65 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,543 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Reed could see himself as a Patriot. Deer antler spray not banned.Denver mayor pays up.

View the full article

#2 JeezyTheSnowMan

JeezyTheSnowMan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Like I said, Ed shouldn't even entertain that idea of playing for NE while he's on the Ravens getting ready for the Super Bowl. He come off as unloyal. We had some Ravens fans in the comments defending that, is just crazy!

#3 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Insulin Growth Factor is only effective if it is injected into the blood stream. The spray won't do anything.... The guy who owns the company made the claim that Ray Lewis was using his product and healed quickly from his tricep injury. Ray Lewis is the biggest name in sports at this moment, and the dude that made this accusations just got tons of free publicity for his product. Don't have a link, but I heard this guy's website got so much traffic after this report that it shut down.

#4 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I cannot and will not stomach the idea of Ed Reed, whose jersey I have 2 of, playing for the Patriots.

#5 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Ed as a Patriot? Thought about that yesterdy... Wow... That's almost like Hines Ward being a Raven... No thumbs down folks... I know it's a possibility, but that's just how ridiculous I think it sounds... I think Ozzie will get Ed to reconsider that thought process.

#6 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Art Model is one of the founders of the NFL, of course he deserves the HOF!
GO RAVENS!

#7 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

ESPN made it seem like Ed said he wants to play for the Pats. After reading this, all he is basically saying is he respects Belichick and wouldnt mind playing for him if he has to.

If anyone thinks Eds first choice isnt Baltimore hasnt watched football for the past 11 years to see what he has given up for the organization. He will be back if Joe gets a long term deal done before franchise tagging him. If not, we may see him in New England, Indy or Denver.

#8 BadNews BlackBird

BadNews BlackBird

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

What annoys me the most about this week is that, what the Ravens are doing now they have been doing all season. Flacco saying he is Elite. Ed making controversial statements, Suggs and Ray Rice playing around, Jacoby Dancing, Anquan and Haloti being quiet leaders, And most importantly RAY LEWIS PREACHING. These outside reporters are labeling things as distractions because they have no clue. I thought you are suppose to keep everything as normal as you can during Superbowl week. Raven Nation knows our Boys.

#9 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Wow! ... Denver Mayor Hancock sure didn't seem sincere in that video.
Oh well, at least he 'did it'!

All I have to say is ...

More Baltimore Crabcakes for us real Ravens fans!!!

Go get 'em Ravens!!!

#10 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Reading about Ozzie's crusade for Art Modell's "case" for the HOF really touched me.

"But this is what I believe: Art Modell should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I hope he makes it this time. … And, if he does, I will be sad that it didn't happen when he was alive.”

It's a sad world when the best of us aren't recognized for what they do until they pass away...

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#11 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Anyone else notice the mayor wiping his forehead with a niners rag?

#12 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

OMG!!! Ed Reed will not be a Patsie next year!
Ed will be a RAVEN, Joe will get his contract, Rice will still be our starting RB, Ray Lewis will be on his way into the HOF, and the BALTIMORE RAVENS will be the NFL Super Bowl Champions. You all need to have a little more faith in the wizard of OZZ.
GO RAVENS!

#13 ravenpic

ravenpic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Art Modell's Browns and Ravens. Art was an NFL Championship and a Super Bowl Championship owner. He surrounded himself with the best people to achieve this. He did it with dignity. Should he miss out on the HOF it is their loss and not Art's.

#14 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

you know what? some of the comments ed reed makes, in the past 2 years, all i have to say is good riddance if we let him walk. he has been a selfish diva the past 2 years and i dont want any type of player like that on this team, i dont care about his amazing career, you dont run ur mouth on this kinda subject 4 days before the super bowl. he must have lost his marbles.

#15 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

The funny thing about all of this outside press is, we have so many great stories on our team. NOt just Ray's or Torrey's. Lil Ray had a tough go at it, Cary Williams story will make you cry, Reed, KO, Rookie Justin Tucker, Graham, Matt Birk. It is so silly this cant be about football. The biggest game of the year and it coes down to poor comentary and bad reporting. If anything all the bull has to keep the player loose.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 31 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.
Profanity

#16 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Some of these sideshow stories are why I believe the ProBowl should be played at the same venue as the Superbowl as a precursor. First and foremost it brings in more stars to be interviewed and then the other storylines like MVP debates can take the place of silly questions like whether Dennis Pitta is ticklish or not.

#17 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

The Ravens have been termed a team of destiny. How apropos that Destiny's Child will be reunited at half time.

#18 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Let's all think about this for a second. Let's just assume Ray used this stuff...hypothetically speaking.

My question is this: did the Deer Antler Spray say somewhere on the box, or did the owner who allegedly sold it to him mention "this has a substance in it that is banned by the NFL"

Deer Antler Spray is not banned by the NFL, but rather has something in there that is banned. Was that something highlighted when it was allegedly sold? There's got to be over a 100 things listed on the banned substance list for the NFL and I would think that if it were written in red, players would know they are taking a chance. I'm assuming, that the box or bottle has little teeny tiny print.

Weird, all those who wanted to poke holes in the Manti Teo nonsense have gone on vacation
  • There's clearly something wrong with this guy from the company if he's selling something to an NFL player that he knows is banned.
  • You hypothetically make your money, you take a man's business, and then you go to the tabloids to say "Hey guess what, I made money off of this guy by selling him something I wasn't supposed to sell him".
  • Why did this guy lay low for so long? Why didn't he tell Sports Illustrated back in Week 15 when Ray was first eligible for return?
  • Why on earth would you rat yourself out. This now means that any NFL player that is injured has to think twice about buying any of your product because you would have just put yourself on the NFL's blacklist.
I'm not sure I'm buying his story because no smart businessman would put himself out there and say I sold him an illegal substance because every smart businessman would know that he has a chance to make more profit if he stayed under the radar.

You talk about a a low-down-dirty-shame. Only thing worse than a sleazeball is a sleazeball who can't even tell a good lie!

#19 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Completely off topic, but the SF local radio has finally resorted to the "Ray the Murderer" and "Ray the Cheater" routes...It's really sad what some folks do in order to feel better about themselves.

It really seems as though the media outside of Baltimore will focus on anything and everything "negative" about the Ravens. Thank goodness us fans outside of Maryland have this site to come to!

#20 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Last Night My dad suprised me with Tickets to the game !!! See ya all in NOLA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users