#1 chsbasebalplayer

chsbasebalplayer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

http://profootballta...f-as-a-patriot/

Mod Note: Please remember to add your own thoughts in your posts and not just share a link. Thank you.

Edited by FerrariFan87, 30 January 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#2 Medications

Medications

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yeah What the heck?, why talk all glowingly about how you basically can't wait to be on this new team next year 4 days before your current team is playing in the superbowl?

This whole week is leaving a bad taste in my mouth
- Ryan |Posted Image | Posted Image

#3 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,880 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I might have to burn my Reed Jersey if he does this.

#4 GNielsen

GNielsen

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

It wouldn't be the first time a long-time starting safety went to the Patriots. Over in Niner country, a lot of us still remember when Ronnie Lott became a Raider. But, you know what? Ronnie Lott is a Niner fan and I'm sure that when Ed Reed's career is over, he'll be a Ravens fan.

#5 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I don't see the fo allowing him to leave . a reduced contract yes but ... other teams play us different just because he is in the backfield thats an advantage i don't see us giving away . no he's not 26 anymore but no qb will throw near him even now .

Edited by llwillow1231, 30 January 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,015 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Seriously? Not the time. But Ed is Ed.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Wow. I mean I figured he would sign there, but talking about that leading up to the Super Bowl. What a snake.

#8 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,712 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Oh why not----- when is the plague of locusts going to hit?
68f2a8.jpg

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I literaly just read something 30 minutes ago where he said he'd love to finish his career here?... You really can't take anything he says serious... Every year he considers retirement or says something about his contract.

I love him as a player, he's one of my favorites of all time for any sport. But his mouth is getting old. (literally).

If he goes to New England I would be forced to dislike him.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#10 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I have one word

LEVERAGE

#11 HaX

HaX

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

all I'm getting from this is him saying belichek is a good coach

#12 blackandpurplesacks

blackandpurplesacks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

If he said no, i dont wanna play for belichick, that takes 1 team off the market for him. It would be stupid to say he couldn't see himself playing for the patriots, really. But i dont see the patriots having much interest in him. They have Mcourty at FS, who is pretty decent back there.

#13 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I just pray that we win the Super Bowl and Ed reconsiders going out on top and retiring. The Patriots are such as buzz kill of a team he will just end up getting his hopes up of winning another SB with them. They are in the weakest division in football and win there way up to the AFC Championship or even the superbowl almost every year but they can never get it done. And with the Patirots becoming one of the Ravens biggest rivals the past few seasons it would be a terrible move.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#14 BallHawker

BallHawker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Oz, please find a way to keep him.
Joe, please lower your expectations of an "elite" contract to keep him.

Or else my username will have to change..

Anyway, I hope he retires or go the way of 52's short-lived free agency a few years back.

HBqGOpn.jpg

Forum Fantasy Roster - Ben's Nose

#15 Ravens2013ornothing

Ravens2013ornothing

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Why would you say this before the SB though, not smart mentally for your team. I think based on the outcome of the SB and his affect on the game of the SB, especially if we win, he will stay in Baltimore because Ozzie will make it work.

If he stil wants to be a Raven, we will find out on Sunday, he has to show it especially after those comments made. Everyone should be able to tell if he still wants to be a Raven on Sunday. I think he will have an oustanding game, and will be signed to baltimore again because of this. I personally think he will get a couple picks against kapernick or a forced fumble.

I like Reed, he has been silent in the postseason, but he is a silent weapon because qbs are scared to throw his way. He has gotten slower but who doesnt with age. A lot of players our playing for contracts also. The reality is when a team wins a SB, a lot of players get paid more money to come on to another franchise, to give that expierence so be prepared.

#16 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ed is Ed, he don't give a crap about timing. He was asked, he answered. You can't like Ed, but want to jump all over all the crazy stuff he says. Its just who the man is. He has been a Baltimore Raven since 2001, he loves this team and this city, but he knows this is a business, and that he probably will not be here next year. I'm sure he has a great respect for the Patriots, as he has every right to. Even if Ed does go to the... don't even want to say the name with Ed in the same sentence.... I will root for him, I hope he breaks every record there is to be broken.

#17 Hjulmann

Hjulmann

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I might be paranoid, but this really scares me actually. Rather see him retire than sign with NE

xojmt4.jpg
I miss our ballhawk

#18 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Media hype. They target the players that they know can be baited into handing them a headline on a silver platter

This is just Ed being Ed. He wants to play here..hes just trying to get paid. Its a business though, im sure that if we're forced to let him walk that he'd play for anyone who' willing to pay him.

Remember Montana finished with Kansas City, Unitas finished with San Diego, Emmit finished with Arizona ect.. Heck Deon Sanders finished here with the Ravens.

Business is business...we'll all love ed just the same no matter where he plays..he's earned it. We all know that he'll be a Raven next to JO, and Ray in the HOF
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#19 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'm not seeing the jump from "I respect Bill Belicheck and would love to work alongside him" to "I hate the Ravens". It isn't like he's going to miss the Superbowl because he'll be focused on being with the Patriots next year.

#20 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I think this is being a little blown out of proportion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users