View the full article

#2 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I knew he would be good but he had a lot of haters here when he was drafted.

#3 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

IDK about a poor mans Adrian Peterson... more like the new McGahee!

#4 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

feed the pierce!!

#5 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

How about Boldin,Pitta&Torrey split out with Bernard&Rice behind Joe under center? Rice splits out on a shift putting the onus on coverage to the SF linbackers. We run from this one back spread line up or even stack the three recievers to one side with Ray motioning to the recieverless side of the formation and WE run.run run even reverses. ......NAH hey diddle diddle Rice up the middle and Bernard spelling him. TOO BAD cause SF will man up to stop Cam's tweaked run,run punt consevative offense. Spread'em out and make them guess! Throw Joe throw!!

#6 Tyche

Tyche

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

@BloodRaven: "Haters" is too strong. I think you probably meant "skeptics". I admit that I was shocked/surprised when the Ravens moved up in the 3rd round and grabbed Pierce. Retrospectively, what a brilliant move that was. It was one of those selections that made me realize that Ozzie and Eric are very good at what they do.

#7 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

How about Boldin,Pitta&Torrey split out with Bernard&Rice behind Joe under center? Rice splits out on a shift putting the onus on coverage to the SF linbackers. We run from this one back spread line up or even stack the three recievers to one side with Ray motioning to the recieverless side of the formation and WE run.run run even reverses. ......NAH hey diddle diddle Rice up the middle and Bernard spelling him. TOO BAD cause SF will man up to stop Cam's tweaked run,run punt consevative offense. Spread'em out and make them guess! Throw Joe throw!!

Good Idea, but i think when we run the ball, I would really like if we followed our 260 pound Pro Bowl Fullback. That's what he is for, and if you don't remember last year's 49ers game, Leach Blew up Willis and Bowman.

#8 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

I have mad respect for Rice but it seems that Pierce is performing better. 6.3 yards per carry compared to 3.9 for Rice isn't even close. It drives me crazy when we keep handing the ball to Rice for a 1 yard gain and then it leaves us in a 3rd and long position.

Rice longest run this season was 46 yards and Pierce is 78.... Yet rice is the 3rd or 4th highest paid rb In the NFL...?

Edited by Zeus, 01 February 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#9 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Give Rice all the receptions and screens/dumpoffs. Give Pierce a slight majority of the carries. Can't stop that

#10 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Its great that we have two young backs. Pierce will continue to get better, I cant wait to see him next year. We'll have a great run game for years to come.

#11 Suggs_to_be_you

Suggs_to_be_you

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Tell ya what... I will NOT be drafting Ray in the first round in fantasy next year, because I really do think Pierce will become a bigger and bigger part of this offense, probably to the point of a full on timeshare.

Not that i'm complaining.

#12 beasy2487

beasy2487

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Give Rice all the receptions and screens/dumpoffs. Give Pierce a slight majority of the carries. Can't stop that

I think this one of the main reasons we brought in Castillo--to really look at how we can manage Rice in more of a Westbrook-type role where the majority of his touches come from short passes in space. This will open Pierce up to dominate behind Leach.

#13 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

ESPN said we are going to be 20 million over the cap after the season, but the website said we are going to be 15 under, which is it??? I thought we were okay.

#14 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

i didn't understand this pick when we drafted him but i was way wrong . this kid is something special i bet he has a huge game on sunday . this is our x factor for this game.

Edited by llwillow1231, 01 February 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#15 DarthSizzle55

DarthSizzle55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

J.O.14

You should know by now never listen to ESPN. They hate us.

#16 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I personally don't care which one of them is on the field, I know both are going to run hard and both have the chance to break off big plays every time they touch the ball. We really haven't seen Pierce's ability to catch the ball so I would expect to see him out of the backfield this game as the 9ers won't be expecting him to do that...

Either one, I wish them both the best games of their lives (up until this point)

LEGGGGOOOOO RAVENS!!!

#17 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

ESPN said we are going to be 20 million over the cap after the season, but the website said we are going to be 15 under, which is it??? I thought we were okay.

Worry about the present, the SB, not next year, the front office isn't worrying about so why should we be?????
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#18 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Tell ya what... I will NOT be drafting Ray in the first round in fantasy next year, because I really do think Pierce will become a bigger and bigger part of this offense, probably to the point of a full on timeshare.

Not that i'm complaining.

True, Rice is 26 and already has around 2150 rushing attempts (including Rutgers). Next year he might have to take the McGahee backup role.

#19 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

True, Rice is 26 and already has around 2150 rushing attempts (including Rutgers). Next year he might have to take the McGahee backup role.

He's getting paid too much to be a backup

z66oxxi.jpg

#20 General Flacco

General Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I could see in a few years (after rice has had a lot more carries) us using BP as the HB and putting in Rice as a slot reciever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users