Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

As awesome as this playoff ride has been... from a P.R. standpoint its a nightmare

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

This team needs to get focused on this game. All I here about is the 49ers practicing at the saints facility, haven't heard a single thing about us practicing; we cant be dealing with this right now.

0cf3ccf6-b431-48bd-a2a0-73b6e0108bc3_zps

#22 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Sorry for re posting this again, but it seems to fit here as well..

i totally agree with you . they are going to take it out on the 49ers and i look forward to it .

#23 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

This team needs to get focused on this game. All I here about is the 49ers practicing at the saints facility, haven't heard a single thing about us practicing; we cant be dealing with this #$%# right now.

Agree...besides the Randy Moss comments...49ers are doing things pretty much by the book..saying all the right things...

#24 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Players need to hush hush. Go play foot ball. Stop feeding the trolls.

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#25 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

This team needs to get focused on this game. All I here about is the 49ers practicing at the saints facility, haven't heard a single thing about us practicing; we cant be dealing with this #$%# right now.

Doesn't mean we aren't.

#26 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Agree...besides the Randy Moss comments...49ers are doing things pretty much by the book..saying all the right things...

Well if it matters that much, then read this.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ay-49ers-player

#27 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,023 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Except Chris Culliver...

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#28 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

As soon as you said that, Culliver said he doesn't want any openly gay 49ers. Not to become political but certainly a snafu

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#29 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

1. Questionable comments/tweets from a good portion of our players
Who besides Kruger and BA have made any inflammatory tweets?

2. The whole Ed Reed/patriots thing now
Is this really a big deal? All he said was that he respects BB, and would like to work alongside him because of what BB could do for his understanding of the game. It isn't like he said that he secretly hates the Ravens and is a Patriot at heart.

3. Of course Ray making his national headlines for either being too religious or now the deer antlers lol
People were bound to get tired of hearing about Lewis eventually. It happened with Tebow last year, and it's Lewis this year. As for the deer antler thing, it's obviously a publicity stunt that wouldn't be tried if it weren't Super Bowl week, but I don't know what the guy thinks he'll gain by showing that he has no problem violating the privacy of people he says are his clients.

4. B.P. grabbing some attention for his no NFL in 30 years
Not actually that inflammatory. A lot of people agreed with some of what he said.

5. B.A. and Krugers comments
It was bound to happen eventually. We beat the best team in the NFL in their house when we were 9.5 point underdogs and had to deal with a week of the Ravens getting dismissed. Krug was letting off steam, and B A just got caught up in the team of destiny hype (not that he was wrong).

#30 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

i think the ed reed talk is just talk ....he stirs the pot sometimes i wonder if he even knows hes stiring it .

#31 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Oh no! Not the PR. Not the one thing, that has no baring on how our players will perform in the Super bowl. Anything, but that!

bJNF689.jpg

#32 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

i think the ed reed talk is just talk ....he stirs the pot sometimes i wonder if he even knows hes stiring it .

I definitely think Ed had his own intentions at heart when making these comments...mainly his contract that will be coming up at seasons end...imo there's no difference then this comment or Ray saying he would play for the cowboys...both were selfishly made...but only one was right before the biggest game of the year

#33 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I totally agree that this has been a public relations nightmare...but not for the reasons you think! This has been a public relations nightmare due to the media, and the media alone.

The premise of the SI.com article was to show how much of a sham this Ross character and his "S.W.A.T." company is(second company btw due to the 5.4 million $ law suit he lost) and that none of his claims to his products have any scientific basis. Actually, Ray Lewis wasn't even mentioned in the story until the bottom of the second page, among many other names Ross drops in the article! Ross admits that he couldn't get celebrity atheletes to endorse his products that he peddles to them, so he tapes/videotapes their conversations for what he considers substanative proof since he can't get an outright endorsement,(none of which have appeared in public btw). It is clear Ross was looking for free advertising(hence the name dropping in the article) and even though the SI article proved him as a "snake oil" salesmen, they still published the article, giving him the soapbox he wanted. SI you are dispicable!!!

SI is just as guilty for giving this "carnival barker" a platform for free advertising in one of the biggest media events in the sports world without any substantial proof from him other than said word from the "carnival barker" himself! That isn't journalism, that's gossip from what I consider to be nothing more now than another yellow journalistic sports rag.

Next, the media outlets like ESPN, the NFL network and others ran with the story with little to no regard for a word that I am sure they have never come across...integrity!!! It is a travesity that we are subjected to this mess in order for channels, websites, sports radio, reporters, etc. to get a "hit" and make a name for themselves on the back of a man(Ross) that never should have been given the light of day.

Media, you got it wrong and I hope you take the "hit" you deserve!
Posted Image

#34 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

This team needs to get focused on this game. All I here about is the 49ers practicing at the saints facility, haven't heard a single thing about us practicing; we cant be dealing with this right now.

Oh we are practicing just as much as the 49ers, make no mistake about it. Media has better access to the 49ers practice site than ours. Part of the reasons why we like our low-key location.
Posted Image

#35 RavensDE

RavensDE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Who cares. That is all.

#36 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Nonsense always comes out during Superbowl week - there are only 2 teams left playing, and IDK what anyone says, most football fans want to watch something football related, and being that there are only 2 teams left, those two teams will be the focus of everyone. If the Ravens are holding the Lombardi Trophy Sunday night, then everything that happened this week will be forgotten.

#37 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I can't say it any better than Grapple and NaveSenrag! Voices of reason for the win!

Look we're not the Patriots, (or evidently the 49ers) as we don't put a gag clause on our players. They say what the want when they want to say it as is their absolute right to do so. Stop being so sensitive!

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#38 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

I can imagine all the naysayers saying the Ravens "got lucky" like that did last year when the Giants won last year, if they were to win Sunday...

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#39 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

I was looking so forward to see our favorite players in the spotlight for a change but after 5 mins could not stomach all the media hate, they have totally ruined what would should have been a happy week. The only Ravens stories are negative and everything else is gushing over Kap et al.
Now the promo for GMA today is about the crazy cheerleader smh
Posted Image

#40 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Wellllllll Maybe Dan Marinos affair will take some heat off
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic