Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gashman

What matchups are you most looking forward to seeing?

46 posts in this topic

Michael Crabtree vs. Cary Williams. Honestly, his more dangerous Vernon Davis on this game.

Cary Williams will have his hands full.

[quote name='nflfan123' timestamp='1359515585' post='1335076']
Yanda vs J Smith
[/quote]

With Yanda at RG and Smith a RDE, they won't see much of each other.

Q, Torrey and Jacoby versus their CBs intrigues me the most.

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1359513107' post='1335017']
For me its Leach vs Willis....the ground will be shaking!
[/quote]

Yup.

I still remember Vontae breaking him about 14 months ago...

I feel like the 49ers will try to attack Ray Lewis early on with Two TEs sets, or use L.James on pass plays out backfield. So I'm looking forward to Ellerbe vs V.Davis and R.Lewis vs D.Walker.

Leach vs Willis/Bowman
Pitta vs Willis/ bowman

Ravens O-Line vs there D-Line plus A.Smith. ( the 49ers really don't get many sacks outside of A.Smith and a percentage of those depend on the play of Justin Smith)

Our front 7 versus SF Oline. I really think that might be the deciding factor in this game. If we can limit the ZR and their run game we will win.

kapernick vs. Ed Reed (ed reed needs to be on that tunnel vision sunday)

kapernick vs. Bernard Pollard short runs

suggs and lewis vs. bowman and willis

reed and pollard vs. golson and whittner

ngata and Kruger vs. Smith brothers

This game will be about DEFENSE. WE need turnovers, and to capatalize on em.
Fumbles and picks. Punching the ball out of there hands, fumbles baby we are so good at tackling while stripping. Im looking for our DBS to have a shut out game and frusterate Kapernick. GRAHAM baby. Dam could you imagaine if we had WEBB also wow. WEBB, GRAHAM, WILLIAMS, SMITH...MAN.

I want to see if the Niners can move Ngata out of there for inside runs. I also always look forward to either Willis or Bowman matching up with the TE, in this case Pitta.

But, mainly, I want to see how the Ravens deal with the Niners current version of the Pistol set. I was not a believer at first, but they've made me a believer. The last two defenses have taken the opposite approach and neither approach worked. I expect the Ravens to shade both ILB's towards the side with the running back, but that could open up some weak side holes. I also expect at least one safety to creep up and the corner to shade inside, but that opens up some play-action possibilities. The Ravens are definitely better defensively than the Packers or the Falcons, so this should be interesting.

I'll be a little cliché and say Jim vs John... lol

Honestly, I'd like to see if big Mike can actually contain the 9ers d-line. Also how well Rice does vs the ILB's

Ravens Vs. niners.

Other than that, RR vs. sf LBs. I look for Ray and Joe to have a huge day with the screen/check down pass. And after he burns them for some big gains this will open things up across the middle and down field.

Look at the Ravens' O now! What do you focus on as a D? I can't see any D keeping us in check at this point. Things have really come together at the right time.

[quote name='Miami Hurricane' timestamp='1359519793' post='1335158']
Iupati vs. Haloti
[/quote]
yeah....this right here! I was gonna say Tucker Vs Akers but if Ngata wins this one FGs won't matter!

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1359581184' post='1335794']
Ravens Vs. niners.

Other than that, RR vs. sf LBs. I look for Ray and Joe to have a huge day with the screen/check down pass. And after he burns them for some big gains this will open things up across the middle and down field.

Look at the Ravens' O now! What do you focus on as a D? I can't see any D keeping us in check at this point. Things have really come together at the right time.
[/quote]

I think the key will be the 49er D vs the baltimore 0, more specifically vs the run game initially. Rice can be slowed down, if not stopped. In 18 games (i dont count the final game against cincy) Rice was held to under 100 yards 13 times. If they can hold him to a 30-40 yard type game, that can spell trouble for baltimore. Not sure how much of a factor pierce will be considering he averages 35 ypg with 1 touchdown this season. I think it comes down to that for both teams. Both starting rb dont exactly put fear in defenses as a threat to put down 100 on the ground as between gore and rice, they have a total of eight 100 yard games this season. I couldnt find stats on team rushing per game, and that could altogether change how this goes.

- Our OLBs vs Kap and Niner OTs.
- How our WR/TE/RBs vs their coverage; particularly inside zones on the short/intermediate routes.

[quote name='Midnight toker' timestamp='1359670826' post='1336987']

I think the key will be the 49er D vs the baltimore 0, more specifically vs the run game initially. Rice can be slowed down, if not stopped. In 18 games (i dont count the final game against cincy) Rice was held to under 100 yards 13 times. If they can hold him to a 30-40 yard type game, that can spell trouble for baltimore. Not sure how much of a factor pierce will be considering he averages 35 ypg with 1 touchdown this season. I think it comes down to that for both teams. Both starting rb dont exactly put fear in defenses as a threat to put down 100 on the ground as between gore and rice, they have a total of eight 100 yard games this season. I couldnt find stats on team rushing per game, and that could altogether change how this goes.
[/quote]

Bernard Pierce. Remember that name.

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1359672868' post='1337016']
Bernard Pierce. Remember that name.
[/quote]

Lawdy I hope the 49er defense which allows 94 yards a game can somehow contain your backup

I want to see Torrey Smith vs the 49ers secondary. Julio Jones had a field day with them in the championship and Torrey is overdue for a 60 yard TD run.