Photo

Mr. Bisciotti...The best owner in the NFL!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Kevin Byrne did an excellent interview with our owner and he's quite a remarkable man; unlike any NFL owner I've ever seen. Check out this video if you haven't already.

http://www.baltimore...ff-6c4cc9e8ad86
"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#2 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,185 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yup

Edited by codizzle, 02 February 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#3 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

A very down-to-earth owner. I'm very impressed with the man.

Another good interview to listen to:

Bisciotti Sits Down To Talk With WBAL

Friday, February 01, 2013
Ashley Michelle Williams, Brettt Hollander, and Keith Mills

http://www.wbal.com/...-Talk-With-WBAL-

Edited by Thunderbird, 02 February 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#4 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Who's the worst owner in the NFL, Shahid Khan?

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

That's an easy answer. Dan Snyder. Guy runs his organization like a fan would. Always getting his FO to go after high priced FAs. Switching coaches before they can lay the groundwork for a system because they aren't winning right away.

Jerry Jones also falls into this category. Sometimes its best to install a plan and let the football minds deal with the football.
Posted Image

#6 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

That's an easy answer. Dan Snyder. Guy runs his organization like a fan would. Always getting his FO to go after high priced FAs. Switching coaches before they can lay the groundwork for a system because they aren't winning right away.

Jerry Jones also falls into this category. Sometimes its best to install a plan and let the football minds deal with the football.

I would say Jerry Jones, except he makes boatloads of money, which is the ultimate purpose of privately-owned teams. The Cowboys have been one of the 5 most valuable sports franchises for ages. Who does Dan Snyder own?

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#7 TheRavenouseD2008

TheRavenouseD2008

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

I heard rumors Steve frequents around tailgating areas

" We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We

weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not

supposed to be here, but we are." Grant Taylor " Facing the

Giants"   (reminds me of us last year and maybe this year as well)

#8 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

what he does is allow his people and team do their job, like he said, he's a fan and lets Ozzie and John explain why they did something the way they did exc. unlike many owners in ths league that like to showcase their power and money... Steve is a guy whom much rather be in the background... an unknown. doesn't like the spotlight. I think that's the best quality the man has for this team. lets the people do their jobs.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#9 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

How fortunate are we to have a terrific owner to be fan of the team? I'm glad he's able to add his insight from a fan's perspective and get answers, even though we won't get them (so to speak). I like his hands off approach, but his ability to question ensures that we have an organization that is ran nice and tight. Not to mention this organization is ran as one of the best class act organizations out there.

Thank you Steve for being a terrific owner!

Posted Image

#10 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Simply put. Micro Managing makes any organization unsuccessful. Cowboys, Redskins? Yeah follow Bisciottis approach and your team might make it somewhere. You let your managers manage
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#11 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

A very down-to-earth owner. I'm very impressed with the man.

Another good interview to listen to:

Bisciotti Sits Down To Talk With WBAL

Friday, February 01, 2013
Ashley Michelle Williams, Brettt Hollander, and Keith Mills

http://www.wbal.com/...-Talk-With-WBAL-

Thanks for those links! When he speaks of Mr. Modell's induction into the HOF its with heartfelt passion; never asking Cleveland to forgive but to at least acknowledge his accomplishments. Mr. Bisciotti seems a personable man and I dare say that Art gets inducted through the strength of his arguments. Good stuff and thanks again.
"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#12 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I really think Art & JO go to the HOF this year. And then we win the Super Bowl. It seems like the fitting end to the season.

I'm so glad we have an owner like Steve B. He's so cool and calm. I love how he doesn't impose his will on the team. He's an excellent owner. My kinda guy.

Edited by GrimCoconut, 02 February 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#13 JohnnyBoy8102

JohnnyBoy8102

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

what he does is allow his people and team do their job, like he said, he's a fan and lets Ozzie and John explain why they did something the way they did exc. unlike many owners in ths league that like to showcase their power and money... Steve is a guy whom much rather be in the background... an unknown. doesn't like the spotlight. I think that's the best quality the man has for this team. lets the people do their jobs.

I agree. He is the type of owner that team personnel types strive to work for.
"There are six, seven players in front of me [financially] at my position that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."- Ed Reed

"Your a joke." -Mr. GM

#14 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

No doubt about this! We Ravens fans are definitely blessed with a great owner.

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#15 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

This team is built on character, class and leadership. "Play like a Raven" is about more than football - it's about courage, loyalty, selflessness, and giving your all to those around you. You see it in the community as well as on the field.

Those values come from the top down, and are instrumental in attracting the quality of players we are lucky to have here.
Thank you, Mr. Bisciotti.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

#16 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I heard rumors Steve frequents around tailgating areas

I heard that also, he mentioned something about it like before some home games exc he likes to tailgate with some fans before heading into the Suite, he said that he's a fan just like everyone else... the only difference is that... unlike regular fans... he can go straight to Ozzie and/or John and they HAVE to explain why they did something a certain way. he said like every fan out there, he gets heated just like a fan would and goes to ozzie or john and lets them explain the situation. so that he himself understands. and does let his emotions get the best of him. Understanding.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Steve is no doubt the best owner of all time in my mind; also, we have to thank Art who starts with the organization with the best staffs and finds us the best owner to take over his throne. Art is the greatest founder and Steve is the greatest successor.....

PS: Let's step back and appreaciate what we got and use it when we are down.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'd go with Snyder. He's very hands on, and that's not good when you have no real knowledge of how to build a team. You look at some of the more successful teams out there, New England, Baltimore, Philadelphia for a long time, Green Bay, etc. all of their owners (except GB which is like a collective ownership or something) hire football people and defer to football people. They understand the patience of building a team, and then adding free agents to augment what they already have. Snyder has tried for a very, very long time to buy his way to an elite team - Deion Sanders, Adam Archuleta, Jerimiah Trotter, Bruce Smith, Albert Haynseworth, Brandon Lloyd - the list goes on and on of guys he's spent big money on that weren't worth it, and he's still going with signings like Merriweather, Morgan, Garcon.

#19 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Steve is no doubt the best owner of all time in my mind; also, we have to thank Art who starts with the organization with the best staffs and finds us the best owner to take over his throne. Art is the greatest founder and Steve is the greatest successor.....

PS: Let's step back and appreaciate what we got and use it when we are down.....

I would have to respectfully disagree. Robert Kraft turned one of the perennial losing teams into possibly the greatest NFL dynasty post-merger. The Patriots have gone to 5 Super Bowls from 2001-2011, winning 3 of them in 4 years. They have won their division 9 of the last 11 years. They are 1 of only 2 teams to have ever gone undefeated in the regular season. The Patriots are also a marketer's dream come true with model/celebrity Tom Brady and hordes of bandwagoners across the globe buying NE merchandise.

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#20 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,678 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

He's the perfect owner! I really wish he owned the Orioles as well. -_-
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users