56 replies to this topic

#1 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I've realized that many people are picking us to win, but for the wrong reasons. They are giving kudos for us making us this far, but still do not understand the reasons why. I am not a firm believer in the whole we beat the pats and broncos solely because of ray lewis. I acknowledge there might have been an affect, but arguably, ellerbee's return was more important in terms of physical performance.

I have read articles where it was unexplainable how we won.

This was in a pff article(it was supposed to make a case for the niners, but it did so egregiously that it made me sick)

In truth, the Broncos needed a fairly spectacular collapse to fail to beat Baltimore, and the Patriots had multiple opportunities to extend their lead and put the game to bed. The failings of both sides let the Ravens get back into the game and come away with the victory each time. The 49ers aren’t likely to make the same mistakes their predecessors did. Consequently, the Ravens are actually going to have to find a way to win the game on merit this time around. That is something I’m not convinced they have the firepower to do. -Sam Monson

So,bottom line, people have just gone with the popularized view of the media that the team is ray lewis and ray lewis is why we are here. I call shananigans. I blame this all on the media for not doing a better job for doing the analysis to why we are where we are.

OC change: Cam Cameron was a crutch in flacco's development after year 3(2010).

defensive players getting healthier(we were not healthy for the entire season)

o-line change(better protection for those deep throws that fuels the air coryell offense)

budding team chemistry(young who never played before needed to get acclimated.

Joe Flacco: He should be deserving of all the glory, or most of it. He has been good the whole season, but has been brought down by other players or team miscues. His emergence this season is why we are here and why we will be here again in the near future. He is and will be the centerpiece of the team, but a player that has had 16 years(ray lewis is great as a leader but he is a physical liability at this point) as the face of the franchise is stealing his thunder, making joe flacco still look like a mediorce quarterback. I find the praise of his deep ball annoying because he is a gifted thrower of the football and leader(its just not as explict as tom brady or A-rodgers)

In total, the media has labeled us as a "miracle team", whose talent is inferior to that of denver, new england, and san fran. However,it was better than denver, new england, and I think, (we all hope) is better than san fran's. There is no luck in sports or in life, it is half execution and half talent.

What is your opinion of the media's blatant disrespect of the team's "merit", ray lewis, and joe flacco?

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Haters gonna Hate
Banned

#3 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I just watched the Coaches Show. Good talk about the Ravens for the entire half hour.

Media interview days are done, TG.

Edited by awholelottahaloti, 31 January 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#4 RayRicefan2720

RayRicefan2720

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, a miracle team could keep up with both the pats and broncos withought getting lucky. That sure sounds like a miracle team to me. I hate the media, don't they realize that 99.9% of the time they downplay us we play with a chip and win? If they hate us so much you would think they would learn that and start praising us instead, lol

#5 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Just filter. Listen to the good, tune out or turn off the BS.

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I have been trying to stick to coverage here on br.com and i think they are doing an amazing job. nfl.com,nflnetwork etc its better i don't watch those . from the analyst i have seen most are picking 49ers to win . some are now picking us that havent before but the majority is against .

#7 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Haters going to hate.

We've worked too hard and faced way too many hard teams in post season just to go down w/ nothing.

Media & fans can spew b.s. about us. All it matters is the ring and the lombardi.

#8 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,032 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Honestly, only one "analyist" has really gotten under my skin these past 2 weeks...

Heath Evans... Seriously. I dislike alot of people (Dukes,Skip,Hensley,Hodge) and I don't know any of them personally, but I hate Heath Evans. He's the worst in my eyes. The only positive Ravens thing I heard him say was Ray Lewis is one of the greatest ever (which is bloody obvious).

His arrogance when talking bad about us drives me nuts. He reminds me of a Patriots fan. Not a former player like he is, but just a cocky bias dbag patriots fan. (Bruschi lost the Boston in him quick, Evans not so much). He sounds so confident when he talks abouts us too, he's just a cocky,stupid,obnoxious bleep who I cannot stand.

#9 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Troy Aikman just had some nice things to say about Flacco. Said he was "proud of him", and glad he's finally getting some of the credit he deserves.

On PTI earlier this evening, though, Kornheiser went off about how it would be "better for the NFL" if the 49ers win this game, for a bunch of stupid reasons, like how if the 49ers win, it means they can count Kaepernick as the future of the league, and also because since Ed Reed and Ray Lewis won't be here next year (his words; obviously Ed Reed may not be here, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility for him to return to the Ravens) that the Ravens don't deserve to win, because without those guys we won't be a great team in the future and so we don't deserve to win with those guys right now; it would be better for the 49ers to win because they will still be good next year. I'm not even making this up, this was his argument. My jaw was agape in astonishment at the stupidity of that!

#10 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Let them hate. I'll keep wearing my "bad boy" purples and blacks.

We are not where we are because of any one person, or by luck or because the opposition "let" us win. We are where we are because we are not just a TEAM..... we're a NATION.

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 31 January 2013 - 07:42 PM.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#11 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

The Jacoby gif is most apt for this thread.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,032 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Wow. I clicked on NFL.coms superbowl picks and before I looked at it I said to myself I'd be willing to bet my life Heath Evans picks the 49ers....

He picked us 27-24. :o :huh:

I don't like it!!

#13 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Troy Aikman just had some nice things to say about Flacco. Said he was "proud of him", and glad he's finally getting some of the credit he deserves.

On PTI earlier this evening, though, Kornheiser went off about how it would be "better for the NFL" if the 49ers win this game, for a bunch of stupid reasons, like how if the 49ers win, it means they can count Kaepernick as the future of the league, and also because since Ed Reed and Ray Lewis won't be here next year (his words; obviously Ed Reed may not be here, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility for him to return to the Ravens) that the Ravens don't deserve to win, because without those guys we won't be a great team in the future and so we don't deserve to win with those guys right now; it would be better for the 49ers to win because they will still be good next year. I'm not even making this up, this was his argument. My jaw was agape in astonishment at the stupidity of that!

Kornheiser is systematic of some of these sports professionals these days that are ingrained to have verbal diarrhoea count as a 'valid' opinion, in exchange for clicks and profit.

IGNORE at all costs.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#14 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Haters gonna Hate

Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#15 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Wah.

I swear some of you care more about what the media thinks about the team than liking the team itself.

Enjoy the success and be proud that we are one of two teams still playing in February.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#16 BiRDMAFIA

BiRDMAFIA

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wow. I clicked on NFL.coms superbowl picks and before I looked at it I said to myself I'd be willing to bet my life Heath Evans picks the 49ers....

He picked us 27-24. :o :huh:

I don't like it!!

how is he a hater if he picked us to win?

#17 Falcon124

Falcon124

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Falcons Fan here. I just want to say that I would love for the Ravens to CRUSH the Niners. There trolls are still rampant on our boards so do us a solid and shut them up. Thanks. Hope we see you against us in the Big game next year. GOOD LUCK!

#18 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

he is always spouting off about the ravens and usually nothing positive but since the afc championship he has changed no clue why.

#19 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Wah.

I swear some of you care more about what the media thinks about the team than liking the team itself.

Enjoy the success and be proud that we are one of two teams still playing in February.

Glad you said it. The "lack of respect" card was played out years ago. Nobody needs to respect us, or kiss our collective butt, but they will have to come p with new creative reasons why we didn't deerve to win another SB in a few days

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#20 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Done nothing but hate on us all year long - called the firing of Cameron "desperate", repeatedly described our team as "dysfunctional" and said we wouldn't win another game after the 'Skins loss. His hate on Joe has been ridiculous. Now that Joe's on fire, he's done a complete 180 and changed his tune.
Nauseating...
The guy wouldn't recognize an original thought if it threw up on his shoe.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users