Photo

Probably the smallest, least important "problem" recorded here...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hi,
yes, I know it doesn't only seem like then most insubstantial thing I could probably come up - it really IS... especially the week we're playing the Super Bowl... Just came accross something and thought I'd let you know.

On the team roster page (http://www.baltimore...eam/roster.html) there are two guys with the jersey #62. Terrence Cody and also a practice squad guy, Reggie Stevens. I think you can't have two players with the same jersey number on the roster. Am I wrong?

Yeah... That's how pathetic I am... finding things like that :)

bio

#2 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Practice squad players don't play so I don't think it matters. Pre- season I've seen 2 guys with the same number on the sidelines.
68f2a8.jpg

#3 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Practice squad players don't play so I don't think it matters. Pre- season I've seen 2 guys with the same number on the sidelines.

Hi,
I see.

So it's not necessarily a typing error.

Strange to see two players with the same number though... What would happen if the guy was activated? Would he get a different jersey number?

Just curious.

And thx for the info.

bio

#4 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hi,
I see.

So it's not necessarily a typing error.

Strange to see two players with the same number though... What would happen if the guy was activated? Would he get a different jersey number?

Just curious.

And thx for the info.

bio

Someone from the regular roster would have to be cut to elevate a practice squad player we had a guy who was number 78 who played TE and defense and one game he had to report eligible every offensive play--it got so bad they changed his number. Up until recently only QB's, kicker and punters could have numbers 0-19, they opened up to WRs a couple years ago. Some preseason game there are 2 or 3 of the same number when the rosters are at 80.
68f2a8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users