Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Lardarius Update

53 posts in this topic

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana][size=3]"Ravens LCB Lardarius Webb (torn ACL, injured reserve) said he has had no setbacks in his recovery, and he'll be back next season."[/size][/font][/color]

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5331/lardarius-webb

Good news for sure

Wish him a speedy recovery

Can't wait. That will be such a great surpise/nugget for next year... We get our shutdown corner back. :D

Next year's motivation: show that we can be a top 5 defense without Ray and possibly Reed (though I really believe he'll be back here).

With talent remaining like Ngata (who is still in his prime and will be 100%), Suggs (see Ngata), Webb, Pollard, McPhee along with young potential from this draft and amongst Adrian Hamilton, McAdoo, Omar Brown, Jimmy Smith, McClellan, J. McClain, Nigel Carr and Josh Bynes, we should bounce back defensively into the top 5 in 2013.

[quote name='Bazooka Joe' timestamp='1359666818' post='1336928']
Next year's motivation: show that we can be a top 5 defense without Ray and possibly Reed (though I really believe he'll be back here).

With talent remaining like Ngata (who is still in his prime and will be 100%), Suggs (see Ngata), Webb, Pollard, McPhee along with young potential from this draft and amongst Adrian Hamilton, McAdoo, Omar Brown, Jimmy Smith, McClellan, J. McClain, Nigel Carr and Josh Bynes, we should bounce back defensively into the top 5 in 2013.
[/quote]
I'm with you, minus a few of those guys. Not a fan of McClain, and Bynes has been OK but may be nothing more than a ST player. Same for Carr. Brown's shown flashes.

I'm excited for Webb. He's an excellent player, and I don't think this affects him at all.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1359667040' post='1336934']

I'm with you, minus a few of those guys. Not a fan of McClain, and Bynes has been OK but may be nothing more than a ST player. Same for Carr. Brown's shown flashes.

I'm excited for Webb. He's an excellent player, and I don't think this affects him at all.
[/quote]

True. Besides, this year's drafters/UDFAs should replace some of these guys.

I'd cut Jameel if it means keeping Ellerbe. I still see Nigel Carr as a major diamond in the rough.

[quote name='Bazooka Joe' timestamp='1359666818' post='1336928']
[u][b]Next year's motivation: show that we can be a top 5 defense without Ray and possibly Reed [/b][/u](though I really believe he'll be back here).

[/quote]

Honestly if we can get top 10 in defense and offense next year, that should bode well for another deep playoff run. IJS

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1359668529' post='1336960']
I thought i was about to read that he was playing on Sunday... I almost flipped my computer
[/quote]

:lol: We wish!

I just hope there are no lingering effects from the injury. He got paid a lot of money and if he's hampered that's going to be bad for the team.

[quote name='Bazooka Joe' timestamp='1359667293' post='1336943']

I'd cut Jameel if it means keeping Ellerbe. I still see Nigel Carr as a major diamond in the rough.
[/quote]

I haven't heard anything about McClain's recovery process. I'll be surprised if he returns given the position he plays and the injury he sustained.

[quote name='HoldingCall' timestamp='1359672389' post='1337011']
I haven't heard anything about McClain's recovery process. I'll be surprised if he returns given the position he plays and the injury he sustained.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/season-ending-injuries-cant-dampen-trios-spirits"]He still hasn't been cleared for contact but he expects to be by OTAs[/url].

[quote name='Bazooka Joe' timestamp='1359667293' post='1336943']

[/quote][quote name='Bazooka Joe' timestamp='1359667293' post='1336943']

[/quote]Then why Don't we trade McClain for a pick in this years draft

I was crushed when Webb got injured. He deserves to be down in the field being one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL with a ring added to his name.

Sure we found out Corey Graham is great, but still it sucks hard. Glad he's recovering!

Why hasn't Webb been on the sideline for any games? Suggs and Lewis were there when they were out. Did he make the trip to NO with the team?

[quote name='Raven552' timestamp='1359675269' post='1337051']
Why hasn't Webb been on the sideline for any games? Suggs and Lewis were there when they were out. Did he make the trip to NO with the team?
[/quote]

He's been there for the past few weeks and is in New Orleans. He's only been to home games that I've seen. I know it's difficult to stand for long times with a torn ACL, which is why he probably wasn't there up until playoffs time.

[quote name='Brandon22' timestamp='1359672929' post='1337017']
Then why Don't we trade McClain for a pick in this years draft
[/quote]
He has no trade value at all. Nobody trades for a decent (not excellent or great) player like him unless it's a wash. Like we did with Bryan McCann for John Beck. There is no value with McClain. We won't even get a 7th for him. Teams covet draft picks.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1359675428' post='1337055']

He has no trade value at all. Nobody trades for a decent (not excellent or great) player like him unless it's a wash. Like we did with Bryan McCann for John Beck. There is no value with McClain. We won't even get a 7th for him. Teams covet draft picks.
[/quote]
I think we could get atleast a 7 for him.

[quote name='Brandon22' timestamp='1359672929' post='1337017']
Then why Don't we trade McClain for a pick in this years draft
[/quote]

I love Madden!

[quote name='RayRicefan2720' timestamp='1359676796' post='1337074']
Do you guys think they might try him at Safety next season? That is IF Reed goes elsewhere?
[/quote]

No and it's foolish to think we'd ever move a shutdown corner to FS.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1359676400' post='1337067']

I think we could get atleast a 7 for him.
[/quote]
I said this last year. I will say it again: I think McClain is really overrated. The only team that would probably give us a 7th are the Jets.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1359679865' post='1337125']
I said this last year. I will say it again: I think McClain is really overrated. The only team that would probably give us a 7th are the Jets.
[/quote]
Colts maybe? I don't think McClain is [i]that[/i] bad.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1359677399' post='1337080']
No and it's foolish to think we'd ever move a shutdown corner to FS.
[/quote]
This early in his career, yes. It would be foolish. But in like 5-6 years it could be a good idea.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1359681525' post='1337138']

Colts maybe? I don't think McClain is [i]that[/i] bad.
[/quote]
He's not garbage, no. But what I am saying is he wasn't that great before the injury. Now, he is coming off of a spinal injury that may have neurological damage as a complication. Huge red flags for a linebacker who is supposed to tackle.