#1 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Art and the HOF Class of 2013

I really hope this is Mr. Modell's year. He has done more for the NFL than most folks want to admit. He changed the game, hired the first minority GM, and helped create Monday Night Football. Cleveland can grudge this all the want but keeping this man out of the Hall of Fame is a travesty!

Thanks Mr. Modell for giving us the Ravens. You truly played like a Raven!
Asked what it’s like to see a deep ball from Flacco, Jones likened it to Starburst candy.
“It’s juicy, it’s good,” Jones said. “It’s like candy. Everybody loves candy. Who don’t like candy?”

"We got the better Harbaugh!" Sherry Huggler

"My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things - embarrassing, inexcusable, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it." Mike Tomlin (a cheating Stealer)

#2 BohBalmerOsbohs

BohBalmerOsbohs

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Cleveland will stop it, as usual. I dont think it will happen

Posted Image

"Talk is cheap. Let's go play." Johnny Unitas

#3 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'd like to see it happen, but if I were a betting man I think Jonathan Ogden will be first Raven in the Hall of Fame.

#4 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,178 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

For some reason, I see both Art and JO getting in the class of 2013 to start off the weekend well for the Ravens.

#5 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Cleveland will stop it, as usual. I dont think it will happen

Yeah but think of this:

He's a finalist this year. Before this, he hadn't even ever gotten this far.

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#6 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Great topic, its actually about time we've discussed this more.

The Super Bowl has brought a lot of attention to the Ravens, and therefore Art as well. This season has been for the Modell's perhaps more than ever before. Ozzie Newsome and John Harbaugh are actively campaigning this week to appeal to everyones senses; Art Modell's resume is a lock for the hall of fame and that idea is gaining traction.

Think of this, without Art there is no Baltimore Ravens, and there is no Monday night Football. For the love of all that is holy let the man into the Hall of Fame!!

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#7 SF-Wald

SF-Wald

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Eddie D > Art

Eddie won 5 SBs and Had 16 straight seasons of 10 or more wins. Eddie deserves to be in the hall.

#8 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Eddie D > Art

Eddie won 5 SBs and Had 16 straight seasons of 10 or more wins. Eddie deserves to be in the hall.

Where in my post did it say anything about Eddie? Not sure why you felt the need to post yet another "this 49er trumps that Raven" comment. Can you keep that to the game day thread and show respect for a pioneer of the modern NFL?
Asked what it’s like to see a deep ball from Flacco, Jones likened it to Starburst candy.
“It’s juicy, it’s good,” Jones said. “It’s like candy. Everybody loves candy. Who don’t like candy?”

"My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things - embarrassing, inexcusable, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it." Mike Tomlin (a cheating Stealer)

#9 SF-Wald

SF-Wald

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Where in my post did it say anything about Eddie? Not sure why you felt the need to post yet another "this 49er trumps that Raven" comment. Can you keep that to the game day thread and show respect for a pioneer of the modern NFL?

Sorry, I should have elaborated so it did not look like I was disrespecting Mr Modell. Only five people can be inducted every year and I just don't think two owners will make it in the same year. I think both should make it, but most likely only one at most will. If so, I think Eddie has the upper hand. The Hall being in Ohio can't help Art either (Eddie having roots in OH and obviously Art moving the browns).

I wasn't trying to argue and be a blind homer. I just think Eddie deserves to be in the hall with all of his accomplishments.

Edited by SF-Wald, 02 February 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#10 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Sorry, I should have elaborated so it did not look like I was disrespecting Mr Modell. Only five people can be inducted every year and I just don't think two owners will make it in the same year. I think both should make it, but most likely only one at most will. If so, I think Eddie has the upper hand. The Hall being in Ohio can't help either (Eddie having roots in OH and obviously Art moving the browns).

I wasn't trying to argue and be a blind homer. I just think Eddie deserves to be in the hall with all of his accomplishments.

Thanks. I was hoping that there was some more consistency to your post than a trolling effort. Sporting arguments are always appreciated around here.

:268213:

#11 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,031 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

No offense to the 49ers fans. I appreciate other fans coming here so we can talk football. It's fun. With that said, I can't wait for this SB to be over so you guys don't come here anymore.

I hope Modell & 75 make it. Long overdue.

#12 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Art was eliminated.

Hopefully JO gets in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users