18 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

‘The Blind Side’ made Michael Oher a household name. But he’s not the same guy.

View the full article

#2 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

I have his cleats and can definitely tell he's not a giant. 13E is a pretty big size, but that movie makes him seem a lot larger than that!

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

We should draft the guy from the movie to play the blindside so we can keep Oher on the right.

#4 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

oher we expecting to see your A game on this one Go Ravens!!1

#5 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

forget about the movie just give flacco time to throw and open running lanes for our backs. go ravens!!

#6 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Just play your very best on Sunday, Michael!!

#7 marec

marec

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

we need an oher to paddel our boat down the mississippi to the super bowl win!!!

#8 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Him and everyone else WILL play their best Sunday

#9 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

IDK.... I think the movie (like all movies embelished) but has probably done Michael Oher more good then it will ever do him harm ! Take the good with the bad... and if he wants people to think anything else about him... he has the biggest stage in the world to make a statment (hopefully with his play)!

#10 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah he seems like a cool guy but they did that just to get people to watch it they glamorized him I'm sure Oher understands that but nonetheless it was a good movie

#11 iBleed_Purple52

iBleed_Purple52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Now i understand Michael is a Stout Rt & proven ... & as we all know will get beat more often @ Lt

The Man has still played great ball ball for us he switches positions when needed doesnt say a thing & just does his job ... The mans a great Raven in my book

But i still wouldnt mind drafting a young LT

#12 iamDLEErious

iamDLEErious

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

The movie really was about Leanne Touhy more than Michael Oher. Either way, I'm glad we drafted him and i'm glad he's open minded with his coaches. He may be never become a Jonathan Ogden, but then again, he's beat a lot of odds in his life so who am I to make predictions.

#13 KidsPeace

KidsPeace

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Even if the movie doesn't exactly depict Oher's life, it's still a moving tale, just like Oher's experience. It's great for kids in foster care to see what can happen if they find permanent, loving homes and families who champion their dreams. http://www.kidspeace...es.aspx?id=3596

#14 manofsteel

manofsteel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I hope MO plays a hell of a game. Far better thn he has ever played. Needs to protect Joe Flacco more than just one block and continue to fight till the whistle is blown. Same with McKinney. That's just the offense. Now C Williams and Ed Reed better do the same. If you are hurt....don't play, Ed Reed! Williams get your head out of your butt.

#15 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I love Michael Oher and everything he stands for! Great guy with a great work ethic who is the definition of a self less team player! Go Ravens!

#16 UofMdHckst

UofMdHckst

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

NEVER took away that Mike Oher was "slow-witted, lethargic and not athletic". I assume a lot of the movie was "Hollywood". It was the inspiring story of love and family, which is what society could use more of these days! It's not the explicit content of the movie that people are so attracted to...it's the message! People identify Mr. Oher as a message of love, hope, inspiration and family. To move so many people on that level is an accomplishment to always be proud of, no matter how the delivery.

#17 Celine

Celine

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I recently saw this movie.. I suppose in a way some viewers might misinterpret the portrayal of Oher, but for myself, I thought it was a subtle, beautiful character. I liked the sense of gentleness with great strength behind it, and the way in which a lot was said with few words. Also, I felt Oher's sense of self-respect and self-awareness - an intelligence that survived some traumatic childhood experiences, beyond a snappy, word-savvy type of knowledge, was also conveyed. I really liked the way the movie showed very different people finding a connection and building on that connection to foster the good that clearly lay in the heart of this young man. So, I don't know the real Michael Oher, but I sensed from the film a beautiful heart, fortitude, and intelligence.

#18 CCwriter

CCwriter

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

What a great article about a great guy on a great team. My family are those described in the article as the people who are really not big football watchers...but watched today and rooted for Baltemore because Michael Oher is on the team. (We are here in Calif. so we stepped out of the Niner box! We had such a blast and loved the game! We are now Baltemore fans. Seem fickle? Nah, we just needed someone to identify with. Of course, after the game we had to watch 'The Blind Side', one of our very favorite movies. Thank you for this article and some insight to the real Michael Oher and his thoughts about he was portrayed in the movie. I never got the impression that he was dimwitted, just the opposite in fact. IMHO he was portrayed as wise and gentle. I perceived him to be cautious rather than slow moving. Anyway, CONGRATS on a wonderful Super Bowl win to the whole team and thanks to Michael, we tuned and became RAVENS fans out in sunny CA! Godspeed.

#19 Raven87

Raven87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I love the quiet professionalism he displays always working hard not worrying about personal accolades all of our O linemen are pretty special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users