27 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,264 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

The architect of the Ravens Super Bowl team is fine to let others take the spotlight.

View the full article

#2 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

The wizard of OZ! On fire.

#3 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Keep it up Ozzie. We wouldn't be anything without you

#4 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hey Oz,please don't let Ed go no where.Please resign him next year.We're going to need his leadership next year.

#5 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

It all Started with Art Modell. He drafted Ozzie and brought him with him when he came to Baltimore, recognizing the talent, intelligence and integrity. Thanks Art, you insured the Ravens legacy when you made Ozzie the GM.

#6 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Ozzie Newsome, according to Abquan Boldin, "gets it"! "Q" also said that he puts them in a place to succeed and that's the greatest compliment the Wiz can receive!

it's just a comfort to know that he's such a great GM and that he's an unselfish leader who teaches his team! Once Ozzie hangs up his pen, it's great to kbow that Eric DeCosta will step right in and we shouldn't miss a beat!

#7 RaveReviews

RaveReviews

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Go ravens!!!! oz played during a time when football was really about who could man up, and thats what allows him to draft hard-nosed players that "play like a raven"

#8 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Question of the Day: Who is the Ravens all time best 2nd round pick?

Personally I would go KO. That just might be the next Ravens jersey that I pick up.

Oz is the man!

#9 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

We have had some great drafts from day one... taking OGDEN and RAY in the first round.... who gets two HOF to start a franchise!

Bolware ad Sharper the following season

ED REED

To the RAY RICE / JOE FLACCO draft...

Many great draft picks in between.... but this season could truly be a draft class that winds up one of the best in our teams short history.

The WIzard of OZ is still doing his thing!

#10 Flockster

Flockster

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I always wonder if Ozzie was planning on sticking with veteran Billy Cundiff until Billy spoke up about "taking my services elsewhere" as it was a pivotal decision in this seasons successes.

#11 Super Ravens

Super Ravens

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ozzie Newsome...........BEST GM IN football!! Hands down.

#12 Purple14

Purple14

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Ravens are the greatest Footballteam in the NFL...because Ozzie Newsome is our GM. To win Super Bowls you don't have to add big names (anyway the Ravens have) and paper-dreamteams. You have to know which players needs your team, which role they have to step in. And if the sucess don't come in the first two or three years, you have to keep patience. That's exactly what Ozzie Newsome has done in recent years. And now the Ravens are staying in the Super Bowl and the second overall Lombardi is in reach.

#13 Bencivenni

Bencivenni

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

The Ravens don't rebuild, they reload-GO RAVENS!!!!

#14 olescule24

olescule24

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ozzie did a media day briefing yesterday that was probably the most informative, thought provoking talk I have ever witnessed. It is on the videos here, you all gotta check it out. All of the other 31 GM's will record that interview and try to follow Ozzie's approach verbatim. Very smart, classy, professional that has Modell's legacy to steer and he is a hellofa ships captain. Can you imagine Art Modell and Johnathan Ogden both getting into the Hall of Fame, a day before the Ravens win this years Super Bowl. Happy days! Can't wait till the friday flight to the Big Easy.

#15 SCravenfan

SCravenfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I saw the interview and OZ telling Primetime that he does not get much credit for this team. Outside of the Baltimore fans that might be true. All true Ravens know that our success is due to OZ. He finds gems and great players others miss. He knows when to let a player leave and when to keep them. This is a football genius. Oz should be handed the Trophy first then Ray, Ed and down the line. Lets not forget the owner. Steve is doing a great job keeping Art's dream alive and I hope they place a ring on Art's grave.

#16 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Some of these former Ravens would have to be downright crazy to have left. Ozzie runs such a classy organization that it is mind boggling imagining why anyone would leave. I bet Bart Scott wishes he was still playing sidekick to Ray Lewis. I can think of so many that left the organization that would be kicking themselves in the groin thinking about this moment and how much better they feel they are than their replacements. One guy I feel really really bad for is Jarret Johnson. I think he deserves to be on this team. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

#17 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

glad we have you ozzie!! keep bringing in the young talent

#18 chris_lesly

chris_lesly

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Jarrett Johnson made his choice just like all those other guys did. left a Super Bowl Contender for a Pay Day.

#19 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

By far the best GM in football

#20 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

the only bad decision he made was letting grubbs walk cause he was our best uard sorry homeless lumberjack (yanda) he was better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users