Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cursona pirate

So now what?

25 posts in this topic

We won the SuperBowl. After all the celebrating what is the next thing to cheer for? Another SuperBowl win? Expectations just as high?

Chill for an offseason, laugh at all of my Steeler-fan friends for a while, then get ready to do it again next year. Remember this was a season where we were totally banged up and went through offensive identity crisis. I think this was just the beginning of how good this team can really be.

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1359952507' post='1343414']
Chill for an offseason, laugh at all of my Steeler-fan friends for a while, then get ready to do it again next year.
[/quote]

Cap Issues, Super Bowl hangover, none of it matters right now. We just won the SB. We get a break.

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/0bb57f5a52379172f86fd84127d7f77c/tumblr_mglpjri1aF1qch3czo1_500.jpg[/img]

see you in '14... my love's got the t-shirt... long ride to come my man

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1359952350' post='1343399']
We won the SuperBowl. After all the celebrating [b]what is the next thing to cheer for?[/b] Another SuperBowl win? Expectations just as high?
[/quote]

Disney Land brah!

~Mili

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Call off work on Monday 'cause if I go... I'm doing NOTHING!!! (You know, per usual... only WORSE!)[/i][/font]

AFAIC, we enjoy this and get back to it later. Right now, we are the Super Bowl Champions. We are the one team standing. Nothing to do but bask in the glory. Later on we can worry about next season.

Im just going to enjoy the win, flaunt my purple, and dream about what kind of awesome season we can have next year.

Prepare for the draft and contract talks with our free agents, watch huge roster turnover,as we continue to let young guys step up

[quote name='jdynamite' timestamp='1359953675' post='1343504']
Prepare for the draft and contract talks with our free agents, watch huge roster turnover,as we continue to let young guys step up
[/quote]
We are young enough to go back to a SB. We prepare for that

really? man....coming off a winning SB and question what celebrate?...chill pill...

Now they go back to work and try to fix the team. There are a lot of things the FO is going to have to deal with. We don't have a long term left tackle, and in all likelihood McKinnie will get more money elsewhere so we don't have a good short term option either. We're losing Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and at least Paul Kruger if not Ellerbe as well. If Gradkowski can't play center the line will be in even worse shape. We're right up against the cap when Joe is tagged/signed with a lot of holes. This will be a hard off-season and there are a lot of obstacles standing in the way of a repeat.

Sorry for being the downer, I'm glad we won, but I'm trying to look toward the future as well.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359953945' post='1343524']
We are young enough to go back to a SB. We prepare for that
[/quote]

We have plenty of young talent but they have to develop further. Sure we drafted Geno for C, Asa at CB, C.Thomp at S, young WRs etc but those guys are going to be getting much more playing time next year will need to be productive. Upshaw will be great opposite suggs. I hope we can keep Ellerbe. not sure what will happen with Boldin contract, JJones, Cary can walk, Kruger will either get over paid or ask for too much for a one-dimensional player, LT will be an issue McKinnie showed up for this playoff run and looked great but can he be depended on next season ?

Let's just celebrate for a few days bro!

Even though we all know I'm gonna be on here tomorrow talking business.

I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy the endorphins. Smile is still on my face .. if it's still there after tomorrow, I may have to see a doctor to get it removed. Enjoy this moment ... I've waited 12 years to experience it again ... don't rush through it.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Honestly, as excited as I am, I may not be able to sleep... but I have to try.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Goodnight Ravens Nation, BSHU-Midwest loves you!! *super hug*[/i][/font]

Gotta franchise Flacco! Gotta re-sign Super Bowl-din, McKinnie, Ellerbe and everyone else!