Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Flacco or Kaepernick in the Clutch?

Flacco vs Kaepernick in the clutch?   87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Flacco in the Clutch?

• Yes
    • No.
    • IDK
  2. 2. If you were Jim would you trust Kaepernick in the clutch?

• Yes
    • No
    • IDK
  3. 3. Who do you trust more in the clutch?

• Joe Flacco
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Both are great
    • Both suck

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

If the game comes down to the final two minuets, do you trust Joe as your QB in the Clutch?
My answer here is yes. Simply because he is historically a clutch QB.

I have been arguing with the 69er fans. They say Flacco is the "least clutch QB in the NFL". Where is the proof, and how is your boy Kap any more clutch? Flacco has several clutch moments in his career. Many Blown by other players

@ MIN where Haushka misses the FG
@ NE Clayton drops a perfectly thrown pass
VS PIT where Dickson Drops it
@PIT where Boldin and Housh drop it
@ NE Evans drops the game winner. Should be Joe's second SB

Are all [b]clutch[/b]

Most notably, the PIT Drive last year, and the Flacco Fling this year. He also lead the Ravens back 30 to win VS Zona.

So does this make him clutch? Yes it does. All of these games were big games

MIN was the third loss in a three game losing streak that cost us the division
NE is a team that is always a contender

PIT went to the SB that year

NE was to get to the SB.

Anyone who does argues that he has no clutch ability is a fool.

And Personally, I do not think that Kap would be good vs Our D with the game on the line

Well, given the body of work you have to take Flacco and on intangibles alone you like him if we're in that situation in this game... but Kaep is hard to judge because he's unknown quantity. If I'm Jim I have to trust him because he's my starting QB but there is no way to know until it happens.

[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1359510232' post='1334913']
Well, given the body of work you have to take Flacco and on intangibles alone you like him if we're in that situation in this game... but Kaep is hard to judge because he's unknown quantity. If I'm Jim I have to trust him because he's my starting QB but there is no way to know until it happens.
[/quote]
I think Flacco has the IT factor actually

[quote name='HomeoftheBRAVENS' timestamp='1359510776' post='1334930']
Is this a serious question?Joe has become one of the best qbs in the game and youre comparing him to a rookie...
[/quote]
The Almighty Kap is unstoppable out here. He is already considered to be an all time great

[quote name='baltravensrj55' timestamp='1359511733' post='1334980']
Flacco baby! He is clutch lets not kid ourselves.
[/quote]
Not according to most of the media

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359511766' post='1334984']
[/quote]

Screw the media they are the ones saying we will lose 10 points to Denver, and also losing to the Pats. I like Flacco because he takes chances in the big moment. He knew that pass to Jacoby with 36 seconds left in the game had a high chance of being picked off but he took the shot and it paid off. GO FLACCO

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359510831' post='1334933']
The Almighty Kap is unstoppable out here. He is already considered to be an all time great
[/quote]

In Kaep we trust.

Yup, trust Joe. He's earned it. I think Kaep has at least tentatively earned trust from Jim, so I put yes to that too.

[quote name='rlh445' timestamp='1359513890' post='1335033']
Yup, trust Joe. He's earned it. I think Kaep has at least tentatively earned trust from Jim, so I put yes to that too.
[/quote]
Who is better?

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359505129' post='1334776']
If the game comes down to the final two minuets, do you trust Joe as your QB in the Clutch?
My answer here is yes. Simply because he is historically a clutch QB.

I have been arguing with the 69er fans. They say Flacco is the "least clutch QB in the NFL". Where is the proof, and how is your boy Kap any more clutch? Flacco has several clutch moments in his career. Many Blown by other players

@ MIN where Haushka misses the FG
@ NE Clayton drops a perfectly thrown pass
VS PIT where Dickson Drops it
@PIT where Boldin and Housh drop it
@ NE Evans drops the game winner. Should be Joe's second SB

Are all [b]clutch[/b]

Most notably, the PIT Drive last year, and the Flacco Fling this year. He also lead the Ravens back 30 to win VS Zona.

So does this make him clutch? Yes it does. All of these games were big games

MIN was the third loss in a three game losing streak that cost us the division
NE is a team that is always a contender

PIT went to the SB that year

NE was to get to the SB.

Anyone who does argues that he has no clutch ability is a fool.

And Personally, I do not think that Kap would be good vs Our D with the game on the line
[/quote]
Well I did not agree when Callum said Flacco is the least clutch qb, but assuming all the examples you provided we're losses(since they were all drops and missed FGS), they cannot exactly be considered clutch. I understand that the reason they lost was not because of Flacco, but they still lost the game. Kaep is unproven as a clutch qb. There's only to close games I've seen Kaep play, against St. Louis, and against the Pats. Maybe the Falcons game too. He played well against the Pats and Falcons in crunch time, but he choked miserably vs the Rams. Right now I'd definitely say Flacco is more clutch, and I would trust him more as well.

[quote name='nflfan123' timestamp='1359514134' post='1335043']
Well I did not agree when Callum said Flacco is the least clutch qb, but assuming all the examples you provided we're losses(since they were all drops and missed FGS), they cannot exactly be considered clutch. I understand that the reason they lost was not because of Flacco, but they still lost the game. Kaep is unproven as a clutch qb. There's only to close games I've seen Kaep play, against St. Louis, and against the Pats. Maybe the Falcons game too. He played well against the Pats and Falcons in crunch time, but he choked miserably vs the Rams. Right now I'd definitely say Flacco is more clutch, and I would trust him more as well.
[/quote]
Half of them were loses. BY DEFENITION, if a QB puts a kicker or someone else in position to win a game, it is clutch. I get what you are saying. But HE is clutch, his WRS are not

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359511766' post='1334984']
[/quote]
Thought we had all agreed that the media is ALWAYS against us

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359514247' post='1335045']

Half of them were loses. BY DEFENITION, if a QB puts a kicker or someone else in position to win a game, it is clutch. I get what you are saying. But HE is clutch, his WRS are not
[/quote]
I Agree
Except Housh. Housh is god.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359514110' post='1335042']
Who is better?
[/quote]

Joe! :-P

This is sort of a loaded question on a Ravens board. Pretty sure who the majority of us will pick. There are only so many 49ers fans on this board.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1359515673' post='1335078']
This is sort of a loaded question on a Ravens board. Pretty sure who the majority of us will pick. There are only so many 49ers fans on this board.
[/quote]
If a RAIDER FAN on here says Joe, then the majority vote says Joe

I look at it like this- Kaep has followed each and every single one of this interceptions with touchdown drives. That to me is pretty clutch. He'd be 8-1 if it werent for Akers missing chipshots. How clutch is he? Well that remains yet to be seen but so far, he's been pretty clutch and has really his least impressive performance was against seattle where he still threw for 244 yards and rushed for 31 which believe it or not were just about at his season averages. I think the most clutch thing he's done thus far at least is just being consistent, that and playing big boy ball after making costly mistakes.

Lets not overlook all of the game winning drives that WERE successful.
08 vs Pit he led us downfield to tie the game with less than 2 min

08 Led us downfield in the divisional round with 2 min left to beat Ten.
10-Hit Housh for a TD with 14seconds left to beat Pit

11-Hit Torrey for a TD in pit again...28 seconds left for the win

12- Came back from 11 points down against NE to win
- Came back in Denver
- Came back in NE

[quote name='nflfan123' timestamp='1359514134' post='1335043']
[/quote]

Which was more clutch...

Matt Ryan for throwing 2 passes to set up a 49 yard field goal?

Or Joe Flacco throwing 9 passes to methodically drive down the field to set up a 32 yard field goal?

One of these guys did it at home, with 3 of the best pass-catchers in the league, where his guys got open and held on to the ball, and his kicker made a long field goal to win the game.

One of these guys did it on the road, with nowhere near the receiving corps, where his guys weren't getting very open and weren't holding onto the ball, and his kicker missed a short field goal to lose the game.

A lot of people were saying Matt Ryan was clutch there, but what he did wasn't that tough, and he still forced his kicker to nail a very difficult kick.

What Flacco did may not show up on paper as clutch because it didn't result in the win, but what he did was FAR more clutch. It was much more difficult to do, and he set up his teammates to have an easier time of making the plays to wint he game, and his teammates failed on him.

That's really been the stigma of Flacco and the benefit of Ryan, is that Ryan's teammates pretty damn near close to ALWAYS make the clutch last-minute plays to seal a victory, and Flacco's often have not, even though I'd argue Flacco puts his team into an easier position to secure the win. His teammates have never been clutch until this post-season run. Ryan's have always been clutch. This makes Flacco look less clutch than Ryan, but it's an easy to see fact that this is a falsehood. Ryan is often the one choking a game away and then his teammates pick it right back up for the W. I mean, come on, the dude had a 0 TD, 5 INT game earlier this year that he WON! How often does that happen? I'll tell you, out of 68 such games in NFL history, only TWO have resulted in a win: Matt Ryan this year, and the previous time was Bart Starr in 1967.

Another interesting fact: Ryan has had 20 games out of 83 where he threw multiple interceptions. He has an 11-9 record in those games.

Flacco has only had 14 games out of 92 where he threw multiple interceptions. He has a 1-13 record in those games.

So Flacco has such a game 15% of the time, and only wins 7% of them.
Yet Ryan has such a game 24% of the time, and wins 55% of them.

Come on... it's really a no-brainer, here. Ryan simply has the more clutch TEAM. Flacco is the more clutch INDIVIDUAL, and he makes fewer mistakes. Ryan plays on a team where he can make all the mistakes he wants and they still keep him in the game. Flacco is on a team that makes it practically impossible to get a win unless he plays completely mistake-free football.

And yet Flacco still has more career wins. That's saying something.

[quote name='callahan09' timestamp='1359556667' post='1335294']

Which was more clutch...

Matt Ryan for throwing 2 passes to set up a 49 yard field goal?

Or Joe Flacco throwing 9 passes to methodically drive down the field to set up a 32 yard field goal?

One of these guys did it at home, with 3 of the best pass-catchers in the league, where his guys got open and held on to the ball, and his kicker made a long field goal to win the game.

One of these guys did it on the road, with nowhere near the receiving corps, where his guys weren't getting very open and weren't holding onto the ball, and his kicker missed a short field goal to lose the game.

A lot of people were saying Matt Ryan was clutch there, but what he did wasn't that tough, and he still forced his kicker to nail a very difficult kick.

What Flacco did may not show up on paper as clutch because it didn't result in the win, but what he did was FAR more clutch. It was much more difficult to do, and he set up his teammates to have an easier time of making the plays to wint he game, and his teammates failed on him.

That's really been the stigma of Flacco and the benefit of Ryan, is that Ryan's teammates pretty damn near close to ALWAYS make the clutch last-minute plays to seal a victory, and Flacco's often have not, even though I'd argue Flacco puts his team into an easier position to secure the win. His teammates have never been clutch until this post-season run. Ryan's have always been clutch. This makes Flacco look less clutch than Ryan, but it's an easy to see fact that this is a falsehood. Ryan is often the one choking a game away and then his teammates pick it right back up for the W. I mean, come on, the dude had a 0 TD, 5 INT game earlier this year that he WON! How often does that happen? I'll tell you, out of 68 such games in NFL history, only TWO have resulted in a win: Matt Ryan this year, and the previous time was Bart Starr in 1967.

Another interesting fact: Ryan has had 20 games out of 83 where he threw multiple interceptions. He has an 11-9 record in those games.

Flacco has only had 14 games out of 92 where he threw multiple interceptions. He has a 1-13 record in those games.

So Flacco has such a game 15% of the time, and only wins 7% of them.
Yet Ryan has such a game 24% of the time, and wins 55% of them.

Come on... it's really a no-brainer, here. Ryan simply has the more clutch TEAM. Flacco is the more clutch INDIVIDUAL, and he makes fewer mistakes. Ryan plays on a team where he can make all the mistakes he wants and they still keep him in the game. Flacco is on a team that makes it practically impossible to get a win unless he plays completely mistake-free football.

And yet Flacco still has more career wins. That's saying something.
[/quote]
Lol when did I ever say Ryan was clutch? That guy has been known to be a choker. And you can even ask Irrev I said he is the mist overrated qb in the league. He has the best receiving corps and a great o line, plus Michael Turner

[quote name='nflfan123' timestamp='1359606643' post='1336347']
Lol when did I ever say Ryan was clutch? That guy has been known to be a choker. And you can even ask Irrev I said he is the mist overrated qb in the league. He has the best receiving corps and a great o line, plus Michael Turner
[/quote]
You are right. Give Flacco Ryan's weapons and all passing records will be broken by week ten

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1359606728' post='1336348']

You are right. Give Flacco Ryan's weapons and all passing records will be broken by week ten
[/quote]You think it would take that long?

[quote name='Miami Hurricane' timestamp='1359607088' post='1336355']
You think it would take that long?
[/quote]
We still have Rice remember ;)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1507798-is-joe-flacco-underrated-in-the-clutch

Posting an article from my phone not sure if it will work. Anyways it's about Joe being clutch.

Flacco has proven he is a clutch QB, despite some major failings in his team over the years. Kaepernick has too small a sample size to determine how he fares in clutch situations.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1359608349' post='1336374']
[url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1507798-is-joe-flacco-underrated-in-the-clutch"]http://bleacherrepor...d-in-the-clutch[/url]

Posting an article from my phone not sure if it will work. Anyways it's about Joe being clutch.
[/quote]

Great read, good find man. Maybe I enjoy the numbers too much, but that analysis seemed to be of higher quality than the normal fare on that site.

I love that he brought up that 2009 Vikings game, people forget that one it seems. That was a great should-have-been-a comeback.

[quote name='Midnight toker' timestamp='1359552619' post='1335266']
I look at it like this- Kaep has followed each and every single one of this interceptions with touchdown drives. That to me is pretty clutch. He'd be 8-1 if it werent for Akers missing chipshots. How clutch is he? Well that remains yet to be seen but so far, he's been pretty clutch and has really his least impressive performance was against seattle where he still threw for 244 yards and rushed for 31 which believe it or not were just about at his season averages. I think the most clutch thing he's done thus far at least is just being consistent, that and playing big boy ball after making costly mistakes.
[/quote]

Clutch is a last minute thing, not a following interception thing. Btw, is your name a reference to the Steve Miller song The Joker?