Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/1: Super Bowl XLVII Picks

102 posts in this topic

Steve Bisciotti says Ravens have their QB for the next decade. Reed clarifies comments.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-21-Super-Bowl-XLVII-Picks/c1a00afd-31f4-4580-a129-3c4e014ec88f]View the full article[/url]

Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun needs to take a hike, and go to work for ESPN. Pathetic words coming from a local, hometown newspaper. I hope my Ravens shove it down his throat!

BTW... you gotta love how "experts" keep saying the Ravens won't be able to deal with Kaepernick - exactly the way they explained how the Ravens wouldn't be able to handle RGIII... Too bad we beat his O 28:20...

So, I do hope we can deal with Kaepernick's O just as poorly as we did with RGIII...

bio

Tell every one of those "experts" that haven't had faith in us all year to pound sand back in New England with all the other folks that got it wrong last week

We're underdogs in Vegas, but seeing some of the Athletes pick and the picks in this article, we seem like the Favorites and I don't know how I feel about that. I love the underdog roll. GO RAVENS

I cannot say it enough... We need this... It's our Time... I just have a really good feeling about how this team is melding together.

So Mike Florio finally makes a leap for the bandwagon! Hmm, didn't Sizzle tell you guys it's full? Now you gotta make an appointment with your chiropractor to fix that back from the fall. Get well soon Mikey.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 1, 2013 - Off topic, answered via PM · Report post

Anyone know what happened to Sarah Ellison???
Is she in NOLA?

I miss seeing her stories!

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1359732229' post='1337463']
BTW... you gotta love how "experts" keep saying the Ravens won't be able to deal with Kaepernick - exactly the way they explained how the Ravens wouldn't be able to handle RGIII... Too bad we beat his O 28:20...

So, I do hope we can deal with Kaepernick's O just as poorly as we did with RGIII...

bio
[/quote]

Agreed! So overstated that it's ridicuous!.. A quarterback who stated that he's not nervous, because nervous would mean that he's not prepared???? On the biggest stage of his life... Pffffft. That's ridiculous in itself....

I hope Kruger and Suggs squash him... and if nothing else... pressure him into a frenzy!

Ed's comments were out of place. He is a Raven through and through. I don't want to see him anywhere else.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 1, 2013 - Asked and answered earlier! · Report post

@NorwayLovesRavens....Sarah is on maternity leave....

what is florio talking about rebuilding? just cause ray lewis is retiring? sometimes i swear these sports writers dont know anything of the sports they report about

The Ravens have given Kaepernick his props that, "he uses the whole field", but don't think for a minute that we won't lock him down as we did Brady and Manning X 2!

Meanwhile, Matty and the Falcs have shown that they are susceptible to deep passes!

Yes, it is I, MystigoDragon, the ground-n-pound purist, saying deep passes are a good thing, and I'm not all boozed up (this time)!

People keep making a deal about the Ravens not wanting to be at Tulan, I would not either, they are on the Baseball Field having to practice in the infield at times because the football facility is being worked on. Geez. While the Niners practice indoors or outdoors at the Saints place getting to simulating crowd noise and etc. I would have moved too. The game is played indoors.
I am getting tee shirts that say "WE INVENTED PHYSICAL"

First off; I hate score predictions. We're RARELY even close...especially the experts. But one thing I keep hearing from these idiots is that the 49ers are "better on paper."

I don't understand that statement.

Better Running back: Ravens

QB: Ravens

WRs: Ravens

Secondary: Ravens

Pass Rush: Probably 49ers, but it's not obvious

Better offense: Ravens

Better overall defense: Tie

Better Tight ends: Tie

Punt/Kick returner: Ravens

Punter: Ravens

Kicker: Ravens

Some of the above MIGHT be debatable. But I don't understand how it's a consensus among these experts that the 49ers are so much better on paper, and the Ravens only have emotion to play on.

Whatever...

GO FREAKING RAVENS!!!!!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 1, 2013 - Off topic, or responses no longer valid due to previous edit · Report post

@respecttheRaven ...

Thanks for the update.
Wish Sara all the best with her baby!

... still miss Sara's stories though ... :)

Close game 24-21 ravens kaepernick plays one half the second half he is too scared to return becasue suggs, kruger and lewis keeping lighting him up .

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 1, 2013 - Off topic, or responses no longer valid due to previous edit · Report post

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1359734038' post='1337494']
Dameshek has the 49ers blowing us he apologizes one minute and then does the same thing again . Close game 24-21 ravens kaepernick plays one half the second half he is too scared to return becasue suggs, kruger and lewis keeping lighting him up .
[/quote]You may want to complete that first sentence. ;)

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1359733929' post='1337490']
Omg Skip, wth is wrong with him?!
[/quote]one thing i noticed about skip he has no journalistic integrity and will jump on any bandwagon/flavor of the month if it will get him more viewers none of his reporting has to be accurate as along as ppl watch .

"ESPN.com: 3 of 12 pick the Ravens"

Lol. ESPN has been hating all year. Why Ray Lewis accepted a job with them, I don't know.

OK. Did bayless just say that Flacco complains about his contract? I follow everything and read just about everything about the Baltimore Ravens and not once did Flacco complain or even lower his character to be considered a "diva" and Ray Rice has NEVER complained about more carries he has always sat back and let the numbers speak for themselves! DUH skip that was one of the main reasons why Cameron will be at home watching the super bowl just like u. It blows my mind that these "analysts" get paid ridiculous money to talk about things that are so far from the truth that they influence other dumb people to really believe this team is what they just portrayed. UNREAL.

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1359734200' post='1337495']
You may want to complete that first sentence. ;)
[/quote]i did no clue wth happened lol

As I've stated many times this season ...

I don't give a hoot about stats r the score ...

just get the 'W', Ravens!!!!

Bring the Lombardi Trophy back to Baltimore ... where it belongs!

I think that anyone that doesn't think the Ravens will figure out a way to disrupt the 9er offense is mistaken. Our defense is ready to take what we did in New England to New Orleans. At the end of the day, Ray will get his second chance to hoist the trophy and Joe will be the MVP this time. By Sunday night, we will all be ready for Ray to dance one last time.