Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

NFL Fairness

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Why are the RAY-vens practicing on a muddy makeshift Tulane Univ. baseball outfield while the 48ers get to use the Saint indoor practice facilities preparing for the Super Bowl? Does the NFL fear a RAY-ven victory that much? Wasn't the assignment of the Booger bunch enough of an edge for San Francisco?

#2 Tregs

Tregs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I gave up on any sense of fairness in the No Fun League with Goodell's bogus fines and unethical refs.

#3 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

i got the same question makes no sense how were outside on a baseball field they get an indoor football field for an indoor football game... but what do i know must make sense somewhere.

#4 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Why are the RAY-vens practicing on a muddy makeshift Tulane Univ. baseball outfield while the 48ers get to use the Saint indoor practice facilities preparing for the Super Bowl? Does the NFL fear a RAY-ven victory that much? Wasn't the assignment of the Booger bunch enough of an edge for San Francisco?

That has nothing to do with fairness frankly. It so happens that the AFC and NFC alternate being home and away teams in the SB. This year happens to be the NFC being the home team. Since they are the home team they get to practice in their stadium and get to use the weight room of the Saints. While the away team (Ravens) have to make other arrangements....

However, this does not mean that the NFL is not enjoying us being the away team. If upto them, they would have made us the away team anyway!

Edited by ellicottraven, 30 January 2013 - 08:19 PM.

"We are the Champions my friends"!

#5 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

the darn nfl is out trying to get us! lol cmon, it just happened that way.
Posted Image

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Has anyone entertained the very possible idea that the teams are alternating practices on the field? Or are we silly conspiracy theorists who blame the NFL for everything including world hunger?

Ray is just preparing us. He has been to the promise land before and is making everyone work hard.

I actually kind of like that we get the harsher conditions. It is a better training idea. It is more "hostilie environment", if anything WE are getting more training, and becoming more prepared, while the 69ers are sitting around doing this.
Posted Image

#7 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Isn't it up to Harbs to get his own practice field?

#8 Ravens2013ornothing

Ravens2013ornothing

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

lets just be real here no one thought we would be here but us, no one wants us to win but us. We are the underdogs, and represent the blue collared people, that work hard and our always UNDERDOGS! The niners our favored, everybody wants them to win, all NFL analysts say niners will win, the polls 70/30. We aint getting no respect and havent since the first playoff game with the colts until now. We must win Sunday and shut up all haters and analysts, this will prove it dont matter what you say or think because it comes down to the team who is playing on sunday. I want Kapernick to see a whole new animal with us, and understand the Ravens aint no joke we play old school dick butkis and lawrence taylor type football.

#9 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Isn't it up to Harbs to get his own practice field?

No. The NFL decides well in advance. They actually knew of this possibility and decided to stick with the plan (Originally it was going to be the actual football field). If the Patriots won, they would have had the same as us.

Edited by PuRock, 30 January 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image

#10 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Besides, look at it in a different light. This only gives the Ravens that much more adversity to deal with and we all know how our team thrives off that. You think Harbs won't use it in one of his speeches?

And who said 'muddy'? The field uses artificial turf and if its raining we split the indoor facilities.
Posted Image

#11 Tank 92

Tank 92

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

if its raining we split the indoor facilities.

Is this right? Hadn't read that. I did read that next year in NY the NFC gets the Giants practice facility and the AFC gets the Jets facility. So, next year the Ravens won't have this issue!

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#12 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Is this right? Hadn't read that. I did read that next year in NY the NFC gets the Giants practice facility and the AFC gets the Jets facility. So, next year the Ravens won't have this issue!

I did read that, but I don't know how the actual logistics would work. You obviously couldn't have the teams practicing at the same time. I am guessing they'd have to take split shifts if it rained all day.
Posted Image

#13 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

FYI, the Ravens were given the option to practice after the 49ers at the indoor facility but declined and decided to practice on the baseball field at an earlier time.

http://sports.yahoo....29041--nfl.html

Baltimore had the option of working at the Saints' indoor facility late in the afternoon or early Wednesday evening, after the 49ers finished. But coach John Harbaugh said he and the players preferred to practice on schedule in mid-afternoon.

Posted Image

#14 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ray is just preparing us. He has been to the promise land before and is making everyone work hard.

I actually kind of like that we get the harsher conditions. It is a better training idea. It is more "hostilie environment", if anything WE are getting more training, and becoming more prepared, while the 69ers are sitting around doing this.
Posted Image

LOL the other guy shutting him out

0cf3ccf6-b431-48bd-a2a0-73b6e0108bc3_zps

#15 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Life is fair???

Huh... can someone forward me that memo? I wasn't included on the original email.

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Life is fair???

Huh... can someone forward me that memo? I wasn't included on the original email.

You're a Panda, that;s Irrelevant :P

Life is not fair...

(See, media hating on Bmore... again)

#17 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

They had the option to practice indoors but it altered their practice schedule so they chose to practice outdoors.

I don't think its a big deal, not letting them practice at all would be unfair

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#18 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I hear that Caldwell challenged Fangio to a scrimmage. Word is Fangio declined because he was skurrrred!

Bring on the adversity. We excel under duress!

"“All of a sudden, and I had not officially met Ray yet, I feel this presence over my shoulder and this voice: ‘Ray Rice, this is Ray Lewis. I love the way you play. But, you should pull your pants up.’”

Asked what it’s like to see a deep ball from Flacco, Jones likened it to Starburst candy.
“It’s juicy, it’s good,” Jones said. “It’s like candy. Everybody loves candy. Who don’t like candy?”

"We got the better Harbaugh!" Sherry Huggler

"Finally"

"My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things - embarrassing, inexcusable, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it." Mike Tomlin (a cheating Stealer)

#19 RavensFanInCA

RavensFanInCA

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Apparently we're practicing at the Saints facility today.

http://profootballta...nts-facilities/

#20 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Apparently we're practicing at the Saints facility today.

http://profootballta...nts-facilities/

its about time. we've been on windy/rainy outdoor past week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users