Photo

The Necessary Cuts

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: The Necessary Cuts (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you pick?

1. Ed Reed (21 votes [6.89%])

Percentage of vote: 6.89%

2. Paul Kruger (30 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

3. Bryant McKinnie (18 votes [5.90%])

Percentage of vote: 5.90%

4. Art Jones (6 votes [1.97%])

Percentage of vote: 1.97%

5. Dennis Pitta (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Dannell Ellerbe (3 votes [0.98%])

Percentage of vote: 0.98%

7. Ma'ake Kemoeatu (53 votes [17.38%])

Percentage of vote: 17.38%

8. Ed Dickson (28 votes [9.18%])

Percentage of vote: 9.18%

9. Cary Williams (66 votes [21.64%])

Percentage of vote: 21.64%

10. James Ihedigbo (28 votes [9.18%])

Percentage of vote: 9.18%

11. Josh Bynes (32 votes [10.49%])

Percentage of vote: 10.49%

12. Other (20 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Who would you prefer the Ravens' front office cut to make room for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco's huge new contract? Keep in mind Baltimore's priorities and budget. [would've posted more choices, but I ran out of space on the Poll}
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#2 shootyoup

shootyoup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Just putting this out there for discussion, would cutting Suggs or Rice help our cap at all? I DONT want to see Suggs go, but if the FO has reason to believe he won't be the same player, we can't pay him his huge salary. In regards to Rice, I think rb is the most overvalued position as the line does most the work anyways. If cutting Rice meant bringing back Reed, Ellerbe, Flacco, and keeping Boldin, I would do it. Pierce is not the blocker or receiver that Rice is, but he is just as good a runner.

#3 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Too soon Poe, too soon. All of these guys are SB winning Ravens. None of them deserve to be talked about getting cut tonight.
Posted Image

#4 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Too soon Poe, too soon. All of these guys are SB winning Ravens. None of them deserve to be talked about getting cut tonight.

Agree. They'll be plenty of time for this discussion down the road. Right now, relax, and enjoy.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#5 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

This is too soon man. Ravens as a TEAM just won the superbowl. Lets celebrate pls

#6 HaX

HaX

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

I don't think we'll get rid of pitta

#7 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Cary Williams is good money! I'm surprised so many people are voting for him. I wouldn't want to cut too many parts of the defense, given Lewis' departure and Reed and Suggs' aging.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#8 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

This is too soon man. Ravens as a TEAM just won the superbowl. Lets celebrate pls

Alright, vote tomorrow if you'd prefer!

#9 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Let's table this discussion for a week or until the parade at least. These guys deserve their 15 minutes and moreeeee!!! We have to say goodbye to Ray too...it has been a long season, enjoy the ride, soak up every second.

23jjplx.jpg

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Let's table this discussion for a week or until the parade at least. These guys deserve their 15 minutes and moreeeee!!! We have to say goodbye to Ray too...it has been a long season, enjoy the ride, soak up every second.

Just looking ahead! Maybe if we buy enough Ravens merchandise, the Ravens can retain all their players! :ravensquote:

#11 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Cary Williams is good money! I'm surprised so many people are voting for him. I wouldn't want to cut too many parts of the defense, given Lewis' departure and Reed and Suggs' aging.

Cary Williams is requesting too much he and Paul kruger both request around 8-10 million a year...no way we will retain them. With the emergance of Brown, and Graham and Webb coming back next year Williams isnt a big need. Dont think we retain Williams or Kruger unless they take low contracts

Edited by Purple_ICE 81, 04 February 2013 - 02:15 AM.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Cary Williams is requesting too much he and Paul kruger both request around 8-10 million a year...no way we will retain them. With the emergance of Brown, and Graham and Webb coming back next year Williams isnt a big need. Dont think we retain Williams or Kruger unless they take low contracts

BAL needs to retain Kruger, at the very least. He's one of the anchors of BAL's defense.

#13 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Just putting this out there for discussion, would cutting Suggs or Rice help our cap at all? I DONT want to see Suggs go, but if the FO has reason to believe he won't be the same player, we can't pay him his huge salary. In regards to Rice, I think rb is the most overvalued position as the line does most the work anyways. If cutting Rice meant bringing back Reed, Ellerbe, Flacco, and keeping Boldin, I would do it. Pierce is not the blocker or receiver that Rice is, but he is just as good a runner.

No it wouldn't, it would still detract a lot of money from the cap. Rice will probably be traded in a year or two, but he'll be on the team next season for sure because of all the guaranteed money we'd still be responsible for. If we didn't get bogged down with his contract, that'd be the most logical move, but unfortunately we've hitched our wagon to him for the next few seasons. If Suggs does not return to his DPOY form, our defense next year will be even worse than the one this year. He's our only hope in the short term to turn things around on that side of the ball, no way Sizzle gets cut. Plus, I believe he has $10 million guaranteed that we'd be responsible for.

#14 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

No it wouldn't, it would still detract a lot of money from the cap. Rice will probably be traded in a year or two, but he'll be on the team next season for sure because of all the guaranteed money we'd still be responsible for. If we didn't get bogged down with his contract, that'd be the most logical move, but unfortunately we've hitched our wagon to him for the next few seasons. If Suggs does not return to his DPOY form, our defense next year will be even worse than the one this year. He's our only hope in the short term to turn things around on that side of the ball, no way Sizzle gets cut. Plus, I believe he has $10 million guaranteed that we'd be responsible for.

Good thing BAL now has Pierce to fall back on if they choose to part ways with Rice. As for Suggs, we'll just have to wait and see how his progress goes.

#15 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Our defense ran out of juice in the second half. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are not the huge difference makers anymore (Ed's pick was more on Kap then anyone). Our whole defense basically fell apart, when Ngata got injured. Suggs looked average as well, being outplayed by Kruger.
Most of our talent lies suddenly on our offense. Joe, Torrey, Boldin, Pitta (Seriously take his name off the potential cuts! That ridiculous!) or our OLine (can't believe I just typed it). Pierce and Rice (a fumble again?) had average to mixed performances though.
It's hard to predict, what the FO will need to do in the off-season, but I would assume some minor tweaks to the OL and some major drafting on defense.
I don't know, if we should resign Reed.

Edited by PolishRifle, 04 February 2013 - 03:41 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Our defense ran out of juice in the second half. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are not the huge difference makers anymore (Ed's pick was more on Kap then anyone). Our whole defense basically fell apart, when Ngata got injured. Suggs looked average as well, being outplayed by Kruger.
Most of our talent lies suddenly on our offense. Joe, Torrey, Boldin, Pitta (Seriously take his name off the potential cuts! That ridiculous!) or our OLine (can't believe I just typed it). Pierce and Rice (a fumble again?) had average to mixed performances though.
It's hard to predict, what the FO will need to do in the off-season, but I would assume some minor tweaks to the OL and some major drafting on defense.
I don't know, if we should resign Reed.

Do you want BAL to part ways with 34-year old Bryant McKinnie?

#17 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Would love to see Art, Reed, Pitta, and Kruger all be back. McKinnie would be a plus too. But the rest imo are expendable.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#18 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Do you want BAL to part ways with 34-year old Bryant McKinnie?

Yes, but that one cut will not be enough, imho.

bJNF689.jpg

#19 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yes, but that one cut will not be enough, imho.

For the O-line?

#20 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Would love to see Art, Reed, Pitta, and Kruger all be back. McKinnie would be a plus too. But the rest imo are expendable.

If I had to cut 1 of the players you mentioned, it would be Reed. He simply won't be worth the price he'll demand for the duration of his tenure in the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users