Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Ravens Have Undergone An Image Makeover

40 posts in this topic

Tuesday’s Media Day had an entirely different feel than 12 years ago.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Ravens-Have-Undergone-An-Image-Makeover/00c9efa5-ae92-475c-846e-bd611a7ad8b6]View the full article[/url]

All I know is; our guys where dressed cleaner then the board of health. I think Ray was wearing an Armani suit, with a pair of Bruno Magli shoes. Sweet!

Go Ray, Go Ravens!!!!

Baltimore Bullies is not bad... on the football field... that is the key... if we are an imposing force on the field... that is the way it is supposed to be.

But we do not want to present as THUGS off of the field! We want a locker room full of men! not wannabe men. MEN know that is a way of life...not that I am just tough but that I am everybit as responsilbe.

Responsible for my job - for my teammate... for my family for my community etc.
and being tough means not letting anything distract us from those responsibilities.

THE RAVENS organization has done a great job of drafting MEN with that type of character! beyond drafting it the have allowed the MEN Of te organization to develop it and demand of the newcomers...

When they say "PLAY LIKE A RAVEN" it means more than just on the field! LIKE A RAVEN is a personality - a way they carry themselves- being the type of MEN that goes beyond the game of football!

Ray has been the alpha male and that his cup truely runneth over!

What is wrong with being the Baltimore bullies. I loved that style of defense and our current hard nose hard hitting style of defense. With hits like Pollard put on New England, teams still fear playing us. Ray has taught many of our players it is ok to hit hard, play hard but keep it in a game context. After the game we can like and respect each other. What Ray has taught our younger players will last forever. Keep healthy, watch what you eat, live clean and above all else love the Lord and give back to others in need. This is why I love the Ravens.

For those of you who believe in "signs" - have you noticed how the B in the Ravenhead-logo of the franchise kinda forms the figure "13"?

And it's 2013...

bio

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1359506517' post='1334796']
Funny because we're going to bully the 49ers on Sunday.
[/quote]By the start of the second half the Ravens will dominate. I can't see it any other way.

We are far from bullies we hit you in the mouth and let you know that you must play us physical or get beat.

the way people are sending tweets to Ray's son about "how does it feel to have a father that is a murderer" I want the Ravens to run the 49ers out the dayyumm door!!

Watching the Carolina basketball game just now and P.J. Hairston took a brutal shot to the head and has clearly been concussed. I guess I better stop my son from playing basketball too

Gore will be sore. Cap will feel.... was that Pollard or Ray?

The Ravens will put a beat down on the 49ers. I want this sooooo much for Ray and the Ravens.

Dominate!

For as long as I can remember we have always been a team of good people! However, we were immature in our reaction to being trashed by the media. We would basically say if they don't respect you, beat respect out of them.

Lately, however, when we are disrespected by the media types and fans of other teams, we are shrugging it off, but playing hard without bringing attention to the reasons. So, I think we haven't changed our personnel or the way we play, except that we have changed how we react to adversity! My 2 cents....

Didn't Teddy Roosevelt say walk softly and carry a big stick. Image doesn't decide the outcome of football games. The Ravens have to bully or be bullied. I say bully bully!!

Ravens don't need to carry a big stick ...cuz they own the Mill ;)

Don't think u can,...know u can...

Go get that trophy guys,...love ya

If I had my choice between the old Ravens image and the Patriots image, I would take the old Ravens any day. The new Ravens image is better though because it is more complex and colorful and more fun to explore.

Can't exactly get on board with this article. Bullies in the past - but I'd hardly say we've transformed into the media darlings now. Just look at this crap with Lewis. They're turning it into a feeding frenzy. Embrace the bad boy. That's us. Let people hate us. To heck with being liked.

Ravens circa 2001= Winners; Ravens circa 2013= Winners. That's all that needs to be said. All the rest is just window dressing.

Class doesn't sell tickets or sell ratings. The Baltimore Bullies do. I have no problem with class off the field but cherish hard-nosed football for 60 minutes.
The ill-perceived underdogs thing has been working. 4 1/2 points? Lack of credit? I'm cool with that. Kick Jim's butt, John.

[quote name='Barney S' timestamp='1359511159' post='1334952']
By the start of the second half the Ravens will dominate. I can't see it any other way.
[/quote]

You my friend are very wise! I agree.

I think the Ravens are just a mirror for the way the entire league is trying to change. More offense-oriented, less smashmouth football. John Harbaugh has class and manners; Brian Billick, as much as I enjoy his commentary now, was known for his foul language and was pretty confrontational with the press.

I have no problem with the rest of the teams being a little afraid of us. We still have Suggs and Pollard, and they will continue to be perceived as "bullies". That's fine with me.

I don't understand the Lewis controversy. I am not saying Ray took deer antler spray, however what would be wrong with anyone taking a legal drug to help heal during a time of inactivity and rehabilitation? It is outrageous to censure someone for trying to rehabilitate themselves after a sickness or injury. People have the right to choose unconventional therapies to get better. There are times when big brother, the government, and the NFL should just lay off. There is no evidence that Ray ever took banned drugs to enhance his performance.

To me, the guy accusing Ray Lewis is just trying to get as much publicity out of this thing as possible. Just look at the timing! If he made these accusations next week, he'd only get about a 10th of the coverage he's getting right now. I mean, really, you bring this up 5 days before the Super Bowl?!?! The NFL has set up a system for catching banned-substance users. It's called random drug testing. If Ray followed all the NFL's rules, took the tests and came out clean that should be the end of it. Instead this guy is influencing the court of public opinion. It's not right!! But, then again, look at what happened to Lance Armstrong. He passed all his tests and got stripped anyway.

I hope the NFL, in it's infinite wisdom, waits until after the game to address this to avoid distracting the team from it's goal, WINNING SUPER BOWL XLVII!!!

I rather for them to still be calling us bullies. It has always been us against the world and I believe that is what always gave this team their edge!

I am really troubled by the Ray Lewis accusation. If Ray Lewis is the man that he is portrayed to be, he should just come out and admit to taking the substance, if it is not banned by the league. I am as ardent a Ravens fan as anyone out there, but we cannot have double standards. If Ray truly believes in the Good Book, he should come clean. Even Ozzie said that since Ray was not suspended, it should be alright, but he never said that Ray actually denied taking the banned substance.

I have seen over the years that we are certainly the team that everyone loves to hate. It disgusts me and makes me shake my head that people continue live in the past and continue calling us the Baltimore Criminals, etc and always throwing around crap about the "Ray Lewis incident". It is so frustrating to listen to that stuff, cause I have always stood by our team.

I didn't get "into" football until I was in high school, and that is when the Ravens were created. As a Maryland girl, I decided they were my team, and I was proud to call myself a Ravens fan, and I still am to this day. No matter the bumps in the road we might take.

I love the image we have now and the class acts that we are. I look at how some of the other teams handle themselves and it just makes me that much more proud of our Ravens. I think John Harbaugh has done a great job with this team, and that he really has created a family feeling among the teammates. This era of the Ravens is going to fly stronger than we ever have. I see many trips to the big game in our future!

Go Ravens!!
mrs.raven

[quote name='Tyche' timestamp='1359560464' post='1335325']
I am really troubled by the Ray Lewis accusation. If Ray Lewis is the man that he is portrayed to be, he should just come out and admit to taking the substance, if it is not banned by the league. I am as ardent a Ravens fan as anyone out there, but we cannot have double standards. If Ray truly believes in the Good Book, he should come clean. Even Ozzie said that since Ray was not suspended, it should be alright, but he never said that Ray actually denied taking the banned substance.
[/quote]

But if he DIDN'T take it, what in the world should he be admitting to? I don't know whether he took it or didn't, and neither do you, but unlike you, I'm not presumptious enough to think I can look into someone's heart and mind and know whether or not he's telling the truth...