Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/31: Ozzie Newsome Makes Hall of Fame Case For Art Modell

67 posts in this topic

Reed could see himself as a Patriot. Deer antler spray not banned.Denver mayor pays up.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-131-Ozzie-Newsome-Makes-Hall-of-Fame-Case-For-Art-Modell/4c5e3aca-d34d-4bd3-8745-d001c5aac838]View the full article[/url]

Like I said, Ed shouldn't even entertain that idea of playing for NE while he's on the Ravens getting ready for the Super Bowl. He come off as unloyal. We had some Ravens fans in the comments defending that, is just crazy!

Insulin Growth Factor is only effective if it is injected into the blood stream. The spray won't do anything.... The guy who owns the company made the claim that Ray Lewis was using his product and healed quickly from his tricep injury. Ray Lewis is the biggest name in sports at this moment, and the dude that made this accusations just got tons of free publicity for his product. Don't have a link, but I heard this guy's website got so much traffic after this report that it shut down.

Ed as a Patriot? Thought about that yesterdy... Wow... That's almost like Hines Ward being a Raven... No thumbs down folks... I know it's a possibility, but that's just how ridiculous I think it sounds... I think Ozzie will get Ed to reconsider that thought process.

ESPN made it seem like Ed said he wants to play for the Pats. After reading this, all he is basically saying is he respects Belichick and wouldnt mind playing for him if he has to.

If anyone thinks Eds first choice isnt Baltimore hasnt watched football for the past 11 years to see what he has given up for the organization. He will be back if Joe gets a long term deal done before franchise tagging him. If not, we may see him in New England, Indy or Denver.

What annoys me the most about this week is that, what the Ravens are doing now they have been doing all season. Flacco saying he is Elite. Ed making controversial statements, Suggs and Ray Rice playing around, Jacoby Dancing, Anquan and Haloti being quiet leaders, And most importantly RAY LEWIS PREACHING. These outside reporters are labeling things as distractions because they have no clue. I thought you are suppose to keep everything as normal as you can during Superbowl week. Raven Nation knows our Boys.

Wow! ... Denver Mayor Hancock sure didn't seem sincere in that video.
Oh well, at least he 'did it'!

All I have to say is ...

More Baltimore Crabcakes for us real Ravens fans!!!

Go get 'em Ravens!!!

Reading about Ozzie's crusade for Art Modell's "case" for the HOF really touched me.

"But this is what I believe: Art Modell should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I hope he makes it this time. … And, if he does, I will be sad that it didn't happen when he was alive.”

It's a sad world when the best of us aren't recognized for what they do until they pass away...

OMG!!! Ed Reed will not be a Patsie next year!
Ed will be a RAVEN, Joe will get his contract, Rice will still be our starting RB, Ray Lewis will be on his way into the HOF, and the BALTIMORE RAVENS will be the NFL Super Bowl Champions. You all need to have a little more faith in the wizard of OZZ.
GO RAVENS!

Art Modell's Browns and Ravens. Art was an NFL Championship and a Super Bowl Championship owner. He surrounded himself with the best people to achieve this. He did it with dignity. Should he miss out on the HOF it is their loss and not Art's.

you know what? some of the comments ed reed makes, in the past 2 years, all i have to say is good riddance if we let him walk. he has been a selfish diva the past 2 years and i dont want any type of player like that on this team, i dont care about his amazing career, you dont run ur mouth on this kinda subject 4 days before the super bowl. he must have lost his marbles.

The funny thing about all of this outside press is, we have so many great stories on our team. NOt just Ray's or Torrey's. Lil Ray had a tough go at it, Cary Williams story will make you cry, Reed, KO, Rookie Justin Tucker, Graham, Matt Birk. It is so silly this cant be about football. The biggest game of the year and it coes down to poor comentary and bad reporting. If anything all the bull has to keep the player loose.

Some of these sideshow stories are why I believe the ProBowl should be played at the same venue as the Superbowl as a precursor. First and foremost it brings in more stars to be interviewed and then the other storylines like MVP debates can take the place of silly questions like whether Dennis Pitta is ticklish or not.

Let's all think about this for a second. Let's just assume Ray used this stuff...hypothetically speaking.

My question is this: did the Deer Antler Spray say somewhere on the box, or did the owner who allegedly sold it to him mention "this has a substance in it that is banned by the NFL"

Deer Antler Spray is not banned by the NFL, but rather has something in there that is banned. Was that something highlighted when it was allegedly sold? There's got to be over a 100 things listed on the banned substance list for the NFL and I would think that if it were written in red, players would know they are taking a chance. I'm assuming, that the box or bottle has little teeny tiny print.

Weird, all those who wanted to poke holes in the Manti Teo nonsense have gone on vacation[list]
[*]There's clearly something wrong with this guy from the company if he's selling something to an NFL player that he knows is banned.
[*]You hypothetically make your money, you take a man's business, and then you go to the tabloids to say "Hey guess what, I made money off of this guy by selling him something I wasn't supposed to sell him".
[*]Why did this guy lay low for so long? Why didn't he tell Sports Illustrated back in Week 15 when Ray was first eligible for return?
[*]Why on earth would you rat yourself out. This now means that any NFL player that is injured has to think twice about buying any of your product because you would have just put yourself on the NFL's blacklist.
[/list]
I'm not sure I'm buying his story because no smart businessman would put himself out there and say I sold him an illegal substance because every smart businessman would know that he has a chance to make more profit if he stayed under the radar.

You talk about a a low-down-dirty-shame. Only thing worse than a sleazeball is a sleazeball who can't even tell a good lie!

Completely off topic, but the SF local radio has finally resorted to the "Ray the Murderer" and "Ray the Cheater" routes...It's really sad what some folks do in order to feel better about themselves.

It really seems as though the media outside of Baltimore will focus on anything and everything "negative" about the Ravens. Thank goodness us fans outside of Maryland have this site to come to!

u know what, let them talk negative about us, that's cool with us, by the media standards we're not supposed to be here, like suggs said they are on to us since the begining , so lets win this thing .

Ok... I'll admit it. I'm sick of the coverage. All I've done for the last week and a half is watch NFL Network and ESPN. How can you not find anything better to talk about than, "The Brothers" - "Ray Lewis" - "Deer Antlers"... I feel like there are a lot of other great topics that could be touched on???? I get that media has to 'cover the hot topic' but honestly what happened to digging deep? How about highlighting to the whole league fan base how the Ravens became who they are, the fact Belichick was there the year before, that the Packers were going to pick Ray Lewis, but at the last second we got him?

The articles coming out about Ray are dispicable slander back by jeliousy and envy!
It the same crap I hear from Squeelers fans.
Ray Lewis deserves the respect of a great player because he EARNED it!
GO RAY, GO RAVENS

Speaking of the media, which always gives us love...I thought I would recap what they said so far about the Ravens:

Media said: Won't win any more games, done put a fork in them.....
Ravens answer: DO win more and are the 4th seed in the playoffs

Media said: "Chuck Strong" motivated offense with Luck too much for Ravens
Ravens answer: Dominated Colts 24-9 not allowing a touchdown for the Colts

Media said: Thin air, Peyton Manning is a QB master, Denvers's defense too Strong for Ravens to win, Ravens don't stand a chance.
Ravens answer: Ravens win a shoot out 38-35 in double overtime, Flacco out plays Manning

Media said: NE Brady is the best QB of all time, NE has offensive jugernaught, Ravens won't win because of "hurry up" offense of Pats
Ravens answer: Defense held Brady from scoring in the entire second half, Flacco out plays Brady Ravens go to Superbowl

So......as you can see we can take all the media "statements" and pretty much disregard them.

GO RAVENS!

We beat the number 1 and 2 seeds in their houses. Denver had won 11 in a row and the patriots had won 11 of their last 12. None of it means a thing because the team that will win is the healthiest team playing the best in the first week in February and there is no doubt which team that is. No team deserves it more and no group of players deserve it more than the Ravens.