52 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

The former Ravens owner will not be one of the five people enshrined in the Hall of Fame this year.

View the full article

#2 partmachine

partmachine

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

This is trash. Very upset.

#3 RavensFootballFan

RavensFootballFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

A disgrace that Art Modell is not selected for Hall of Fame, since this is a family site, I`ll leave it at that. Congrats to Odgen. Never give up the fight for Art Modell.

#4 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

This is unbelievable

#5 n#7

n#7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just saw a reprise of the 2000-01 season and all that can be said is Thanks Art! His day will come but let's win this one in remembrance to the one who returned football back to charm city. Let's Roll!

#6 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Tony Grossi is a petty person.
Posted Image

#7 law215

law215

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

What's amazing and truly disrespectful is that a lot of these media, writer who are voters wouldnot earn the salary they hae if not for the early work Art Modell put in to generate popularity of NFL. All of this cause he moved to another town. He left them they name which is more than what was done for Baltimore fans. As a former Colts fans I get the disappointment but its been over 16 years and Cleveland has a team.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 02 February 2013 - 08:51 PM.
Insults removed

#8 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Tony Grossi is a petty person.

"Grossi and Baltimore media representative Scott Garceau of 105.7 The Fan both presented to the committe on behalf of Modell’s candidacy"

Totally. How dare he encourage the committee to put Modell in the HOF.

Modell will get in eventually, even if today wasn't his day. As soon as the Browns string together a couple of winning seasons all of the animosity will go away, the same way that almost no Ravens fans born after the 00s care about the Irsay's because of what we have now.

#9 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

No words, at least none that could or would be re-printed here.

#10 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Lets win Sb tomorrow, Art would be proud of that.

#11 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I cant understand how the innovator of monday night football owner of the browns who made a good buisness decision in moving them to baltimore it was a blessing 4 us but its all about dollars and cents and clevlands wasnt adding up so u have 2 move on. Modell deserves it that sound personal hes not in the h.o.f and i thought the vote process wasnt based on that

#12 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

So we get picked against for the super bowl by every 1 and Modell doesn't get in man if i was lewis right now i would be like O.........O no weapon formed against us Grrrrr capernik u gona get hit, hit hard.

#13 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

What a shame Art did not get in . He'll be smiling tomorrow wherever he is . Ironically Cleveland built a new stadium for their new team which is all Art asked for . He'll forever be remembered by all Ravens fans .

#14 bmoreravens21784

bmoreravens21784

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Its a shame he didn't get in, doesn't matter as much though because he'll be smiling a whole lot tomorrow.

Edited by bmoreravens21784, 02 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#15 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hence why we need to bring this trophy back to Baltimore... Art was classy enough to leave Cleveland their franchise name, colors, logos, etc... so that they could reform an expansion team. Which was a whole lot more than the Colts left us in Baltimore... Took us 14 years to get a team... Took them 3 to restructure and get going again...

Bring it home boys... for our guy ART!

#16 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Sadly, I think that as long as the HOF is near Cleveland Art will not be getting in. There are too many panelists who are swayed by the fan vote.

#17 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Canton sucks!!!! Is it the hall of fame or the hall that Cleveland approves. The voters are gutless wonders who should be disbanded. Cleveland has not produce anything that is worthwhile. I mean a dirty player like Warren Sapp gets in he gets in Vick is a sure in. Art Modell deserves to be in the hall of fame. He gave them many chances to keep the team it is not his fault they were not smart enough to act. Clevweland stop this petty pouting or I hope that browns leave again L.A. needs a team

#18 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

this is a shame .

#19 ravinmaniac52

ravinmaniac52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

As much as he did for the game, and for bring a team back to the greatest NFL city in the world, owners, GMs and coaches need their own place. If your going to put these people in the HOF with players, use another vote not with the players.

#20 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Bump'em, Art can watch his Team go for another Lombardi Trophy Sunday! If the NFL was the Mafia, Art would be the Godfather! I live in Cleveland and you got a few Busta's that think they speak for everyone and thats not so! They cant stop the Inevitable! Every Raven thats goes to the HOF is taking a piece of Art with them! Let the HOF know what they are MISSING!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users