Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Joe Flacco’s Transformation Of Ravens

50 posts in this topic

Baltimore’s defense is fine if the Ravens become known for their offense.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco’s-Transformation-Of-Ravens-/6b8e4938-77f1-4058-9bc3-bba40e53370b]View the full article[/url]

Why does the media world want to find some dirt on Joe? I would rather him be a quiet guy then one that brings a gun to a night club and shoots himself in the leg...

The thing about Flacoo is he treats football as a game and nothing more. Not hyper happy when he wins, not extra sad when he loses.

I had a dream last night in which the first half of SB ended 21-7 for Bmore. Flacco and Rice were awesome. Don't know about the second half yet. LOL

No question - I'm Wacko for Flacco - and I'm proud to say I always have been. I have argued on here and with the negative sports commentators in our own town (105.7 the Fan) that Flacco is a great QB and the best thing to happen to this team since Ray Lewis. I have even fought with family members. So I must admit that I'm enjoying this and in the words of Suggs - the band wagon is getting full. We needed to protect the man with a good O-line and look what happened. Joe is going to have bad games, all QB's do - but this town was ready to trade him in. Some on here has called for Alex Smith to replace him. SMH

[quote name='RayRice2727' timestamp='1359567217' post='1335422']
I had a dream last night in which the first half of SB ended 21-7 for Bmore. Flacco and Rice were awesome. Don't know about the second half yet. LOL
[/quote]

That would be sweet! If I'm not mistaken we have only lost 1 game when we led by at least 14 at half-time. (That total team collapse in Pittsburgh in the 2010 playoffs being the loss). By "we" I mean this current iteration of the Ravens (Flacco + Harbaugh era).

We are also 51-9 when leading at the half, 5-3 when tied at the half, and 6-18 when trailing at the half (we have had the second fewest games trailing at the half of all teams since 2008, behind just New England with 19 such games compared to our 24).

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1359566804' post='1335417']
Why does the media world want to find some dirt on Joe? I would rather him be a quiet guy then one that brings a gun to a night club and shoots himself in the leg...
[/quote]

Where did you see anything that indicated that anyone was trying to find dirt on Joe? Baltimore fans, I swear...

[quote name='RayRice2727' timestamp='1359567217' post='1335422']
[/quote]

Go back to sleep!

Ryan... Can the NFL explain how the 49ers get the Saints Training facility for practice and the Ravens get the Baseball field at Tulane? Has that been explained... I haven't seen anything that would justify that.

I don't quite understand that....

I dreamt that it was 28-0 at half-time. First, Vonta Leach scores on a screen pass; Jacoby Jones punt return for a TD; Bernard Pierce scores on a big run; and Flacco to Jacoby for the 4th touchdown. I really had this dream - please believe me!

The dirt they found on Flacco was he used the word retarded. If thats all they got then they havent got much.

Mom Gene, I'm imagining that it relates to the NFC team being the home team this year. They get the better locker room, and also the team's primary facility. This is just a guess but it's the only thing that seems semi-rational.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Pinball machine for the basement! That's too funny.

In the famous words of Terrell Owens, "That's my quarterback"!!!!

"No quarterback in NFL history has reached the playoffs his first five years in the league, let alone win a game each time once he's in."

"But there were consistently [doubters] of Flacco, those who thought his stats were propped up more by Baltimore's defense than indicators of the quarterback's talent..."

True and true! Yet I put "doubters in brackets because there are those, such as myself who see Joe E-Lite as the best QB the Ravens have ever drafted!

We want nothing better than to see that Super Bowl win he needs to be mentioned in the same sentence with other winners, even the elite QBs! But you know how that goes! There will be the question of his consistency - well, with Jim Caldwell's help, Joe will dispel that notion in 2013's season!

So, let's go, Joe,... big games from Rice and Pierce to open up your vertical game! Win this moe-foe for Ray, Joe!

joe should get what he wants cause he isn't a cry baby like the so called elites aka payton,bradi,eli,rogersand the rest of those thumb suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flacco is a great qb , and he has proved already , i been following ravens since tney started and this is the best qb yet , with a better offensive line , so this sb is gonna be a win for ravens , despite all my friends say the opposite i guess I'm then only ravens fan in los cabos mexico LOL.

I for one love Joe's laid back personality. It's better than the ridiculousness that is Brady or Rodgers.

The key here is to have an elite offense and an elite D ^. at the same time they always say u can only have 1 :O for some reason. idk y

actually we don't know how Joe feels about winning/loosing football games. I think he wants to win as bad as any one just doesn't shout and scream and get all crazy like other players do. He probably was laying in bed that night after the broncos or pats game going yes we won! Hes confident and doesnt care what other people say about him at least thats what he shows. If he did imagine where we would of been after all of the critics would of brought him down.

I'm tired of this defense crap. Yes the Ravens have had a good defense but that's slowly changing to more of an offensive team. The difference between Offense and Defense is Offense is the ones that put the score on the board to help you win. You can't expect your defense to stop them every single drive and have your defense score for you. We are averaging 30 points a game. That's not all defense. Most our drives start around the 30 yard line. Joe is taking us down field one hail marry at a time and Rice wears down the opponents defense having to get low to the ground and give Flacco more time to create space in the defense for a good gain.

[quote name='alucardHB' timestamp='1359574095' post='1335584']
flacco is a great qb , and he has proved already , i been following ravens since tney started and this is the best qb yet , with a better offensive line , so this sb is gonna be a win for ravens , despite all my friends say the opposite i guess I'm then only ravens fan in los cabos mexico LOL.
[/quote]

If you're anywhere but Baltimore (or maybe South Carolina...we're popular down there for some reason) you'll typically find yourself alone in that regard, i've lived in 4 different cities the past 6 years i know lol.

[quote name='riseNConquer81' timestamp='1359576670' post='1335663']
If you're anywhere but Baltimore (or maybe South Carolina...we're popular down there for some reason) you'll typically find yourself alone in that regard, i've lived in 4 different cities the past 6 years i know lol.
[/quote]
[/quote]i know that all to well i live in west virigina its either skins ir steelers here

What pinball machine did he get?! Im a pinball fanatic!

But on a serious note...Im trying not to get too confident, but I really don't see Flacco letting his team lose this game. Colin K.may be good, but he just doesn't gave enough games under his belt. Plus now Ray is pissed off! I think SF is gonna be nervous going into this game.

[/quote] No doubt, man. I'm in So Cal, so obviously we don't get any love. However, I work with Charger fans, Dolphin fans, 9er fans, Raider fans, Steeler fans, ect. Among them are people who LOVE the game of football, and understand it. They're the ones that are picking the Ravens (with the exception of the 9er fans) But there are those ones that don't know jack, but act like they do. One dude, a couple of years ago, called them the "Crows"...and he wasn't kidding.

California sucks