Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bingo Baby

49ers hitting the strip club!

71 posts in this topic

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/02/01/49ers-strip-club-michael-crabtree-frank-gore-patrick-willis-bourbon-street-video

Just saw this...doesnt seem like these guys are very focused on the game!

You can't just eat and sleep football for a week, especially being in NO. I'm sure the Ravens are finding ways to take their minds off the game too.

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1359734651' post='1337506']
Guys having a little fun..I'm sure there were Ravens in there too.
[/quote]

Knowing John, I'd say the odds are against any Ravens' players being there. I know they have a curfew because Torrey talked about having to be in by midnight.

I dont know man..but I specifically remember John telling the Ravens that Mardi Gras and all the distractions will still be there after the game...

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1359734939' post='1337521']
Knowing John, I'd say the odds are against any Ravens' players being there. I know they have a curfew because Torrey talked about having to be in by midnight.
[/quote]

This was their last night before lock down. Knowing Jim, I'd say the odds are against any 49ers players being out the next 2 nights.

Maybe this is their usual pre-game week ritual? Perhaps they are just sticking to their regular schedule?

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359735865' post='1337550']
Maybe this is their usual pre-game week ritual? Perhaps they are just sticking to their regular schedule?
[/quote]

Very true.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1359735839' post='1337548']
Wow @ the guy videotaping. Smh
[/quote]He's paparazzi. They are classless individuals.

[/quote]

Haha. Their regular schedule of eating sushi off naked strippers :)

Shouldn't Crabtree know to stay away from those places after being falsely accused of sexual assault before the NFC Championship game? You think these players would learn to not put themselves in bad situations to make the team look bad.

[/quote]

I seriously doubt that anyone was there from the Ravens, not even Big Mac. John and Ray should be keeping everyone in line, this is a business trip not a pleasure one.

[quote name='Bingo Baby' timestamp='1359736170' post='1337560']
[/quote]

Ain't going to lie. I could work that into my weekly schedule (if my wife allowed me to eat that much sushi :D )

Kind of a non-story. I am sure that the Ravens were finding ways of amusing themselves. now if our win on Sunday is an embarrassing blowout then this could be looked at as a distraction. But if they play well and keep the game close, before losing, then it is not relavant.

[/quote]

The normalcy would depend on which gender was removing their attire at the establishment.

[quote name='Bingo Baby' timestamp='1359736170' post='1337560']
[/quote]
regular slice n dice! lol. anyway...... not sure why but I do feel a bit of shame that they have more time for a Strip club than take the time needed for the Sperbowl.

Who cares? Seriously you can say it made them lose focus on the game, but you can also say that it relieved stress and got them confident. For all you know it could be part of their routine to go to strip clubs before the game lol. It means nothing. Just let the play on the field Sunday dictate the game.

Eh, I don't this is a big deal and I see no competitive advantage to it. Maybe if they went there before the Super Bowl, lol.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1359736926' post='1337583']
Shouldn't Crabtree know to stay away from those places after being falsely accused of sexual assault before the NFC Championship game? You think these players would learn to not put themselves in bad situations to make the team look bad.
[/quote]

You think he would have learned after what happened to Roethlisberger.

there players are younger most of our guys are married etc . I don't see anything wrong with this .i doubt it effects there play at all.

I'm 100% sure; my guys will not be in one of those places cuz you know Sunday game is too big for the team, Ray, and Art. A little of some some can be reserved in the offseason like finding a girlfriend or a wife.....

That just shows the 49ers are very tense and pressure for this Sunday game; in reference, they were very organized and obeyed during photo shoots in the superdome, comparing to loud, joking, and playing around behavior of our team. Eating fresh sushi from naked females are way of the 49ers to release stress behind the scene.

Our stress relief is being ourselves.....play like a Raven..

Free country. I just don't know why you'd put yourself out there in that situation. Any kind of crap can go down in a club. All it would take is some woman to accuse one of them of doing something and true or not, the distraction is there. You'd think if anyone would lay low from this kind of stuff it would be Crabtree. And you -know- if the 49ers lose and any of them plays like crap, people are going to be all over this. It'll be like Romo going down to Cabo with Jessica Simpson all over.

But, hey, not my team so not really concerned.

[/quote]
[quote name='Seattle49er' timestamp='1359734685' post='1337509']
You can't just eat and sleep football for a week, especially being in NO. I'm sure the Ravens are finding ways to take their minds off the game too.
[/quote]

I doubt it.... Practice, ipads and sleep. Maybe a little live music.

Didnt the article discuss how it was just 3 guys , not the actual whole team and staff? THe way some of these comments read, its almost as if some of you think the whole team is just lollygagging around looking at [profanity deleted]s. From what I have been hearing the practices have been crisp and efficient, so much so they are getting done early. I dont know about you but when i was going through some stressful times (like finals week and capstone projects) during college, i had to let loose and get my mind off things too.

[/quote]

Lol... I love this guy. If this story was about the Ravens we'd be hearing "Oh wow guys it sure looks like the Ravens are losing focus..." :)

[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1359755330' post='1337922']
Lol... I love this guy. If this story was about the Ravens we'd be hearing "Oh wow guys it sure looks like the Ravens are losing focus..." :)
[/quote]

Yeah your right but the press is so enamored with the darling 49ers . oh Colin

[/quote]

nice

I don't think Jim Harbaugh approved of this. He doesn't strike me as someone who would go to a strip club, and I don't think he would be a type of coach that would approve of his players being there either. I definitely know that John Harbaugh wouldn't. They're young, hopefully not married or in a relationship, away from home, and in one of the greatest arenas of sports this week. That doesn't excuse that type of 'free time', but if it's not illegal, let them be kids. They're not Ravens anyways. :)

[quote name='Midnight toker' timestamp='1359755315' post='1337921']
Didnt the article discuss how it was just 3 guys , not the actual whole team and staff? THe way some of these comments read, its almost as if some of you think the whole team is just lollygagging around looking at [profanity deleted]s. From what I have been hearing the practices have been crisp and efficient, so much so they are getting done early. I dont know about you but when i was going through some stressful times (like finals week and capstone projects) during college, i had to let loose and get my mind off things too.
[/quote]

lol, it's not like it's 3rd stringers out "letting loose" your talking about veterans, starters, team leaders...I hope they live it up all the way until the weee hours of Sunday morning.

[quote name='Ravens_fan' timestamp='1359755939' post='1337931']
lol, it's not like it's 3rd stringers out "letting loose" your talking about veterans, starters, team leaders...I hope they live it up all the way until the weee hours of Sunday morning.
[/quote]

You know, we could show them all that RavensNation is nothing if not generous. What say we all chip-in and send a few strip-o-grams to their rooms Saturday night? Help them take their minds off things and be ready for a good, hard fought game. :D

That's pretty funny - and interesting. Here on the San Francisco Chronicle's website http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/01/30/10-reasons-why-the-49ers-will-win-the-super-bowl/ the writer talks about how much more focused they are, "No cameras, smartphones, video capturing the moment like half the Ravens were when they got off the plane" and Frank Gore "not having left his hotel room yet."
Is it better to "work hard, play hard?" Guess we will find out on Sunday.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1359755439' post='1337924']
Yeah your right but the press is so enamored with the darling 49ers . oh Colin
[/quote]

Yes media hype for CK is getting a little annoying.

Ray seems to be getting his share of the limelight, it's a shame the media dosen't focus more on the rest of the talent you have on that team.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]There is a "Three San Francisco 49ers walk into a strip club..." joke in here somewhere... I JUST KNOW THERE IS!![/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1359759245' post='1337968']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]There is a "Three San Francisco 49ers walk into a strip club..." joke in here somewhere... I JUST KNOW THERE IS!![/i][/font]
[/quote]

:lol: *waiting patiently*

All of this "who's focused, who's not" is all useless drivel to keep fans occupied until Sunday. Neither team is going to have major gaffes during the SUPER BOWL because they spent some time enjoying themselves or ( :34853_doh:) [i]taking pictures of New Orleans[/i]. Really?

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Three San Francisco 49ers walking into a New Orleans strip club. One of the 49ers players looks to the other two and whispers, "Dude, I think we're in a straight bar."[/i][/font]

Even Frank Gore claims it's a business trip during his interviews.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8905177

I'm guessing that means the 49ers paid for the tab as a business expense.

Imagine if Ray Lewis went, Oh My. Espn would be going nuts right now, making all the B.S headlines and claiming hes not focused. But its only the 49ers so who cares right

Not something id be doing while preparing for the most important game of my LIFE!!!

Its hard to keep the players from going out and celebrating the fact that they are in the super bowl. I remember seeing Lamar Woodley and Hines Ward and a bunch of Squeelers in the Night clubs, and strip clubs back in their super bowl against Zona. John Harbaugh said "make sure you stay hidrated" as word of advice for when the Ravens go out and do their thing which of coarse means dont get too hammered haha. And Im sure Ray put his 2 cents in about playing it safe out there. Our guys seem focused and ready to get it done, Im sure they are enjoying themselves and also keeping their eyes on that lombardi.

As far as the 49ers I just dont know why they would want to go to a dirty strip club especially in NOLA haha Why Jim Harbaugh would let Crabtree go near there after his NFC Cahmpionship alleged "Rothelisburgering" at the night club and sexually assaulting a girl is beyond me. But I feel like as of right now we have the edge! Johns got our guys humbled for the most part.

[quote name='RavensFanInCA' timestamp='1359760051' post='1337989']
Even Frank Gore claims it's a business trip during his interviews.

[url="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8905177"]http://espn.go.com/v...id=espn:8905177[/url]

I'm guessing that means the 49ers paid for the tab as a business expense.
[/quote]
There are going to be a lot of $1 dollar salary cap hits next year for the 49ers hahahaha

[quote name='Seattle49er' timestamp='1359734685' post='1337509']
[/quote]
N'awlenz ahhh. Used to be a [size=4]Restaurant [/size][size=4]down there named Tujax (said Two Jacks) in 1978. I ate there three days in a row. Got a 7 course meal for $2.75. Went back in 1988 and the place was gone. I loved the food there[/size]