Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

[News] Art Modell Denied Hall of Fame Entry

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Clevland was without a team for 2 seasons. We were without a team for 12 seasons. Clevland was able to keep the Browns name and log. Irsay took the colts name and logo with him to Indy. So has a bigger right to have been ticked off the most? Clevleand fans think they were robbed out of the success of the team that should have been theres. Nah, the Browns sucked then and they still suck, so the tradition still continues. It would be so cool that if Ray Lewis held the Lombardi and held it up and said "this is for you Art" lol lol

#42 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yet another reason to hoist that trophy. There is no question that if we are lucky enough to see ourselves in that position, Ray is going to speak on behalf of Art and how he is in the Hall of Fame in our hearts. All another part of telling the rest of the football world to stick it ... you don't want Art in, but that's OK because he doesn't need your validation for us that he belongs. You don't want us to win it all, but too bad, because that's not going to stop us - it will only make us stronger.

#43 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

*loudest manure chant ever*

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 03 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#44 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

If any Browns fans who are reading this have a problem with your team, I suggest you take it up with your former owner Randy Learner whose family ran the new Browns for 14 years with only one playoff appearance or new owner Jimmy Haslam who sold the naming rights to Cleveland Browns Stadium which is now First Energy Stadium and not with Art Modell, he is not responsible for the new Browns failures!

#45 wrm#1

wrm#1

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Really,the hall of fame has lost all its' meaning....Hall of Shame should be it's title! Really,they owe the Modell family an apology.... the league owes the Modell family an apology!!! Until Art goes in the hall has no meaning.... the way to signify a proper name is thru the use of CAPITAL letters so hear goes 'Hall of Shame!

#46 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Art got his revenge tonight by the team who honored his memory with a superbowl win.

#47 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm convinced this was the motivation to put us over the top. Thanks NFL. Art will get in eventually. For Art!
"Don't stop huntin'! Don't stop huntin'! Until you have him up on your wall!"-Ray Lewis to Terrell Suggs on hunting 49ers QB Alex Smith

#48 Tyche

Tyche

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Let me make this clear to the Cleveland Fans and Media: Until and unless you find it in your heart to forgive Art Modell, your beloved Browns will never even come close to sniffing post-season.

#49 Johnny K

Johnny K

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I applaud the judges and committee for their ethics and honor of the sport. Art bailed on a city because they could not give him a new stadium and the other things he demanded at the time. He showed no loyalty to a group of fans who would rival any group, from any sport, period. Supporting their team, loosing year after loosing year, they stood tall and cheered. They didn%u2019t even let him take the name Browns, it meant so much to them.

%u201CFollow the money.%u201D No owner should be honored for bailing out on any city with a team, Browns, Colts, whomever. They left cities and put people out of work and disrupted lives and fans for a better deal. Sure, they made jobs and happy fans in another city. If that is a good argument, lets have a hall of fame for every corporate owner who has moved his company to another city, or country like China, or India. So, it was a great deal for that company at the time. If you believe in that idea, I can see why you think Art should be let in. Bottom line, I see no difference.

No, the H.O.F. should be reserved for those who are true to the sport itself in every way. Lets not taint it with just anyone who has put in many years and a bunch of money. As fans, we have done that as well. Should we be in the H.O.F.? It should not be diluted and take the value away from those who have really put forth their all, earning it. People can be forgiven for the wrong they have done, but should they then be applauded? |I think not. However, I am sorry he is gone and could not be there yesterday. After all, he did deserve that.

#50 knappy 26

knappy 26

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

I am a Cleveland fan and I can't believe out of all places Baltimore wants to bash Cleveland fans and the NFL for not allowing a backstabing owner into the Hall of Fame.If Ursay got in all of you would be furious and you would have every right to be! After all the losing seasons we've had in Cleveland we are still in the upper teir of ticket sales each year.In 95 we were predicted to go to the Superbowl until Benidict Art wanted MORE MONEY.After the news got out the team went flat.If you don't believe me watch Cleveland 95 on youtube. So if you are a Baltimore fan that respects our pain from that then I'm not talking to you but if your a punk fan that wants to say it's Cleveland's fault then you can rot in hell!

#51 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Let me make this clear to the Cleveland Fans and Media: Until and unless you find it in your heart to forgive Art Modell, your beloved Browns will never even come close to sniffing post-season.

Why was this even allowed to be negged? And why are Clowns fans allowed here? Especially during the post-season? I mean really, dudes. You're just making yourself look worse. Would I be mad if Irsay got in? Yeah. Would I trash talk him after death? No. Your stadium was leaking. Oh he's a backstabber. You know what else? You also got your name back. And wait a second. What's this? A Hall of Famer says what? http://www.nfl.com/n...t-over-the-move Get over it. By the way I hope you enjoyed your whaaburger and french cries on the couch and washed em down with a whinekin when we won the Super Bowl.
"Don't stop huntin'! Don't stop huntin'! Until you have him up on your wall!"-Ray Lewis to Terrell Suggs on hunting 49ers QB Alex Smith

#52 knappy 26

knappy 26

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Our stadium was leaking?! That's why he moved?!You Raven fans are clueless!First off....I never trashed him,I spoke the truth and the truth is he was offered a stadium in Cleveland but he turned that down for more money.And having a name and an organization back does not change the fact that after what he did to the Browns he doesn't deserve to get in to the hall of fame.Just about every other fan understands that one except for a Gayven fan.That one move took him out of the discussion so YOU GET OVER THAT!He's screwed and will never get in.Chalk one up for Cleveland!And if Ursay was up for the hall of fame you would bash it.Don't lie.I hope they drop a bomb on the stadium with you in it.

#53 knappy 26

knappy 26

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Before you go blaming the Browns for Art not getting in...it wasn't the Browns that stopped him....it was the NFL.And I saw someone else say we should boycott everything that comes out of Cleveland for Art not getting in.Here's a thought....you better start with the Ravens.That's the biggest thing you ever got from Cleveland so you better boycott it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users