23 replies to this topic

#21 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

There's nothing you can do about "fairness," but I was a little disappointed when I heard about the baseball field being used to practice on because of "renovations" to wherever they were supposed to practice. For an event as huge as the Super Bowl, how can you possibly schedule renovations during this week?

Posted Image

#22 Seattle49er

Seattle49er

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Aren't they sharing the indoor Saints field today?

#23 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,890 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Aren't they sharing the indoor Saints field today?

I believe so. I wouldn't exactly call it sharing. In order to do so we have to change our normal routine and practice later (after the 49ers regular time). We don't really have much of a choice. We need to get out of the elements to at least get a little bit of indoor practice before the game.
Posted Image

#24 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's all a show, with fictional storylines.

Bottom line is... the Ravens should have just stay in Baltimore until today and REALLY treat it like it's just another away game.

If the media wants to interview the players or coaches... make them come to Baltimore. Bring some of that revenue up to our hometown.

If the NFL wants to fine a team for not making a circus out of it... small price to pay if it brings another (and long overdue) Championship to Baltimore.

What are they going to do, kick the Ravens out of the Super Bowl and not allow them to play?

Seriously, why not train at your facilities all week(which are widely considered the best in the NFL)... and then fly down the day before just like any other away game?

It's too late to find out if it would have worked now... but I certainly would have loved to see Harbaugh and the Ravens say "we're doing this OUR WAY. The RAVENS way!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users