Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poedacrow

Mr. Bisciotti...The best owner in the NFL!

25 posts in this topic

Kevin Byrne did an excellent interview with our owner and he's quite a remarkable man; unlike any NFL owner I've ever seen. Check out this video if you haven't already.

[url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/A-Personal-Interview-With-Steve-Bisciotti/0293fa4a-2fb5-4035-86ff-6c4cc9e8ad86"]http://www.baltimore...ff-6c4cc9e8ad86[/url]

A very down-to-earth owner. I'm very impressed with the man.

Another good interview to listen to:

[size=5][b][color=#800080]Bisciotti Sits Down To Talk With WBAL [/color][/b] [/size]

[size=3]Friday, February 01, 2013
Ashley Michelle Williams, Brettt Hollander, and Keith Mills[/size]

[url="http://www.wbal.com/article/97301/2/template-story/Bisciotti-Sits-Down-To-Talk-With-WBAL"]http://www.wbal.com/...-Talk-With-WBAL[/url]-

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359783565' post='1338290']
Who's the worst owner in the NFL, Shahid Khan?
[/quote]

That's an easy answer. Dan Snyder. Guy runs his organization like a fan would. Always getting his FO to go after high priced FAs. Switching coaches before they can lay the groundwork for a system because they aren't winning right away.

Jerry Jones also falls into this category. Sometimes its best to install a plan and let the football minds deal with the football.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359784728' post='1338302']
That's an easy answer. Dan Snyder. Guy runs his organization like a fan would. Always getting his FO to go after high priced FAs. Switching coaches before they can lay the groundwork for a system because they aren't winning right away.

Jerry Jones also falls into this category. Sometimes its best to install a plan and let the football minds deal with the football.
[/quote]

I would say Jerry Jones, except he makes boatloads of money, which is the ultimate purpose of privately-owned teams. The Cowboys have been one of the 5 most valuable sports franchises for ages. Who does Dan Snyder own?

what he does is allow his people and team do their job, like he said, he's a fan and lets Ozzie and John explain why they did something the way they did exc. unlike many owners in ths league that like to showcase their power and money... Steve is a guy whom much rather be in the background... an unknown. doesn't like the spotlight. I think that's the best quality the man has for this team. lets the people do their jobs.

How fortunate are we to have a terrific owner to be fan of the team? I'm glad he's able to add his insight from a fan's perspective and get answers, even though we won't get them (so to speak). I like his hands off approach, but his ability to question ensures that we have an organization that is ran nice and tight. Not to mention this organization is ran as one of the best class act organizations out there.

Thank you Steve for being a terrific owner!

Simply put. Micro Managing makes any organization unsuccessful. Cowboys, Redskins? Yeah follow Bisciottis approach and your team might make it somewhere. You let your managers manage

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1359782766' post='1338284']
A very down-to-earth owner. I'm very impressed with the man.

Another good interview to listen to:

[size=5][b][color=#800080]Bisciotti Sits Down To Talk With WBAL [/color][/b] [/size]

[size=3]Friday, February 01, 2013
Ashley Michelle Williams, Brettt Hollander, and Keith Mills[/size]

[url="http://www.wbal.com/article/97301/2/template-story/Bisciotti-Sits-Down-To-Talk-With-WBAL"]http://www.wbal.com/...-Talk-With-WBAL[/url]-
[/quote] Thanks for those links! When he speaks of Mr. Modell's induction into the HOF its with heartfelt passion; never asking Cleveland to forgive but to at least acknowledge his accomplishments. Mr. Bisciotti seems a personable man and I dare say that Art gets inducted through the strength of his arguments. Good stuff and thanks again.

I really think Art & JO go to the HOF this year. And then we win the Super Bowl. It seems like the fitting end to the season.

I'm so glad we have an owner like Steve B. He's so cool and calm. I love how he doesn't impose his will on the team. He's an excellent owner. My kinda guy.

[quote name='Raven07' timestamp='1359788772' post='1338325']
what he does is allow his people and team do their job, like he said, he's a fan and lets Ozzie and John explain why they did something the way they did exc. unlike many owners in ths league that like to showcase their power and money... Steve is a guy whom much rather be in the background... an unknown. doesn't like the spotlight. I think that's the best quality the man has for this team. lets the people do their jobs.
[/quote]

I agree. He is the type of owner that team personnel types strive to work for.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359784728' post='1338302']
That's an easy answer. [b] Dan Snyder.[/b] Guy runs his organization like a fan would. Always getting his FO to go after high priced FAs. Switching coaches before they can lay the groundwork for a system because they aren't winning right away.

[b]Jerry Jones[/b] also falls into this category. Sometimes its best to install a plan and let the football minds deal with the football.
[/quote]

No doubt about this! We Ravens fans are definitely blessed with a great owner.

This team is built on character, class and leadership. "Play like a Raven" is about more than football - it's about courage, loyalty, selflessness, and giving your all to those around you. You see it in the community as well as on the field.

Those values come from the top down, and are instrumental in attracting the quality of players we are lucky to have here.
Thank you, Mr. Bisciotti.

[quote name='TheRavenouseD2008' timestamp='1359785261' post='1338308']
I heard rumors Steve frequents around tailgating areas
[/quote]
I heard that also, he mentioned something about it like before some home games exc he likes to tailgate with some fans before heading into the Suite, he said that he's a fan just like everyone else... the only difference is that... unlike regular fans... he can go straight to Ozzie and/or John and they HAVE to explain why they did something a certain way. he said like every fan out there, he gets heated just like a fan would and goes to ozzie or john and lets them explain the situation. so that he himself understands. and does let his emotions get the best of him. Understanding.

Steve is no doubt the best owner of all time in my mind; also, we have to thank Art who starts with the organization with the best staffs and finds us the best owner to take over his throne. Art is the greatest founder and Steve is the greatest successor.....

PS: Let's step back and appreaciate what we got and use it when we are down.....

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1359783565' post='1338290']
Who's the worst owner in the NFL, Shahid Khan?
[/quote]

I'd go with Snyder. He's very hands on, and that's not good when you have no real knowledge of how to build a team. You look at some of the more successful teams out there, New England, Baltimore, Philadelphia for a long time, Green Bay, etc. all of their owners (except GB which is like a collective ownership or something) hire football people and defer to football people. They understand the patience of building a team, and then adding free agents to augment what they already have. Snyder has tried for a very, very long time to buy his way to an elite team - Deion Sanders, Adam Archuleta, Jerimiah Trotter, Bruce Smith, Albert Haynseworth, Brandon Lloyd - the list goes on and on of guys he's spent big money on that weren't worth it, and he's still going with signings like Merriweather, Morgan, Garcon.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1359836815' post='1338647']
[b]Steve is no doubt the best owner of all time in my mind[/b]; also, we have to thank Art who starts with the organization with the best staffs and finds us the best owner to take over his throne. Art is the greatest founder and Steve is the greatest successor.....

PS: Let's step back and appreaciate what we got and use it when we are down.....
[/quote]

I would have to respectfully disagree. Robert Kraft turned one of the perennial losing teams into possibly the greatest NFL dynasty post-merger. The Patriots have gone to 5 Super Bowls from 2001-2011, winning 3 of them in 4 years. They have won their division 9 of the last 11 years. They are 1 of only 2 teams to have ever gone undefeated in the regular season. The Patriots are also a marketer's dream come true with model/celebrity Tom Brady and hordes of bandwagoners across the globe buying NE merchandise.

Almost a year old but whatever http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1122826-ranking-every-nfl-team-owner/page/2

This really has nothing to do with Steve being an owner , but i figured I'd share a story.

My grandfather used to work for a limo business, and used to drive around all kinds of famous people. Everyone from Chris Berman, to Kirby Puckett and Steve Bisciotti. Steve liked my grandfather, so i guess it got to the point where he requested him to drive him to meetings, and all. Everytime my grandpa drove him, he increased the tip. Well one time, he tipped my grandfather VERY generously after having a few drinks. My grandpa drove up the next day, to where Steve used to live, and said he couldn't accept it, cause he thought he was a little drunk. Steve said "No, I knew how much i was giving you." And then offered my grandpa a full-time job, to drive him around to every meeting and everything. He would even buy the car for him and all.

I guess the point of my story is, Bisciotti is a really nice, down to earth guy. He didn't let the fame or fortune really get to him, and is a very remarkable man. Best owner in the NFL.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1359847562' post='1338822']
This really has nothing to do with Steve being an owner , but i figured I'd share a story.

My grandfather used to work for a limo business, and used to drive around all kinds of famous people. Everyone from Chris Berman, to Kirby Puckett and Steve Bisciotti. Steve liked my grandfather, so i guess it got to the point where he requested him to drive him to meetings, and all. Everytime my grandpa drove him, he increased the tip. Well one time, he tipped my grandfather VERY generously after having a few drinks. My grandpa drove up the next day, to where Steve used to live, and said he couldn't accept it, cause he thought he was a little drunk. Steve said "No, I knew how much i was giving you." And then offered my grandpa a full-time job, to drive him around to every meeting and everything. He would even buy the car for him and all.

I guess the point of my story is, Bisciotti is a really nice, down to earth guy. He didn't let the fame or fortune really get to him, and is a very remarkable man. Best owner in the NFL.
[/quote]
Great story, that's really cool.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1359847562' post='1338822']

[/quote]
Your grandpa is very honest man and he deserves the fortune; that's y he met Steve......

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1359843586' post='1338711']
He's the perfect owner! I really wish he owned the Orioles as well. -_-
[/quote]

No doubt. The O's would be better off with a sock puppet as owner.