Ravens-Falcons      Kickoff Week Events      You Pick The Team      Roster      Watch Games Online   

Photo

Probably the smallest, least important "problem" recorded here...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hi,
yes, I know it doesn't only seem like then most insubstantial thing I could probably come up - it really IS... especially the week we're playing the Super Bowl... Just came accross something and thought I'd let you know.

On the team roster page (http://www.baltimore...eam/roster.html) there are two guys with the jersey #62. Terrence Cody and also a practice squad guy, Reggie Stevens. I think you can't have two players with the same jersey number on the roster. Am I wrong?

Yeah... That's how pathetic I am... finding things like that :)

bio

#2 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,812 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Practice squad players don't play so I don't think it matters. Pre- season I've seen 2 guys with the same number on the sidelines.

mod2.jpg

#3 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Practice squad players don't play so I don't think it matters. Pre- season I've seen 2 guys with the same number on the sidelines.

Hi,
I see.

So it's not necessarily a typing error.

Strange to see two players with the same number though... What would happen if the guy was activated? Would he get a different jersey number?

Just curious.

And thx for the info.

bio

#4 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,812 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hi,
I see.

So it's not necessarily a typing error.

Strange to see two players with the same number though... What would happen if the guy was activated? Would he get a different jersey number?

Just curious.

And thx for the info.

bio

Someone from the regular roster would have to be cut to elevate a practice squad player we had a guy who was number 78 who played TE and defense and one game he had to report eligible every offensive play--it got so bad they changed his number. Up until recently only QB's, kicker and punters could have numbers 0-19, they opened up to WRs a couple years ago. Some preseason game there are 2 or 3 of the same number when the rosters are at 80.

mod2.jpg