9 replies to this topic

#1 UMDan

UMDan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, but a terrific piece on OJ Brigance and the Ravens from ESPN/SportsCenter:

#2 Hjulmann

Hjulmann

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Heartbreaking. Seems like such a waste man. I'm so happy he's around for the Superbowl.
Posted Image
"It's all for Ray Lewis" - Ray Rice

#3 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Heartbreaking. Seems like such a waste man. I'm so happy he's around for the Superbowl.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste of a man per say, yea he's lost all physical ability from what he once was able to do, but his mind is still there, his heart and drive is still there, the willingness to help development/growth of this great team and organization. that's the biggest attribute anyone anywhere, any time can offer anyone. and that is something that is valued much more than the physical being. speaking from experience ( from a physical disability stand point as I was born with a medical condition that has hindered me my whole life) use the downside as a strength! something of motivation. we all hear about how players are using their experiences as something to drive off of, well O.J looks past the physical aspect of life, his meaning to the organization is second to none..when people look upon him, they don't see (or at least I don't) a person in a wheel chair unable to speak exc, we see a driving force. a Motivation. a human being whose worth is more than meets the eye...... O.J. You are a inspiration to us all, to the team, to your players. to your family and friends. hopefully many many more years fo him to come :229031_cheer:

Edited by Raven07, 29 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#4 Hjulmann

Hjulmann

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste of a man per say, yea he's lost all physical ability from what he once was able to do, but his mind is still there, his heart and drive is still there, the willingness to help development/growth of this great team and organization. that's the biggest attribute anyone anywhere, any time can offer anyone. and that is something that is valued much more than the physical being. speaking from experience ( from a physical disability stand point as I was born with a medical condition that has hindered me my whole life) use the downside as a strength! something of motivation. we all hear about how players are using their experiences as something to drive off of, well O.J looks past the physical aspect of life, his meaning to the organization is second to none..when people look upon him, they don't see (or at least I don't) a person in a wheel chair unable to speak exc, we see a driving force. a Motivation. a human being whose worth is more than meets the eye...... O.J. You are a inspiration to us all, to the team, to your players. to your family and friends. hopefully many many more years fo him to come :229031_cheer:

Don't get me wrong man, I didn't mean it in disrespect at all. What I was getting at was, I feel for him, and it seems unfair that this illness should happen to anyone, my point by calling it a "waste"
Posted Image
"It's all for Ray Lewis" - Ray Rice

#5 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Don't get me wrong man, I didn't mean it in disrespect at all. What I was getting at was, I feel for him, and it seems unfair that this illness should happen to anyone, my point by calling it a "waste"

none taken :) I was taking your point and explaining more lol (being a person with a physical disability myself)
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#6 TheRavenouseD2008

TheRavenouseD2008

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

OJ needs ring number 2, Ray promised him and Ray promised Grandma one too . Ray keeps his promises !

" We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We

weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not

supposed to be here, but we are." Grant Taylor " Facing the

Giants"   (reminds me of us last year and maybe this year as well)

#7 blackandpurplesacks

blackandpurplesacks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

OJ is the man

#8 JohnnyBoy8102

JohnnyBoy8102

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I always remember OJ's tackle on the opening kickoff of SB 35.

OJ truly is a great man.
"There are six, seven players in front of me [financially] at my position that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."- Ed Reed

"Your a joke." -Mr. GM

#9 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Thank you for sharing!

Posted Image

#10 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

It was awesome the way Harbs got everyone to cheer for OJ.
That was just a great thing to watch.

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users