30 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

The Ravens GM confident that the organization will work out a deal with Joe Flacco.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Both Joe and Ed should be in purple and black until they retire. Ozzie will get it done.

#3 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

@ Berkeley, I agree 100%.

#4 lavenderlady

lavenderlady

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Don't forget Kruger! I know priorities are Joe and Ed, but I don't want to see Paul Krueger leave....or anyone else, for that matter! I know that's not going to happen, but that's what I would like.

#5 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

If Joe emulates the unselfish Ray Rice and doesn't get the max, he has a better chance of keeping people like Krueger, etc, and winning another Superbowl!

#6 smolina2o1

smolina2o1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Joe Flacco deserves to get paid, and Reed even though he has aged, that takes nothing away from his talents and importance on the field. For years we all have heard Ray Lewis has lost a step and he isnt as explosive anymore but look at how much better we play when Lewis is on the field. Ed Reed is no different! Ed Reed Is the next general on our defense and its going to be hard to resign him because we still need to resign Kruger, Ellerbe, Cary Williams and dont forget Boldin is also a free agent next year, and after this last offseason we said goodbye to a lot of players, granted even with all those players we let go we are still playing in the super bowl i think when a team is great for soo long it only stays great because of the players u keep around. Im not saying we can resign all of them but Kruger and Ellerbe are essential along with Reed and Flacco.

#7 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think both will return. Nobody thought Ray Rice's deal would get done, and it got done right at the deadline. I just hope Ed realizes that he isn't the same player, and doesn't expect a ton of money, because i think Ellerbe and Kruger are more crucial than Ed is at this point in his career. We can get 5 or more years from Ellerbe and Kruger, but Ed might have one or two more.

#8 boldtown

boldtown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

another piece of media to distract the players. couldn't have waited until feb. 4

#9 bmoreravens21784

bmoreravens21784

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I want Ed to finish his career where it began.

#10 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I love Ed Reed but Joe is top priority followed by Ellerbe then Kruger. If theres enough left for Ed after that, I would sign him. Which I dont see why there wouldnt be enough because of Ray retiring I believe we will have a fair share of cap room. Id hate to see Mr. Reed playing for the Patriots or the Jets next year.

Ill be the first to say this... I may get negged for it but... I dont see Kruger coming back next year if he is asking for a bigger contract. Hes had 1 good year and a solid year before. If he asks too much, I would tender him with a 1st round pick if that is allowed, I dont really know the rules with that, and if a team wants to give up a 1st rounder for him then great. If no one will do that, sign him for the tender and wait to see what he does next year.

I wish we could keep all of our players but unfortunately that is the beauty of the NFL. If we could sign all of our players every year with no limitations it would be unfair to the rest of the league because of how good Ozzie drafts every year.

Edited by RavenManiac20, 29 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#11 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

We're the luckiest fan base in all sports (at least top 5,) Thank you Oz.

#12 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Either way I guarantee Joe is going nowhere weather that means being tagged or not but I have a feeling Kruger is going to walk they should just slap him with a high tender and see if someone's willing to pay that I hate to say it but in this years pass rush happy draft it almost makes him expendable

#13 Valid1

Valid1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Best case we get Joe and Ellerbe for reasonable prices (I think the absolute best we could get for Mr.Flacco would be around 15 mil per year), then we tender Kruger and some other team over pays for him. Cary Williams is gone which is a good thing, but I think Reed is too. No way we pay him more then 3.5 mil with the way he played this season and he could probably get double that elsewhere.

#14 The Negotiator

The Negotiator

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

You win some and you lose some but when Flacco wins Sunday he will be getting top 5 money. I hope we can keep 59 out of Kruger Williams and Elerbe I would keep 59

#15 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ozzie can get it done.

#16 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

The only person to complicate Joe's contract would be his agent. Ray Rice had to override his agent last year to compromise with his contract and do the right thing. Agents can be a "pita" sometimes.

#17 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I've been saying ALL year that if we got Flacco's deal done early it would have been the least expensive way to go. I hope we get a long term deal done, and maybe then we could save the franchise tag.

#18 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

I think Ed just needs to retire. He's always playing through so much pain. There is no shame in going out on top with the General also. Take the ring and run.

#19 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

we will win and ed will retire along with lewis and birk. ed will be awesome to keep in the organization in any capacity

#20 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Ray is retiring....Birk will retire. Cary will be gone... David Reed will be gone. We just let Kindle go (albiet from the PS) I really beleive that we may lose Krueger (especially with how well UPSHAW has played this season) and who is available in the draft.

possibly restructure WEBBS deal and worse case scenario we franchise Joe!
That means we are not carrying too many big contracts next season
1. joe
2. rice
3. ngata
4. suggs
5. ed
6. boldin
7. yanda

we are getting some quality play at a bargin price right now....
Torrey is on a rookie contract... KO... Krueger...McClellan...Pitta... Ellerbee... McKinnie... Pierce...chykie... corey graham...tucker... mcphee and art jones are all given us a significant return on a smallish contract....upshaw

its the inbetweeners....
Jacoby... Leach... Oher... Pollard and Mclain that we need to get a big return on... and TBH this season we (for the most part) we really did!

IDK.... Oz has worked his magic in the past and I have full confidence that they will figure this one out too and we will make another run at repeat champions next season!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users