52 replies to this topic

#1 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

"Ravens LCB Lardarius Webb (torn ACL, injured reserve) said he has had no setbacks in his recovery, and he'll be back next season."

http://www.rotoworld.../lardarius-webb

Good news for sure

Wish him a speedy recovery

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Can't wait. That will be such a great surpise/nugget for next year... We get our shutdown corner back. :D
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Next year's motivation: show that we can be a top 5 defense without Ray and possibly Reed (though I really believe he'll be back here).

With talent remaining like Ngata (who is still in his prime and will be 100%), Suggs (see Ngata), Webb, Pollard, McPhee along with young potential from this draft and amongst Adrian Hamilton, McAdoo, Omar Brown, Jimmy Smith, McClellan, J. McClain, Nigel Carr and Josh Bynes, we should bounce back defensively into the top 5 in 2013.

#4 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,647 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Next year's motivation: show that we can be a top 5 defense without Ray and possibly Reed (though I really believe he'll be back here).

With talent remaining like Ngata (who is still in his prime and will be 100%), Suggs (see Ngata), Webb, Pollard, McPhee along with young potential from this draft and amongst Adrian Hamilton, McAdoo, Omar Brown, Jimmy Smith, McClellan, J. McClain, Nigel Carr and Josh Bynes, we should bounce back defensively into the top 5 in 2013.

I'm with you, minus a few of those guys. Not a fan of McClain, and Bynes has been OK but may be nothing more than a ST player. Same for Carr. Brown's shown flashes.

I'm excited for Webb. He's an excellent player, and I don't think this affects him at all.

#5 Bobby

Bobby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Can't wait to get him back...love to yell LAAAAAAAR-DARIUS!!!!!!!! whenever he makes a play! Love that cat!
Win, Lose, or Draw - RAVENS ARE MY TEAM!

#6 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'm with you, minus a few of those guys. Not a fan of McClain, and Bynes has been OK but may be nothing more than a ST player. Same for Carr. Brown's shown flashes.

I'm excited for Webb. He's an excellent player, and I don't think this affects him at all.

True. Besides, this year's drafters/UDFAs should replace some of these guys.

I'd cut Jameel if it means keeping Ellerbe. I still see Nigel Carr as a major diamond in the rough.

#7 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I thought i was about to read that he was playing on Sunday... I almost flipped my computer

z66oxxi.jpg

#8 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Can't wait either :).

Let's go Webby!

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#9 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Honestly if we can get top 10 in defense and offense next year, that should bode well for another deep playoff run. IJS

#10 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I thought i was about to read that he was playing on Sunday... I almost flipped my computer

:lol: We wish!

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#11 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I just hope there are no lingering effects from the injury. He got paid a lot of money and if he's hampered that's going to be bad for the team.

#12 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'd cut Jameel if it means keeping Ellerbe. I still see Nigel Carr as a major diamond in the rough.

I haven't heard anything about McClain's recovery process. I'll be surprised if he returns given the position he plays and the injury he sustained.

#13 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I haven't heard anything about McClain's recovery process. I'll be surprised if he returns given the position he plays and the injury he sustained.

He still hasn't been cleared for contact but he expects to be by OTAs.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#14 Brandon22

Brandon22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Then why Don't we trade McClain for a pick in this years draft
"Its not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward!...thats how winning is done!"-Rocky
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#15 SirPainsalot

SirPainsalot

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I was crushed when Webb got injured. He deserves to be down in the field being one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL with a ring added to his name.

Sure we found out Corey Graham is great, but still it sucks hard. Glad he's recovering!

#16 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,256 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I just hope that next year's injury report will be no where as brutal. This year was seriously brutal!

#17 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Why hasn't Webb been on the sideline for any games? Suggs and Lewis were there when they were out. Did he make the trip to NO with the team?

#18 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Why hasn't Webb been on the sideline for any games? Suggs and Lewis were there when they were out. Did he make the trip to NO with the team?

He's been there for the past few weeks and is in New Orleans. He's only been to home games that I've seen. I know it's difficult to stand for long times with a torn ACL, which is why he probably wasn't there up until playoffs time.

#19 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,647 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Then why Don't we trade McClain for a pick in this years draft

He has no trade value at all. Nobody trades for a decent (not excellent or great) player like him unless it's a wash. Like we did with Bryan McCann for John Beck. There is no value with McClain. We won't even get a 7th for him. Teams covet draft picks.

#20 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I miss you Webb!!<3 Get better brotha!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users