Photo

As awesome as this playoff ride has been... from a P.R. standpoint its a nightmare

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Why

Questionable comments/tweets from a good portion of our players

The whole Ed Reed/patriots thing now

Of course Ray making his national headlines for either being too religious or now the deer antlers lol

B.P. grabbing some attention for his no NFL in 30 years

B.A. and Krugers comments

What gives....i know we have a outspoken bunch...but i also thought we had a veteran bunch that would stay away from the traps...The Ravens F.O.and coaches have to be shaking their heads alittle...

Over/under on Sizzle being the next to spark a controversy

Edited by I AM LEGEND, 30 January 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#2 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yeah it's been rough, just win please

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#3 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

It's Super Bowl week. You wouldn't hear about half these things if it was just another football week.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#4 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Who cares. Players are under the microscope.

@gabefergy

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,813 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yea our guys have given the media some decent (albeit minimal) stuff. But none of this matters on Sunday, we have some very vocal guys.

I must say though, that the 49ers have done a good job keeping quiet with the media. Jim really has them with a tight lip. Whereas John is letting our guys (especially the veterans) soak up the fun.
Posted Image

#6 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Who cares. Players are under the microscope.

My thoughts exactly.

To the OP, what comments from BA and Kruger are you referring to?

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 30 January 2013 - 05:30 PM.

"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#7 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

At he risk of of sounding stupid, I wish we could have opted out of the whole media deal and just showed our faces coming out of the tunnel on game day. Spin doctors are gonna' spin and because of the historically bad press the Ravens get, the spinning will never go our way. I for one don't care as long as it has no bearing on the Team's performance.

After all they have been through, I tend to think all of this BS media BS makes the bond stronger.and the Ravens are gonna' open up a big can of whoop *** on the niners. Sorry SF fans. It's unfortunate that your team has to be the one to be in the way.

Sorry for re posting this again, but it seems to fit here as well..

#8 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I re

My thoughts exactly.

To the OP, what comments from BA and Kruger are you referring to?

I think he's referring to the "Should have kept tebow" and "Pats are a gimmick" comments pre sb week

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#9 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I think he's referring to the "Should have kept tebow" and "Pats are a gimmick" comments pre sb week

Oh right. Probably the most inflammatory comments made by a Raven this post-season but still not a huge deal in my opinion. Folks seem to be over-sensitive.

Posted Image

#10 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

If we win, none of it is going to matter :D

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#11 JohnnyBoy8102

JohnnyBoy8102

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

It behooves the media to protray the Ravens in a negative light. These Super Bowls always have a "favorite" among the fans.

The Ray Antler stuff is just ridiculous. Two years ago it was a slight blurb, now suddenly it is a full blown story.
"There are six, seven players in front of me [financially] at my position that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."- Ed Reed

"Your a joke." -Mr. GM

#12 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Oh right. Probably the most inflammatory comments made by a Raven this post-season but still not a huge deal in my opinion. Folks seem to be over-sensitive.

So the people and media are over sensitive...and its not the players being over-talkative....smh

Homer glasses off....OUR players need to shut up and play football....

#13 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Agreed...not only that it'll make it much sweeter

#14 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

So the people and media are over sensitive...and its not the players being over-talkative....smh

Yes, people are over sensitive. People are mad and blowing stuff out of proportion because Ed said Belichick is a good coach, and that BA said he would try to use the SB to bring some light to the gay/lesbian community. AND bringing up a story on Ray that happened 2 years ago. So yes, some people are over sensitive.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#15 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,813 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

None of it matters win or lose!
Posted Image

#16 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Homer glasses? What are you talking about?

Yes, people are over-sensitive. It's the week leading up to the Super Bowl! The media's going to milk a story out of any quote they can. With the personalities on this team, I don't know whether you expected this week to go by with them just giving a bunch of stock answers, but that was never going to happen. But beyond BA and Kruger's tweets (which weren't a big deal anyway), no one has said anything truly outlandish. More importantly, nothing anyone has said will impact the game.

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 30 January 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

#17 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Yes, people are over sensitive. People are mad and blowing stuff out of proportion because Ed said Belichick is a good coach, and that BA said he would try to use the SB to bring some light to the gay/lesbian community. AND bringing up a story on Ray that happened 2 years ago. So yes, some people are over sensitive.

No one is talking about B.A. supporting gay rights...his pats comments however...

#18 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Homer-glasses? What are you talking about?

Yes, people are over-sensitive. It's the week leading up to the Super Bowl! The media's going to milk a story out of any quote they can. With the personalities on this team, I don't know whether you expected this week to go by with them just giving a bunch of stock answers, but that was never going to happen. But beyond BA and Kruger's tweets (which weren't a big deal anyway), no one has said anything truly outlandish. More importantly, nothing anyone has said will impact the game.

I disagree...comments about other teams can motivate the opponents...and comments/stories about indiviuals on our team can cause for distractions...

Now personally I think we have a very unique bunch with this team that is able to rise above all of this and just go out and win a game but bottom line is u cant go wrong with those boring "stock" answers you eluded to..u can go wrong with the other stuff..

Prime example...why couldn't Ed Reed just say im thinking about the 49ers on Sunday nothing else..no other team no other coach...nothing...if that particular comment causes even 1.....1....player even a minimal distraction for the rest of the week...then the comment was stupid...

#19 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I disagree...comments about other teams can motivate the opponents...and comments/stories about indiviuals on our team can cause for distractions...

Now personally I think we have a very unique bunch with this team that is able to rise above all of this and just go out and win a game but bottom line is u cant go wrong with those boring "stock" answers you eluded to..u can go wrong with the other stuff..

Prime example...why couldn't Ed Reed just say im thinking about the 49ers on Sunday nothing else..no other team no other coach...nothing...if that particular comment causes even 1.....1....player even a minimal distraction for the rest of the week...then the comment was stupid...

Of course players can derive motivation from comments but that's not really applicable to this week. And if you think a veteran-filled team will really lets comments/stories seriously distract them leading up to the biggest game of their lives, I think you're doubting their mental fortitude.

Which player on this team is really going to go into the Super Bowl thinking about Ed praising Belichick, much less think about those comments during the game?

Posted Image

#20 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

If the Patriots couldn't use trash talk as motivation, I don't think anyone can, except the Ravens. No BS. That's my honest belief. Secondly, this team is tough minded and can/will handle distractions well. Nothing said this week is going to matter when the guys buckle up their chin straps. It'll be forgotten once the game has started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users