Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Game Will Be Decided By Ray Lewis

56 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis’ role on the field is of more importance than all the noise off it.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Game-Will-Be-Decided-By-Ray-Lewis/e9a3e423-52fc-4702-b9d5-e155b9445cff]View the full article[/url]

I love the San Diego game a few years ago. I think it was '09 Season.

They asked Ray about the game saving tackle he made when he blew up Darren Sproles in the backfield on 4th and whatever it was.

Ray's response was "[b]there's only so many plays that can be run out of that formation[/b]"...

That's what CK has to deal with...

No matter what the media says. No matter what 49er fans say. No matter what Twitter says. No matter what NFL network say. No matter what haters say. No matter what doubters say. Put faith and trust in your team. I don't care if we're down 14 points in the 2nd. I don't care if we're up 21 by the 4th. Don't lose faith and trust in your team 3 days from now. This game is gonna be long, possibly stressful, and demanding. But keep the faith. We can and we will walk out as champions. THEY are not taking this from US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray will have our D line up any ready to go all day. The 9ers will not know what hit them. RAVENS 31 - 9ers 17

So, we expect at least one half to be void of touchdowns by San Franscisco's offense, which means a one half shut out!!!!!
Dr. Neilji

Ray is going to make a fool of Kaepernick. The 49ers have no idea what is in store for them come Sunday!

Our field Generals are far superior to theirs. This is a chess match of the highest stakes. My money is on the Ravens.

The way Jim runs his team, he has a lot of indians and no chiefs. This got him so far so good, but when he runs into Mufasa and his pack of lions, it is going to be another story.

I don't always agree with Eisenberg, but he makes some valid points. However I beleive this Defence is more than just Ray. Please do not get me wrong, Ray lewis is one of the greatest football players in history. But this D has alot of talent. We have had guys stepping up in leadership roles while Ray was out, like Pollard, Ngata. We've got younger guys that are stepping up like Kruger, Graham. I think there are more factors with this Defence then just Ray and I'm proud of all of them.
GO RAVENS!

confuse that young man with formations he has not seen and we will force him to make mental errors and turnovers. go ravens!!

@caw710, there is absolutely no question that we have the best defensive, talented group of veteran leaders overall, but I believe there is no one on the field that can study film and read an offense as well, and as quickly as Ray Lewis.

@Caw710 I do not believe John was discounting the other players he simply was saying that Ray would be calling all the defensive alignments and make sure everyone is in place to succeed in their assignments and that there is no one better to do that than #52 !!!!!

maybe it's just unreal confidence but I dont fear the 49'ers or the offense they run this unit knows whats on the line and although the niners will put up points I think flacco and the offense will match it

Looking forward to seeing Ngata put the fear into the "amazing" Kapper

The cool thing is that I know something is going to happen to Kaepernick during the game, because the history that scrambling quarterbacks have against the Ravens is not good, and something always seems to happen. It is going to be interesting to see what happens during the game, and every Raven knows that they have to do, and every man is going to have to play their best, and I believe in Joe Flacco and he will silence the critics on Sunday and Joe Flacco has some surprises in store for the 49ers.

Man Lewis is something that guy can motivate an ant to believe that one day he could become a lion. But with all the hate that people have against the ravens putting them on a baseball field to practice just make the ravens even stronger. Lets go get that trophy!!!! GO RAVENS

Awesome, just awesome, that we have someone on the team with that kind of fooball intelligence. We will prevail.

Risin' up, straight to the top
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger
[color=#000000][left][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[/background][/left][/color]

When Ray said the teams playing the 49ers have faced lack of communication is nothing but true. I remember seeing replays on NFL Network after the Packers game where the Packers defense completely loses sight of the football and goes after the RB while Kaepernick takes off for a TD. It was too late once they noticed. And there is no excuse for giving up a 17-0 point lead at home before halftime in the Falcons case. The Ravens D isn't a bunch of scrubs.

Thank you John Eisenberg!! Finally something I actually wanted to read about, and its about time.

Ray is going to change the game of football one more time around not only for his family, not only for the game, no only for Art, not only for the team, but for us loyal FANS. That my friends hits my deep down in my heart. when i sit in front of the t.v. and when they call Rays name i get two things one behind the other first a chill, then tears if you have never ever felt that you were never loved well you must have not been a Raven fan or listen to Rays speeches. It is two more days before the show and i have not really slept i do not think some of you have either. some days i think i am in a dream and scared to wake up. but cutting the subject short. Ravens play a perfect game of ALL TIMES not only blow the 49ers out they WILL for the first time in history SHUT THEM OUT. Yeah i said it SHUT THEM OUT.

I think the way like John Eisenberg: The defense of the Ravens is the factor which will probably decide the game Sunday. Flacco and his offense will make their points but Kaepernick has to be limited. But I also say: The Packers put some pressure on the 49ers in the Divisional Round, but in the end their offense made big mistakes and their defense broke together. 49ers won. The Falcons in the NFC Championship put more pressuere on the 49ers, but when it counts the most Matt Ryan played really bad and the Falcons defense didn't hold on to Kaepernicks offense. 49ers won at last. What we've learned? You can beat the 49ers if you make them pressure on both sides of the ball. And yes I think Flacco in the better QB and the one with more experience in the game. So I clearly think the Ravens will win Sunday.

Please remember that Jim used to be on our sidelines to support John when he was not a head coach of the 49ers and I wonder how much he has learned about us during that time. I guess we will find out on Sunday. I am so nervous but am sure we can and will win. Go Ravens.

I know it isn't likely but I sure would like to see Ray Lewis as the MVP of this game.

Very good football article for a change compared to the past couple of weeks. Grown tired of articles by the national media about how a player blows their nose and wipes it with the hanky that sits in his left rear pants pocket. GO RAVENS!

I see our chanches growing and growing: after a cautious start, now all media outlets and "experts" say the Niners are the favourites, it's more and more moving from being a close game to a sure Ninwers-win, even a blowout.

And we knwo the more we're treated as the underdogs, the better we are.

bio

Actually, 49er's started last week as 4.5 favorite. That has now closed to a 3.5 as of yesterday, but we are still the UNDERDOGS and thats fine with me. Of course NFLN and ESPN already played the game and we lost 28 to 21. LOL!
GO RAVENS!

The SB media pundits have, typically, shifted their focus to Jim's Niners because the Colin Kaepernick 10 start story is sexier than Ray's retirement outside of the Raven Nation!

That's the way we want it!

In my opinion, Eisenberg stumbled into the difference-maker of the upcoming game! A defense doesn't hold a Peyton Manning and a Tom Brady down just by tackling folks,... there's more to it!

Ray's and Ed's film study and our defense's ability to communicate translate their commands will make the difference!

[quote name='caw710' timestamp='1359729208' post='1337432']
Actually, 49er's started last week as 4.5 favorite. That has now closed to a 3.5 as of yesterday, but we are still the UNDERDOGS and thats fine with me. Of course NFLN and ESPN already played the game and we lost 28 to 21. LOL!
GO RAVENS!
[/quote]

Well, to be honest, what i follow more thoroughly is nfl network. and there it seems to be a clear trend: the first days the concensus seemed to be that it's gonna be a very close game that could go either way. That started to slip in the direction of the niners being the clearer and clearer favourites.

bio

[quote name='BmoreB' timestamp='1359721610' post='1337382']
I know it isn't likely but I sure would like to see Ray Lewis as the MVP of this game.
[/quote]

True,... but let's settle for Joe E-Lite as MVP on the strength of TD passes to "Q", Torrey, Dennis the Menace and the Dragonfly (Jacoby) in a rout!

Sometimes nuisance little brothers need to be spanked and sent running to mama!

I have to day that I really like all Ravens fans want this win so badly I can not even stand it. To win this game and be Super Bowl Champs the way they did it this post season would be something that could never be matched again. I will even concede making the playoffs next year to be able to witness the Lombordi it Ray's hand and Flaccos hand on Sunday night. I really, really want to consume to many adult beverages on Sunday night. I don't care how I feel on Monday morning at 6am for work. We have got to do this!! I don't even want to think about what it would feel like to lose this game. Could be the harderst loss ever. Even topping last years worst lose I have ever been apart of as a Raven fan.

Ray is a great general but we are lucky to have to football genius on the field. Ed Reed is a film freak like Ray and he and Ray can just look how the other team lines up and know what will happen. With these two on the field Sunday, I pity the 49ers. Their rookie QB is under a lot of pressure from the press and will make mistakes. Our D forced Peyton and Brady to make costly mistakes and how will their rookie fair. At least Jim will be able to hold the Lombardy trophy after John clears out our locker room and lets him hold our Championship trophy.

[quote name='billsbirds' timestamp='1359679233' post='1337113']
@Caw710 I do not believe John was discounting the other players he simply was saying that Ray would be calling all the defensive alignments and make sure everyone is in place to succeed in their assignments and that there is no one better to do that than #52 !!!!!
[/quote]

That's exactly it, we shut down Brady and their ability to do their quick snap bs cause we didn't have to wait for plays to be called in, they were being called on the field by both Lewis and Reed. While the 9ers have played some good defenses, they have never played against players as smart and determined as our defense. We have so much veteran leadership it's crazy scary - Lewis, Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Pollard - that's veteran's on every layer of the defense, the line, the backers and the secondary - that's something they haven't faced before. Is Kaep going to try and run it, I'm sure he is and Suggs, Ngata and Kruger will be right there to meet him!!!

About the question of whether or not Ray should dance; I think he should teach the whole team, and they would all come out of the tunnel at once, go to midfield and dance with Ray one last time as a TEAM.

This is going to be a legendary Super Bowl how ever it turns out there's so many great story lines

[quote name='Big G' timestamp='1359672018' post='1337005']
Ray will have our D line up any ready to go all day. The 9ers will not know what hit them. RAVENS 31 - 9ers 17
[/quote]

Gotta disagree. Flacco has been the difference. Our defense for sure will be key, but as I've always said. As Joe goes, we go, and he's had three off the chart games. We just beat a really good rookie in Luck, then the two legends in Manning and Brady. Sure, our defense was a huge reason, but unlike past years, Flacco has been outstanding,and now has the chance to finish it. He has finally played the way he's shown glimpses of when it counts the most.No matter what the outcome, he's proven that he can take the team on his shoulders, and that has been what all his critics, including me have been waiting for. He probably only needs to play good, and no turnovers, and we win.