery changed him.

I was getting worried about Jacoby there on punt returns. He does bobble a lot of kickoffs/punts. Luckily they haven't cost us. But damn, the risk is worth the reward.

Jacoby Jones really came out this season with a mission on his mind, he played hard and with passion in every game regardless if he made an impact on the game that week. There were weeks like the Denver, Browns TNF game where most of the team stunk it up, but you could point to a few players J.Jones, C.Graham, B.Pierce, Yanda, Pitta that seemed to always have that fighting spirit regardless.

I had been whining for a while about how I wanted and needed the next KR, I thought it would be David Reed for awhile there then he had his meltdown and injuries.

With this season and his impact plays overall I think Jacoby has slid into my #2 KR on Ravens all time.

1. Jermaine Lewis
2. Jacoby Jones
3. BJ Sams
4. Yamon Figurs
5. David Reed

I was never vocal about it but I wasn't sold on Jacoby when he came here. I think his success is a testament to our organization and our coaches more than anything else but as a man I love Jones. Couldn't be happier for him and for our team.