31 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,804 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

The 49ers have a powerful running game and a great pass rush, but where are their weaknesses?

View the full article

#2 Billy2448

Billy2448

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Ravens definitely going to have to bring their A game. It's going to be a dog fight, let's get it Ravens!

#3 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

The 49ers corners can't play man to man

#4 baadbobby

baadbobby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think if the Ravens stay run-heavy to set up the deep passes, and max protect Flacco when it's time, we have a big day on the O.
I also think if Kaepernick can be contained to his pocket and kept away from the sidelines, he will be forced to throw more than he can, making a big day for the Ravens D. We will not be able to completely shut down Gore and Kaepernick all day, but containment is key.
If the Ravens special teams players just handle their assignments we win that battle too.

#5 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Their secondary is their weakness - a lot like the Steelers, phenomenal pass rush but their best player in the secondary is the strong safety. It's going to come down to containing their pass rush, opening running lanes and giving Flacco time to deliver the ball - I have every confidence the receivers will be getting open consistently in this game, my big concern is keeping Flacco upright.

#6 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I smell a dog fight brewing, I don't care how we do it let's just get it done!!! #Ravenswin

#7 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can't wait to see what Deen Pees, Clarence Brooks, Ted Monachino, and Teryl Austin have dialed up.

Definitely not a believer in their receiving corps. Pretty sure that our DBs can run with them at the very least...at most I think our DBs can handcuff them pretty good. Especially if they take away Davis, whether Pollard is matched up on him or not. I would think that Ed Reed will affect CK's readiness to throw the ball every time...and if not, he could be in for a long day.

#8 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Can't wait to see what Jim Caldwell has dialed up and can't wait to see how they use 30...and 27 for that matter

#9 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

The NINERS look like all world on paper but in reality have struggled in different areas this season

1. The RAMS beat them and tied them this season... and Steven Jax showed you can run on them...as Jeff Fisher defensively stacked the box and took away thier run
2. THe Vikings beat them and AP did what he does but also proving they can be run on!
3. The GIANTS beat them 26-3 and showed what a strong DL can do... howing FGORE to 36 yards
4. THe PATS -dismantled them - and the 49ers LB's couldnt stop the TE mismatch
5. THe Seahawks beat them... running the ball and stopping their run... Kapernick lead the team in rushing wth 31 yards
6. The Packers lost but put up 31 points with big plays attacking Carlos Rogers
7. the Falcns lost but had to beat themselves with turnovers... as Julio Jones put up big play after big play attacking ROGERS also.

The 49ers sent the entire OL to the probowl but last thanksginving surrendered a record # of sacks vs us.

THey look great on paper but have a ton weakness that we can exploit....
Plus I still think that virtually a rokie QB in the super bowl is more of a liability then an asset!

#10 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Kaepernick hasn't even started a full season's worth of games Ed Reed is gonna have a pick or two

#11 mrs.raven

mrs.raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Strengths, weaknesses, rookies, veterans, etc...either way, this is going to be one heck of a game on Sunday and it is going to be so much fun to watch! I am so excited!

Here we go Ravens, here we go!!!!!

#12 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Last 4 games played 49ers are giving up an average of 26 points per game with the Ravens allowing only 14 points per game.

This game will be much like our first SB as we crush their spirit early and often.

Ravens 34 49ers 17

Ray Rice MVP 160 AP yards and 3 TD's

#13 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Is it true the Ravens left behind a cheerleader for a 2 pound weight gain if thats true then you should leave Steve behind for that brutal tan that looks like 2 pounds of makeup

#14 smalljaws

smalljaws

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Win the kicking game, accumulate more rushing yards, and protect Joe so he can make the big play. Hound, hit, and pick their 9 start QB and the Ravens win by two TD's. Caw ! Caw !

#15 Coolhurt

Coolhurt

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

It's gonna be a smash mouth game. We are use to it they are new to it. Our kicking game is better. Raven win by 4 28/24

#16 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Please note that this article is about Strengths, Weaknesses Of 49ers not cheerleaders.

Please post your comments in an appropriate topic.
15fqib6.jpg

#17 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

With two very good defenses this could be all about Justin Tucker vs David Akers. We had some atrocious field position in the first half of the Pats game and it slowed the offense down a lot. Koch is a very good punter...don't know the Niners punter but I wouldn't mind seeing a battle of the kicking game....(well okay...Joe throws at least one TD)

#18 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

And the Ravens have allot of big plays

#19 monahco

monahco

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

The NINERS look like all world on paper but in reality have struggled in different areas this season

1. The RAMS beat them and tied them this season... and Steven Jax showed you can run on them...as Jeff Fisher defensively stacked the box and took away thier run
2. THe Vikings beat them and AP did what he does but also proving they can be run on!
3. The GIANTS beat them 26-3 and showed what a strong DL can do... howing FGORE to 36 yards
4. THe PATS -dismantled them - and the 49ers LB's couldnt stop the TE mismatch
5. THe Seahawks beat them... running the ball and stopping their run... Kapernick lead the team in rushing wth 31 yards
6. The Packers lost but put up 31 points with big plays attacking Carlos Rogers
7. the Falcns lost but had to beat themselves with turnovers... as Julio Jones put up big play after big play attacking ROGERS also.

The 49ers sent the entire OL to the probowl but last thanksginving surrendered a record # of sacks vs us.

THey look great on paper but have a ton weakness that we can exploit....
Plus I still think that virtually a rokie QB in the super bowl is more of a liability then an asset!

The 49ers actually beat the Pats. Alex Smith played and threw 3 ints in that Giants game. The Rams aren't good for much but their tthe team the Ravens need to watch game tape on. They also beat RG3 and the Redskins who run something similar.

#20 jackrogers

jackrogers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Their main weakness is Jim versus John. John always got the best of Jim when they were growing up. There is no reason to think anything will change on Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users