53 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Head Coach John Harbaugh has struck the right emotional chord during Super Bowl week.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

It's good to have fun. It'll be all business come kickoff. And business will be good.

Edited by Berkeley_Raven, 30 January 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#3 RavensQB

RavensQB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Kemo looks like he just ate 10 hard boiled eggs lol

#4 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

The Ravens are business like when they need to be, but have a blast and let their personalties show when the time is right.

#5 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

They are at ease with each other,very relaxed and comfortable, Quiet confidence. No one beating their own drum as the greatest. "TEAM" first,last and always. Ray's band of brothers playfully prepared and ready. GO RAY-vens!! CAN'T WAIT !! but I'm just a fan.

#6 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Ihedigbo was in the Super Bowql last year , is he relaxed?

#7 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Two ways to see this...If we win, we had the better time both before, AND after. If we lose, we had a good time, and it will be said that we didn't take it serious enough. I don't think our guys lose anything by having fun. The 49ers aren't game planning during a media session,or a photo shoot, so as long as our guys are focused Sunday, it's all just more fodder for journalist.

#8 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Franchise Super Bowls are overrated. No one in the 49ers organization is left from the last Super Bowl team, and it's silly to say that the players and coaches know how to behave just based on the fact that the 49ers have won Super Bowls before.

The 49ers are businesslike because that's how Jim Harbaugh wants them to be, and the Ravens are laid back because that's how John Harbaugh wants them to be. It's just a function of team atmosphere.

#9 n#7

n#7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I wouldn't worry too much fellow Ravens fans about the bloviating nonsense coming from the windbags trying to pass themselves off a legitimate reporters. The attempt to rattle the fellas, and by extension us, will fail miserably. When the R's capture that trophy they'll be the ones rattled while reporting same and eating a large helping of Raven's crow to boot. It's going to be fun to watch them trying to talk and eat at the same time.

#10 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

The superbowl should be a happy time for both teams,but these reporters are the worst group of guys ever!Today I,ll stop reading and watching stories about the Ravens until 6.30 sunday.

#11 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Kemo looks like he just ate 10 hard boiled eggs lol

I think suggs bust loose next t0 him :bitenails:

Edited by outkast1, 30 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Throw it,so he can catch it,sloppy joe?

#12 Rivera

Rivera

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Players business isn't media, leave it to the staff. Those medias sessions should be fun and chillin. As long, They don't say wrong things or something like that... Media time can be fun time, game time is the prime time.

#13 BmorePride5220

BmorePride5220

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Great to see the players have fun during the most stressful game of the year, testament to the way John handles the team, he and Jim maybe brothers but their polar opposites in personality, an obviously I prefer John's style

#14 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think John Harbaugh continues to work to find that right balance between giving the players a degree of control in their own affairs with out letting the inmates run the asylum. I really think that the Cam thing was more about releasing some of the control from the coaching staff to the players, than it was about Xs and Os or play calling.

Other coaches rule with an iron fist and Jim seems like he's more on that side of the spectrum. With our veteran leadership, I think the degree of freedom our players are granted is a good thing.

Edited by balfan23, 30 January 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#15 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Here's hoping the WORLD finally gets to see that the better Harbaugh coaches the Ravens.

#16 ashleemarie

ashleemarie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Am I the only person who thinks it's bull that the 49ers get the Saints facility and we have a baseball field?

Edited by Grapple Raven, 30 January 2013 - 10:47 PM.
Profanity

#17 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

@ashleemarie.... The SB is being held in an NFC stadium so the home team is the 49ers. We are the "visiting" team so we get whatever is given. I really don't think it matters to our guys where they practice or play, they can take care of business wherever they are.

#18 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

They have the baseball fields because of the renovation to the Tulane football field. Shame on Tulane for knowing the Super Bowl is being played in your town (for years), and you decide to completely overhaul the football field prior to the game.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#19 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Like the laughter of Vikings before battle.....come Sunday, game on!

GO RAVENS!

#20 TheEz88

TheEz88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just from a personality stand point i'd much rather have John Harbaugh....Jim doesnt look like he has that much fun and he acts like a complete child on the sidlines when things dont go his way.
That first game at GB how he spit and gnashed his teeth after one call to the NFC Championship where he over dramatically flails his arms and slapped the field in protest is just ridiculous. You get away with it now, but when you're team starts losing its going to reflect very poorly on you
Obviously as a coach I cant complain with the results, he turned a talented but losing team into a very dominant and strong winning team.
Just saying he acts like a child and needs to grow up sometimes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users