64 replies to this topic

#1 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

The first news item for the new Madden game has come out and you can mark your calender for August 27th, 2013. It is interesting to note that it may not actually be called Madden 14 but 'Madden 25' due to this year being the 25th anniversary of the video game.

The Madden NFL 14 release date has been set for August 27th, 2013. It will mark the 25th anniversary of the game, dating back to 1989.

On the official Madden website, it mentions more details are coming soon for Madden 25 (name change? nah... Couldn't be, could it?). Maybe we see something during Super Bowl XLVII.

http://www.operation...27th-madden-25/

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

I hope it isn't as horrid as 13 was. That new engine is broken.

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,162 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

The game and it's development team are trash.

#4 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

They're still making this game? That's cute
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#5 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

What I would give for an NFL 2K14....

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#6 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

What I would give for an NFL 2K14....

You said it. The government is supposed to protect us from monopolies. I guess they don't respect the video game industry.

#7 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

You said it. The government is supposed to protect us from monopolies. I guess they don't respect the video game industry.

I skipped out on Madden 13 and the rumor is, and I heard this from a Gamestop employee but they might bring back Franchise Mode and dump Connected Careers Mode after the backlash they got from essentially eliminating Franchise Mode from the game.

For me, I'll take either a NFL2K game or even an NFL game made by Sony since they do a tremendous job with MLB The Show.

#8 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

EA has sent out a release making it official, Madden 14 will be called 'Madden 25' to celebrate 25 years of the video game franchise. The cover vote will once again be back as fans get to vote to see who will be the cover athlete but with a twist. There will be two tournament brackets, one full of 32 current NFL players, and another bracket of 32 NFL Legends. The winner of each bracket, will face off in the final round to determine the Madden 25 cover athlete.

http://www.easports....25-release-date

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,090 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Madden 13 could be alot better but I don't think it was that bad. The playing feel in this one, imo is the best/most realistic.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#10 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Madden 13 could be alot better but I don't think it was that bad. The playing feel in this one, imo is the best/most realistic.

The new physics engine has some bugs but I agree with this. Its definitely an upgrade over Madden 12. However, the lack of franchise mode was terrible and CC was just a miserable failure in all aspects.

#11 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,090 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

The new physics engine has some bugs but I agree with this. Its definitely an upgrade over Madden 12. However, the lack of franchise mode was terrible and CC was just a miserable failure in all aspects.

Agreed. It pisses me off how they could make this game great if they wanted too.

Bring back Franchise, make it more realistic with trading draft picks and all. Retiring numbers, FA, scouting prospects...I think it would be awesome if they can have next years draft class already made and have guys just project how successful they'll be long term. For example: After you go through a season on next years madden, when your scouting players and all you'll see Johnny Manziel & Clowney already there. They could hire Mike Mayock or someone to talk about the projected top 32 picks or something. It's not like he's extremely busy doing something other then scouting or calling thurs night games.

-Commentary is horrible once again. I wish they would say stuff like, "Joe Flacco.... deep pass....Torrey Smiths got it!! He's at the 10, the 5, TOUCHDOWN!" They might of added new phrases and all and put more time into it but they could do alot better play by play. This might be a strech but get Phill Sims and Jim Nantz to do like 30 mins of recording each week. Instead of all at one time.

-Make playbooks more realistic, add pistol to redskins offense...

-Crowd noise.

-Less adds during the game when your playing. Like "verizon red zone stats" when your trying to hurry up.

Also being able to disguise blitzes once again without being totally exposed if they read it.

Those are just some of my opinions, I feel 2k would have already had all this done. smh

Edited by Ravens<3, 01 February 2013 - 02:35 PM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#12 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Agreed. It pisses me off how they could make this game great if they wanted too.

Bring back Franchise, make it more realistic with trading draft picks and all. Retiring numbers, FA, scouting prospects...I think it would be awesome if they can have next years draft class already made and have guys just project how successful they'll be long term. For example: After you go through a season on next years madden, when your scouting players and all you'll see Johnny Manziel & Clowney already there. They could hire Mike Mayock or someone to talk about the projected top 32 picks or something. It's not like he's extremely busy doing something other then scouting or calling thurs night games.

-Commentary is horrible once again. I wish they would say stuff like, "Joe Flacco.... deep pass....Torrey Smiths got it!! He's at the 10, the 5, TOUCHDOWN!" They might of added new phrases and all and put more time into it but they could do alot better play by play. This might be a strech but get Phill Sims and Jim Nantz to do like 30 mins of recording each week. Instead of all at one time.

-Make playbooks more realistic, add pistol to redskins offense...

-Crowd noise.

-Less adds during the game when your playing. Like "verizon red zone stats" when your trying to hurry up.

Also being able to disguise blitzes once again without being totally exposed if they read it.

Those are just some of my opinions, I feel 2k would have already had all this done. smh

2k wouldnt do this. They don't do this with NBA. So thats 1 thing.

2nd thing no one will do this as they want you to buy the NCAA games to import the draft class (Both 2k and Madden had this option)

The commentary sucks in that it reveals what you are going to do (these corners are going to meet the receivers at the line, when you go press for one thing.) but this really isn't a big deal outside of that. The commentary should be generic. It would be a better experience if it was updated and mroe realistic, but no one really does this as far as I know because what it takes isn't worth the benefit it provides

Playbook updates will be nice, but the pistol offense is a bit hard to recreate. Im hoping since they added cancelling playaction they will be able to make the pistol more realistic (maybe something as simple as when running one of said pistol plays press a button to keep the ball? Madden did a decent job with option plays in the Panters playbook. Im just guessing the redo the playbooks once a year rather than constantly.

Highlights in game are no big deal as it doesnt disrupt the hurry up from a game play standpoint (its not like more time runs off because of it.). Maybe if you're playing a competitive game with a friend I can understand it, but its really a minor problem in my honest opinion

The last one I dont agree with too much. The offense controls the ball, so they will obv have the advantage when that happens.

Edited by Sizzlebshu, 01 February 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#13 sliceanddic3

sliceanddic3

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm just sitting here playing 2k5.
Posted Image

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Keep calm and stay based. @LILBTHEBASEDGOD

"They already declared war on us… We’re taking 53 men to the apocalypse and we ain’t bringin no flowers with us."
- Terrell Suggs

#14 lgcs27288

lgcs27288

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I would rather not get into the "argument" that always happens when Madden is brought-up, but I'm interested in the cover tournament for Madden NFL XXV. EA Sports is setting-up 2 brackets, one for 32 current players and one for 32 legends; all teams will be represented, obviously. Right off the bat, I'm curious as to who will represent the Houston Texans, seeing how that franchise has only been around for 10 years. Although, Andre Johnson could be used as their legend.

Anyways, I'll post my predictions, later, as to who will be the selections for this contest; but for now, I'll say Joe Flacco and Ray Lewis (as the legend) will represent the Baltimore Ravens in this tournament. Actually, if Electronic Arts chooses to have both a current player and a legend on the cover, it would only make sense to have Lewis and Patrick Willis as the cover-boys; similar to how Larry Fitzgerald and Troy Polamalu were on the cover of Madden NFL 10, right after their teams faced-off in Super Bowl XLIII.

David Carr?
"Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought" - Henri Louis Bergson

What would 52 do?

#15 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Could you imagine Ray/Patrick Willis on the cover? That would be an instant buy for me, even though I'm probably gonna get it anyway. Its the only game i play constantly, even if Madden 13 has its problems, i still enjoy it.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#16 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

I dont agree with putting old timers on the cover for the madden curse. They cannot get injured on the field, what if they have heart attacks or fall down a couple of flights of stairs....Was kindle on the cover before? lol Im just saying, the curse cannot reach them on the field, but i am sure it will find its way to them
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#17 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I dont agree with putting old timers on the cover for the madden curse. They cannot get injured on the field, what if they have heart attacks or fall down a couple of flights of stairs....Was kindle on the cover before? lol Im just saying, the curse cannot reach them on the field, but i am sure it will find its way to them

I'm guessing since Ray Lewis is retiring, he will be on the legend bracket.

#18 EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Skipped out on Madden 13 after hearing about the removal of franchise mode and broken game features. I'll read up on Madden 25 but I doubt that I'm buying. I'm just about done with EA and Madden.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.."-- EAP

Posted Image

#19 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Skipped out on Madden 13 after hearing about the removal of franchise mode and broken game features. I'll read up on Madden 25 but I doubt that I'm buying. I'm just about done with EA and Madden.

Loss of franchise mode killed it for me.

#20 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Exactly, how can you cut franchise mode? That's the only thing I played.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users