Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BmoreLuv

Now That We Won..Share Your Super Bowl Superstition Here

63 posts in this topic

I bought Madden every year and won the Super Bowl every year in franchise mode.
This year I intentionally didn't buy Madden solely based on superstition. I craved to see the real thing, and now thanks to the whole entire Ravens Nation its a reality. I watched every snap of our season, and I'm proud to say....We're Super Bowl Champions!!!! I can now buy Madden asap sharp... RAVENS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! Say it again.....

What did you do???

I watched the game by myself and ignored my friends. Of course they aren't Ravens fans and would have heckled me the entire game, but still I watched every game by myself during the season and the playoffs and had to do it for this game.

I know that a lot of you guys will neg me for this..but every game this season that there was a possibility of losing (including this one) I just leave the room and not watch the game. I know I miss out on a lot of great finishes but it seemed to work every time.

I'm never involved in any type of bet that includes the Ravens whatsoever.

I didn't even try the coin flip for free pizza event that Papa Johns held (although they did it for me since I was a rewards member).

We went through this a few days ago. I am very hairy (playoff beard) and I smell really bad (haven't washed my shirt since the Colts game and wore it every day).

I also took a few walks outside during the SB. Get some fresh air and I didn't watch any of the goalline stand.

I stay home and watch SB with my wife and son, just like I did with the rest of post season games although big party has been thrown in my family since the playoff...

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1359955344' post='1343602']
Copious amounts of beer. And Ravens Wood wine.

I'm a mess. And I love the Ravens.

Well done boys.
[/quote]

Don't crack a beer til the W is in the bag (games out here usually start @ 11 am, and I'm dragging my a** out of bed and searching for coffee)

broke that superstition today @ the power outage when it looked like the game was in the bag. Boy, did I f*** up.

I think its Ravenslifer who won't even watch the game. I think it was him who said he wouldn't watch the Super Bowl because they play better.

There were so many. After that stupid power outage, all my superstitions went out the window. :D

Either case, so happy. :)

Every game this year I let my 5 year old daughter plug in our inflatable Ravens player that stands next to the TV while we watch games. I made her plug it in before we left to go watch the SB at another person's house. She was a bit confused. LOL

I pace in circles on 3rd downs/red zones... Every time...

I was doing this in at a packed out Buffalo Wild Wings tonight with a ton of bandwagon 49er fans and it was glorious

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1359957503' post='1343724']
[b]I pace in circles on 3rd downs/red zones... Every time...[/b]

I was doing this in at a packed out Buffalo Wild Wings tonight with a ton of bandwagon 49er fans and it was glorious
[/quote]

I paced the entire game. I counted! I paced my living room 257 times.

I can't wait to shave off my playoff beard tomorrow.

I bought the Ravens Superbowl Sideline hat earlier in the week: [url="http://www.baltimoreravensstore.com/ravens-super-bowl-xlvii-59fifty-fitted-media-daysideline-hat-black/detail.php?p=442398&v=ravens_hats"]http://www.baltimore...8&v=ravens_hats[/url]

But I've been wearing a hard hat with the Ravens logo on it during the playoffs. Tonight for whatever reason I started wearing the hard hat when the defense was on the field, and the sideline hat when the offense was on the field. It seemed to work as the times when I forgot to switch hats was when things would go wrong on a play.

Also I wore a white jersey, and wore my purple camo bandanna that hasn't been washed since the start of the playoffs.

ETA: Forgot about the playoff beard, which now has to be shaved off, but maybe after the parade ;-)

My girlfriend had my Ray Lewis black jersey for over a year at her house. When Ray announced his retirement I called her and demanded that she bring my jersey so that I could wear it on game day ( Colts playoff game ) so we are officially 4-0 since I've worn my Black Ray Lewis jersey. Lol.

Also this is the first year that I have never talked trash to anyone during football season. Now if someone wanted to argue/debate football or were talking trash about the ravens then I had to unleash.

[quote name='Briana4HTexans' timestamp='1359957646' post='1343729']
Go Texans
[/quote]

Yea! their golf swing is looking great!

Kidding. I like the Texans. Rather see them win it then Denver, NE or Pitt.

I scream (including the entire family) every time we score a TD or cause a turnover on D. I'm talking about SCREAMING. Like, sore throat for at least 2 days... we crazy....

I wonder if they recorded the "I can't take it" guy tonight. LOL I know I couldnt take it. My Dad and I ordered the same stuff from Papa Johns every week. Large pepperoni pizza light on the sauce, garlic parmesan breadsticks and 3 cheese sauce cups. I wore my Ravens football shirt my gf got me for our 2-year anniversary, my boldin jersey over that and my Ray Lewis jersey over that. And to signify this game being a battle I wore ACU camo pants. And before every snap on Defense, I'd yell, "Come on D!" Wow. Super Bowl Champions. Sounds awesome.

Went to church today as I've done every Sunday in the playoffs (one exception was the weekend I went to Saturday mass because we played the Colts on Sunday).

Wore my Ray Rice jersey t-shirt I got for the start of the season. With that wore my black Renaissance hat. (I tried wearing a purple deerstalker Ravens hat in December but we lost 3 games in a row.)

All my family had to be watching the game in my Living Room wearing their lucky shirts and taking their lucky seats. I usually paced in the first half of the game and could only hear updates on the radio, but we started making miraculously plays when I made myself sit in the room to watch. The Denver Bronco's miraculous win came after I resigned myself to a loss and said I had to at least see Ray Lewis's last minutes of game play. I didn't move from my seat until that game was won.

This time we all sat in the Living room through the power outage and prayed the rest of the game.

Oh and I made sure I got heckled by my Colts-loving coworker who's insisted we were "just lucky" and would lose the next game. I've so enjoyed coming into work on Monday and doing my victory dance in his face. He's gonna get a double dose tomorrow.

My son had his roommate over and I think I scared the Bejesus out of him, I am extremely vocal, throw crap and no one will sit next to me except my puppy--I think she is too stupid to move lol I had my lucky holey t-shirt on, earrings and pants on lol