Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

[News] Ray Lewis, Teammates Not Distracted By Report

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

An ‘agitated’ Ray Lewis went on the attack on the Sports Illustrated report.

View the full article

#2 n#7

n#7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Lewis didn't use PED's period. That fella writing that nonsense is nothing more than a clown extraordinaire in that circus down in The Big Easy.

#3 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

This Baltimore Ravens team is so strong mentally & physically nothing can stop them on there way for there second Superbowl trophy Go Ravens

#4 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I don't think that he used an illegal substance. That being said, if it turns out to be true I won't freak out. I always did question how Suggs and Ray were able to come back so quickly when everyone else seems to need more than a fully season to return.

#5 LowerSlowerDelawareRaven

LowerSlowerDelawareRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Its time to go all "Forrest Whitaker" on the 49ers, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" style!!!

#6 Mad Scientist Too

Mad Scientist Too

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

According to a doctor at Johns Hopkins even if Ray did use it it would not matter. The only way the body can utilize growth hormone is by injection. Even if it was in the spray his body would not have absorbed it. See the following : http://www.baltimore...0,3189504.story

Edited by Grapple Raven, 30 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.
Fixed that for ya!

#7 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

The media is annoying and needs to go away with their "allegations" seriously stop trying to make our team look bad. They are so stuck on the Mannings and Brady that they'll praise them but with that praise they need a scapegoat. So because we beat three of those QBs this yr they have to attack our team. Screw you media!

#8 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I don't think that he used an illegal substance. That being said, if it turns out to be true I won't freak out. I always did question how Suggs and Ray were able to come back so quickly when everyone else seems to need more than a fully season to return.

See unfortunately you as well as most of the general public assume this to be an illegal substance and IT IS NOT!!! It may be a banned substance in the drug policy of the NFL but it is not an illegal substance.

That said, unfortunately Vijay Singh who was also implicated in the report has admitted using this product, again I will say that it does not implicate Ray but it does show the report has some merit...hopefully the dbag is just trying to ride Ray's publicity...
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#9 olescule24

olescule24

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

The real sad thing about this is, now that SI has put it out there on the largest of media stages, it has in effect promoted this guys business and made it known to college and high school athletes who are not held under the NFL PED guidelines. They have virtually done more harm in spreading this unsubstantiated story and putting it into our young athletes consciousness. Shame on Sports Illustrated!

#10 mckinney214

mckinney214

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Glad to hear that the team isn't letting these reports get to them. They are a fearless group and won't be torn down by false allegations. It's sad that someone would even want to tear them down when they have worked so hard to build themselves up, but hey, its the Ravens, nothing has ever been easy for our team.

#11 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's a shame small people are taking away from an experience that Ray should be enjoying every moment of. If this turns out to be false Ray Lewis should sue this swat guy for every penny he has for defamation of character and shut down his business and SI should fire their writer immediately. This should be the happiest week of the decade for the Ravens.

#12 newrorayfan

newrorayfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

The national media, DO NOT BE MISLED, would love/and wants to see the Ravens lose, Lewis to be discredited and a year from now print a retraction and on espn a video apology for spreading a firestorm that isn't their fault. The national media, you know who i'm talking about, want a loss and to have an impact, a loss, by ginning up such a distraction. And then say later it's not their fault, they didn't do anything wrong. Why this now? Altruistic pursuit of truth in Ray's life or ulterior motives? The media HATES Ray Lewis and WANTS him to lose, just ask Ms. Welker. Just print an apology or do one on camera, espn, one year from now to say, "oops i'm sorry," because everybody reads the written retraction of a story on page 8 in the lower left column. But you can't take back one Sunday in February. So go win it to give right back to them. I would use my own language here to express my feelings but the moderators would have me taken out of here. Go RAVENS!!

#13 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

My turn,... the Media needs to update their lead in loops every hour!

I am tired of hearing yesterday's lead in that the Ravens and the Super Bowl are "A-BUZZ over allegations",....

Ray said he ain't dignifying it, Harbs said he believes in Ray, the Ravens to a man have said "no story here"!

So, we are left to believer that the TV pundits are "A-Buzz" moreso than they are when they are "A-Buzz" and have nothing to report!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 30 January 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#14 FLBoyRaven

FLBoyRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

This stuff is getting old the media is playedout if I were the Ravens they should just shut down all interviews till after the SB because this is getting ridic. Yahoo news might be the worst. Every day now theres a new topic about Ray Lewis about how good a man he is spiritualy etc and then they gotta keep throwing in the did we mention he was on trial for murder. To me I've seen this before its just a tactic to try to defile and our discredit and tarnish the rep and career of an influential African American male. Tell me why now of all times do they wannna keep bringing it up in the spotlight when it's already old news from 13 yrs ago. Everyday no lie there has been a new article about totally different things but they wanna keep trying to throw the murder case card in there so ppl can look at Ray different. All everyones comments on there are just horrible things about someone so good. It's a shame that there isn't more written about the man that he is not just spiritualy because I'm not religious by any means but the work ethic and passion that he has for what he does can be used anywhere in life. But do you see any of them telling that story so that ppl in LAZY America can read about what we should be doing more in this Country. No not at all only the Negatives. But if this were Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben but leading up to there SB how man times did you read anything about that. Not none but name an African American in the NFL or sports for that matter that is as influential as Ray Lewis has be the past decade. Not to mention almost all are going for the 49ers so yeah I'm pretty sure they want the Ravens to be distracted but it won't work this team is to strong and thats the story of this team. Alot of great intelligent football minds who are leader on and off the field, but no you still hear no stories of that.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 30 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.
Profanity

#15 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Ray extra cool for even dealing with the media. If I were him, I'd pull a Randy Moss and interview myself, he'd be well within his rights.
The attention grabbers are oout for SuperBowl 47, people bringing up cases that were settled 13 years ago (as if police and investigators would actually let a legit murder suspect walk for 13 years, smh), dumb stories about deer antler spray (cant even say that with a straight face), people just trying to get shine and free advertisement, and mad Ray and the Ravens in the Superbowl again, thats all this is.

Edited by riseNConquer81, 30 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#16 Bingo Baby

Bingo Baby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

This reminds me of the 2000 superbowl video, when Brian Billick says "they dont know what they are doing to this guy. As if he needs any more drive and motivation! They were playing right into his hand"

#17 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

And if you don't think that the other 52 guys on the roster aren't going to get behind him.... It's amazing... Dilfer said the same thing this morning.... RIDICULOUS!

The media's constant distractions are appalling... I don't want to get too "political"... but they do what they want in order to get ratings....

RAVENS ARE GONNA PLAY TWICE AS HARD NOW!

#18 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

The media simply needs something to talk about and keep them busy, and so far its working for them. But the Superbowl ain't about the media.

#19 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

This guys is selling and prescribing "PED's" that are illegal in the sports world... and in essence the media is "promoting" him....

I AGREE... IF RAY AND HARBS CAN'T SHUT THEM DOWN....The media should be told that if the question is asked they will walk away from the interviews.

Edited by The Mom Gene, 30 January 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#20 Bingo Baby

Bingo Baby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

FLBoyRaven is absolutely correct. There is definitely a double standard!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users